This forum is still going eh?

bainteor

Banned
Lol. I have behaved myself for years and now this. One bottle of booze and away I go again. The word pathetic comes to mind. Mind you at least I have packed the game in some time ago which I suppose is the main thing. I'm probably still good for some great poems though :).

Why don't you return in May to play some Thidranki? I'll be there. Just make a free 14 day trial account.

Why don't you return in May to play some Thidranki? I'll be there. Just make a free 14 day trial account.

Can't see it somehow. I did have a go sometime ago on the paid server and I found they had altered the poisons which made things worse. I had also either stopped playing like I used to or players had improved or something but I wasn't the force I once was that is for sure. Now if Uthgard would create a new 20-24 Thid then I would probably go back for a little while.

Thing is you can't recreate the past and the highs I had from then were more than enough for me. I mean after you have had umpteen extremely hard fights you just burn out. Then again who knows I might get some adrenalin to flow in these calcifying veins of mine again.

bainteor

Banned
I pray I live to see this epic engagement take place

It would be quite interesting as I have never played with Thugs, although I recall speaking to him ingame and via email. I believe it could be great for the community because we knew most of the active players in Thidranki. We could perhaps gather a few of our friends, or people from FreddysHouse, to form a set group or something - although it seems unlikely. Feel free to join us if you have the time or the inclination to do so.

Can't see it somehow. I did have a go sometime ago on the paid server and I found they had altered the poisons which made things worse. I had also either stopped playing like I used to or players had improved or something but I wasn't the force I once was that is for sure. Now if Uthgard would create a new 20-24 Thid then I would probably go back for a little while.

Thing is you can't recreate the past and the highs I had from then were more than enough for me. I mean after you have had umpteen extremely hard fights you just burn out. Then again who knows I might get some adrenalin to flow in these calcifying veins of mine again.

The game has indeed changed in many ways, some would say beyond recognition. I can understand how it may be difficult for you. However there have been some nice additions too (NPC buffbots for example, it costs only a few gold for a full set of buffs in Thidranki).

I will definitely agree with you about recreating the past. Unfortunately, I have returned many a time in order to do just that ... but I have learnt that it is not the right attitude to have when playing Thidranki again. I don't think that I have totally burned out - the passion for playing Thidranki is still within me. I think I'll always have it because of the people that I met. It was a very tight community. I did however burn out for a bit on my Eldritch, after it got to 25,000 kills in 9 months I made only about 8,000 kills in the next 2 years. That was nearly 5 years ago but retrospectively I think it was the beginning of the end - I'd achieved what I'd always wanted to, I had done what no other player had done, I was a true legend. It was a strange, poignant feeling and I cannot comprehend it even now. When something that great happens you look back at all the flame wars, the intensity of everything and think ... perhaps it is time for one to hang up the old staff.

I honestly cannot say for sure whether playing Thidranki on Ywain will get the 'adrenaline flowing' again. I don't think the competition is there. Those legendary players, whose deathspams rolled on inexorably, have long since gone. I'll inform you on FreddysHouse if you want my assessment around June, which is when I should be returning for a month.

Everz

FH is my second home
Molvik or CV these days.

Molvik on weekend usually has 70+ from each realm duking it out, great roaming action.

bainteor

Banned
Molvik or CV these days.

Molvik on weekend usually has 70+ from each realm duking it out, great roaming action.

Molvik does indeed seem to be the new Thidranki. If there really is no worthwhile action in the 20-24 BG, as I suspect will be the case, then I will, albeit begrudgingly, play Molvik if there are people to play with. Do you play Molvik?

Everz

FH is my second home
Molvik does indeed seem to be the new Thidranki. If there really is no worthwhile action in the 20-24 BG, as I suspect will be the case, then I will, albeit begrudgingly, play Molvik if there are people to play with. Do you play Molvik?

I did play with Logi for a bit till he quit, was a good laugh, manage to get about 1k kills within 4 or so days of casual play, gives you an idea.

If people were going to group I'd be well for it, no problem to template something.

bainteor

Banned
I did play with Logi for a bit till he quit, was a good laugh, manage to get about 1k kills within 4 or so days of casual play, gives you an idea

If people were going to group I'd be well for it, no problem to template something.

I only played there for one day with Logi, he gave me an Eldritch template ... I believe that was the day he quit too because he got quite angry about something. I don't know if he intends to return, he hasn't replied to my messages.

I'll be contacting CorNoKz in late May so if we decide on anything I'll let you know. The action that you speak of does indeed interest me.

Everz

FH is my second home
I only played there for one day with Logi, he gave me an Eldritch template ... I believe that was the day he quit too because he got quite angry about something. I don't know if he intends to return, he hasn't replied to my messages.

I'll be contacting CorNoKz in late May so if we decide on anything I'll let you know. The action that you speak of does indeed interest me.

He quit for GW2 last time I spoke to him. Yeah, I'm around if anyone wants to group up and such, only solo on Ranger in NF usually.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
He quit for GW2 last time I spoke to him. Yeah, I'm around if anyone wants to group up and such, only solo on Ranger in NF usually.
Everz let's make some molvik chars! I got a 39 caba which is templated and a 39 untemplated cleric that I'd be up for templating. On mid I have a 39 warrior without a template, but lots of Thidranki chars which I could level up a bit. Pretty sure I have fuck all on hib, chars or cash

Everz

FH is my second home
Everz let's make some molvik chars! I got a 39 caba which is templated and a 39 untemplated cleric that I'd be up for templating. On mid I have a 39 warrior without a template, but lots of Thidranki chars which I could level up a bit. Pretty sure I have fuck all on hib, chars or cash

I've got a 39 hero, the rest I've all took to 50 though I've got a casters suit ready If I need to reroll one. Skald or something with speed would be quite lol.

CorNokZ

I've got a 39 hero, the rest I've all took to 50 though I've got a casters suit ready If I need to reroll one. Skald or something with speed would be quite lol.
I'd best most comfortable doing alb or mid. I got an lgm crafter on mid and tonnes of plats on alb. I will play whatever, as long as I don't have to cc, lol :) Zerker might be fun actually :) I already played skald and not rolling another..

Everz

FH is my second home
I'd best most comfortable doing alb or mid. I got an lgm crafter on mid and tonnes of plats on alb. I will play whatever, as long as I don't have to cc, lol :) Zerker might be fun actually :) I already played skald and not rolling another..

I wouldn't mind a speed class (skald) be no hassle to get a script running for all sorts of a song abuse haha.

I'm stuck for cash on mid but got a sham/warr/lock so can farm a bit I guess, got a vault of darkspire shit as well.

Will check if the acc is still open later, working atm.

CorNokZ

I wouldn't mind a speed class (skald) be no hassle to get a script running for all sorts of a song abuse haha.

I'm stuck for cash on mid but got a sham/warr/lock so can farm a bit I guess, got a vault of darkspire shit as well.

Will check if the acc is still open later, working atm.
I'll do all the crafting etc. for free if we go to mid

CorNokZ

Account is open, what time you around tomorrow?

Bot account down so can't make one however but will be on Skald duty.
I'm on now. Can make a zerker. Found a pretty sweet template, but gonna level the zerker a bit first. It is lvl24 now, so reckon I can have it in molvik in a couple of hours

Everz

FH is my second home
I'm on now. Can make a zerker. Found a pretty sweet template, but gonna level the zerker a bit first. It is lvl24 now, so reckon I can have it in molvik in a couple of hours

I'm level 0. QQ

I'll be on around 6pm GMT. Got gym/work to do before hand bud.

Everz

FH is my second home

Also yea.. spell duration important on skald at this level?

Adding to that.. are you a Kobbie or Dorf? These are minimum requirements!

CorNokZ

Also yea.. spell duration important on skald at this level?

Adding to that.. are you a Kobbie or Dorf? These are minimum requirements!
Troll ofc. cba rerolling to other race now

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I made a warlock a lil while ago just got to lvl39 yesterday and rr2l2 today using the BG..bp gear.

But I've got about 5k glass and 2.5k bp's now though if you guys need it for arties.

Char is Draevahn

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I have a spare Gem of lost memories and oriens belt Encounters to if any need it, forgot I did the actual encounter went and bought the book and encounter with bps after :mad: :oops: :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom