The Walking Dead (series 3)

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I think the human to human thing thing could be great but on the whole it's usually been poorly written so far.

My biggest problem with this show is where does it go? How long can we have a group of characters just surviving? It's just relentlessly sad and dark right now and it's getting kindof boring.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It's the only zombiething out there and it has it's moments, i just would like it to focus a bit more on the wasteland aspect of it instead of the human to human interaction.

H2H isn't bad, don't get me wrong, but lately it's been a bit less survival and a lot more crying.

I agree, there should be some kind of rogue roaming element that aren't the zombies, such as militarized humans that are a greater threat than the zombies that keep the group moving from place to place.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I remember people making similar comments about Battlestar Galactica's last two seasons. The thing is, Galactica went out on an epic high, those "filler" episodes were basic storytelling leading to that high.

This series is no different. You can't have epic episodes every week, you need to slow down and focus on the human elements now and again. For instance, how much "filler" was used before this:

View: http://vimeo.com/20416229

leggy

Probably Scottish
This series is no different. You can't have epic episodes every week, you need to slow down and focus on the human elements now and again

Agreed. Now if they could only write the human elements without resorting to pointless bickering. There is very little in the way of inspiring drama in this show. The writers only need to look as far as shows like The Killing to see how tense human2human drama is supposed to be done.

Saying that.. I'm mostly hooked and can't wait to see David Morrisey get cunted with a seriously nasty weapon.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I dunno, at times the human to human drama is some of the best, the other week with the black dude and Andy for example.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I totally agree that the Human stuff can be some of the best stuff if done well, but the writers on this show make some weird choices at times and they always seems to open up these interesting themes and topics and then never explore them.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
6869402_460s_v1.jpg

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I totally agree that the Human stuff can be some of the best stuff if done well, but the writers on this show make some weird choices at times and they always seems to open up these interesting themes and topics and then never explore them.

You have to understand this is largely based on the comic books.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
But haven't they already departed pretty significantly from the comic books? Why pull back now?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
nobody cares about the comic books though!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Nobody cares about the show either.

Disclaimer; before you get pissy, yes you, the person about to go apesh*t over that comment; it's a joke.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
If you're not up to date, don't open the thread.

It might not mean what you think it does

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
After a think; Yeah fair enough. Not that the endshow "next time" don't spoil more anyway :p

leggy

Probably Scottish
If you're not up to date, don't open the thread.

It might not mean what you think it does

What else would it mean? That he accidentally poo'd himself with only 1 pair of jeans in his wardrobe

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Toht might have thought that Daryl had bought the farm

That's pretty much it, i was pleasantly surprised so Toms spoiler was actually a good one :p

Two things on episode 14 and 15 bothered me though;

Governor finding the blondie chicklet no matter what like she had a gps up her butt and then (to a lesses degree) episode 15 the ninja chicklet getting tied to the pole when she could just walk over and untie it :p

I know she had her hands bound, but still, seemed like an excuse to do the whole decapitation by wire trick.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Poor Daryl :(
I saw this before watching the episode after mindlessly opening the thread, as you do.

And immediately thought nah, Daryl won't die, so it must be Merle

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's ok. The military come back and sort all the shit out, the next episode will just be tidying up story lines I imagine.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
It's ok. The military come back and sort all the shit out, the next episode will just be tidying up story lines I imagine.
If that actually happened im sure Rick would tell the military the prison is theirs and to get out, "it's too risky!"

leggy

Probably Scottish
Toht might have thought that Daryl had bought the farm

I'm surprised he thought that and I think misleading spoilers are just as crappy. I'm obviously an emotional cripple though... I definitely did NOT think 'poor daryl'. I thought 'thank fuck I don't have to listen to Merle's annoying voice anymore :)'.. However, I did feel a glimmer of awe at his plan and they way he executed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom