This strafing discussion.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
There are ways to counter it etc, learn how to do that instead of crying over it. Playing a meleer atm is allready way to easy, remove stick/face imo and this "strafe" issue will be over, you ppl expect to hit 100% when you stick and style away? ... zzz

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Succi said:
It's part of the game now.. and I feel it goes some way towards nerfing overpowered tank groups which dominate rvr.

Fadeh , I understand you get angry when people use it ; but think how annoyed it makes other people when you use buffbot resists and completely nerf pbaoe to the extent strafe bug does to melee.
wwhen i was in PE everytimes i grouped with fader he never used bb resist ...
bb buffs but not resist buffs and cleric in group always do it not the bb
now i havent played with fader for long maybe they do it now but i dont think so ;o

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
Araudry said:
now i havent played with fader for long maybe they do it now but i dont think so ;o

We use it when we know eclipse or np are out in emain when we leave apk. But not like we go apk every 10minutes to redo em. Only time we would move back to apk is if any in group have died and need new buffs and we are already close to apk. So its not like we have it always up.

Fenster

Fledgling Freddie
Araudry said:

well, care to explain?

Attachments

• really.jpg
    really.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 100

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Heh you run around with 24% body/spirit/energy all the time and whine that PE does it a few times when leaving APK? :)

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
Heh you run around with 24% body/spirit/energy all the time and whine that PE does it a few times when leaving APK? :)

Because members in the group used spec points for it , im pretty sure there would be 0 whine if PE used 50 enhance cleric in group

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Succi said:
Because members in the group used spec points for it , im pretty sure there would be 0 whine if PE used 50 enhance cleric in group

Actually, they do. Here's how it usually happens:

Faderullan: "Any cleric LFG?"
Random buffot: "Yeah, sure m8s"
Faderullan: "Cool, buff resists up and we gotta go"
Random buffbot "Ah soz m8s, gotta go, but I give resists"
Faderullan: "Damn, ok, guess we gotta take Loch then. Thanks for resists tho!"

Fenster

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:

cos your main damage type is body/spirit/energy? Imagine if we had permanent bof, that'd be nice.

few times when leaving APK? - yeah, every 10mins.

+ what succi said.

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Fenster said:
well, care to explain?
anyways u still have ur heat debuffs, DD + stun and pet healing or nuking and in chanter group if all assist they die very fast u proly know ^^
nerf chanter too :p

Borvo

Fledgling Freddie
Araudry said:
anyways u still have ur heat debuffs, DD + stun and pet healing or nuking and in chanter group if all assist they die very fast u proly know ^^
nerf chanter too :p
heat debuff that last 2sec on a tank...SO UBER...when a tank dont have to debuff because resist is only at 26...

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Borvo said:
heat debuff that last 2sec on a tank...SO UBER...when a tank dont have to debuff because resist is only at 26...
when chanter assist with nuke it take that long to kill ? :p
i have seen many time alb getting killed in a mili sec by the assist nuke :>

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Borvo said:

Not before nerf.

NP/Eclipse casters could kill alb tanks in like 4s or so when they are buffed.

I have died 3 hits to heat debuff nukes with 2350hp.(probably because of eld str/con debuff assisted with it)

But now after nerf they seem noway as overpowered as they once was.(even eclipse players themselves admitted it :p , i got hit 843 off lorelei or piojo once by heat debuff nuke...)

Arus Canus

One of Freddy's beloved
I dont get it...

why call it a bug/cheat when u can assign a key to "strafe", already set on Q/W ??

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Arus Canus said:
I dont get it...

why call it a bug/cheat when u can assign a key to "strafe", already set on Q/W ??
cause it s not working as intended? ;p

Borvo

Fledgling Freddie
Araudry said:
cause it s not working as intended? ;p
goa says other wice...but hey whining albs knows best aye...stop making a fool out of urself...

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Borvo said:
goa says other wice...but hey whining albs knows best aye...stop making a fool out of urself...
and what goa has to do with the lag/cheat strafe abuse? ;o
u mean mythic ? ^^

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Araudry said:
when chanter assist with nuke it take that long to kill ? :p
i have seen many time alb getting killed in a mili sec by the assist nuke :>

yep all classes have their peak and bottoms moments, this patch the fotms have changed, thats the way the world of daoc works :rolleyes:

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Borvo said:

yes, cause only albs whine about this?

get a clue

Borvo

Fledgling Freddie
well i dont know the nicks so well on this forum but i only see PE and other albs whine...but bye..need to train in strafing....now i quit if albs quite stealther adds...;o

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Borvo said:
well i dont know the nicks so well on this forum but i only see PE and other albs whine...but bye..need to train in strafing....now i quit if albs quite stealther adds...;o

k m8s i start hax your computers and make you go LD if you strafe okok?

Borvo

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
k m8s i start hax your computers and make you go LD if you strafe okok?
thats ok plz do kid

lil hint...see the ;o...that means im not serius

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Araudry said:
and what goa has to do with the lag/cheat strafe abuse? ;o
u mean mythic ? ^^

if its "abuse" and "cheating" its against the GOA CoC. Strafeing aint against any CoC and very much allowed.

:kissit:

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
Not before nerf.

NP/Eclipse casters could kill alb tanks in like 4s or so when they are buffed.

I have died 3 hits to heat debuff nukes with 2350hp.(probably because of eld str/con debuff assisted with it)

But now after nerf they seem noway as overpowered as they once was.(even eclipse players themselves admitted it :p , i got hit 843 off lorelei or piojo once by heat debuff nuke...)

Well most casters have died in 3 hits by tanks.... And casters can be interrupted and need power where tanks on the other hand need to be close to do damage, balances it out I guess? Though now casters got nerfed etc.
(Disclaimer by casters I ofc means chanters since everything else is already way below all realms' tanks standart)

Oh, and svgs solo casters in 4sec where as casters certainly need to assist to drop tanks in 4 seconds, even before the nerf.

Oh well, bring on toa :p

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Edlina said:
Well most casters have died in 3 hits by tanks.... And casters can be interrupted and need power where tanks on the other hand need to be close to do damage, balances it out I guess? Though now casters got nerfed etc.
(Disclaimer by casters I ofc means chanters since everything else is already way below all realms' tanks standart)

Oh, and svgs solo casters in 4sec where as casters certainly need to assist to drop tanks in 4 seconds, even before the nerf.

Oh well, bring on toa :p

My ice wiz was complete crap to a chanter but i do not really care i still play it :p

Chanters didn't need to assist before nerf with heat debuff if they were high rr good ones.(insane cast speed and high crit rates)

nick

Fledgling Freddie
nick said:
I don't use it. I get plenty of people that do it against my infiltrator, BUT I don't criticise people that do. To me it is exactly the same as using a buffbot, one-shot stay stealth, asd or rocket jumping in quakeworld. Yes, it can be frustrating when you're up against it but so were all the other things I mentioned.

Remi's official answer from GOA clearly states it is not against the CoC to use it, and saying mythic/GOA don't have a clue about bugs is totally baseless as they proved with the abuse of the necro los issue and various other bugs.

If you don't like the rules of the game; stop playing.

:m00: :eek: :m00: :eek:

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
only noobs qq about strafing all day and all night, its built in feature until fixed just do it or dont but please stfu..

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Tell you what....these hypocrites dont fucking like it cos anyone can do it, and puts peeps on a lvl playing field. Unlike 2 bots per grp which only powergamers can do.

Anyone who uses a bot and don't like strafe is a fucking hypocrite simple as that, both legal features, and both stink depending on ur PoV. Peeps are just pick and mixing what legal cheats they'd like to use imo.

Mael, 50th ment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom