The true story....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
Thats when I attempted to play a group char, I didn't say when, just that I've experienced and know what its like so don't be picky. :m00:

Prob why many only play rogues, cause at least you can go out and have fun without worrying about getting groups.
You need grp in stealth wars also now tho. but there isnt a perfect grp there

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
midgard/hibernia on excal sucks _becos_ of the huge alb zerg!
run around with 1 FG perfect or not, you meet 5-8 FG albs too often.
if you on the other hand play stealther, then there's craploads of rr4- stealth zergs from all three realms, a tad smaller zergs with rr5-7 stealthers from all realms and solo/duo/trio of high rr's.
alb stealthers doesent seem to leave TK without at least one minstrel with them etc etc etc.
the game itself is nothing wrong with, it's the players that make it suck cos everyone is too god dam afraid of dying.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Aloca said:

brought a tear to my eye to read that :p id almost say its true :/

Smid

Fledgling Freddie
Xandax said:
Unless somebody does extensive homework before playing DAoC, just after buying and installing the game - they have no way of knowing that the "end-game" of RvR will be easier as Albion.
The first time a newcommer is to select realms, you think he knows that RvR for casual players is easier in Albion because they zerg rather then build groups or what not, and *therefore* selects Albion?
I doubt it.
It could possible cause a portion to shift realm/servers after they have gotten a(or more) high level character and found more out about the game - but I doubt that it is the main attraction and I strongly doubt that it would be the initial thought when selecting realm for the first time.

I think Lothandar is much more on the money in this dicussion.

Aye, that might very well be the case but in my opinion most newcomers /though Mythic has done all they can to make it as hard as possible for newcomers to enter the game, but hey...thats another story alltogether) to this game has a friend playing it and before selecting realm
they ask what realm he should join. I myself has drafted a couple of friends
lately.

And which realm did they choose you think judging from my reasoning ?

Aye, Albion ofc.

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
There is no such thing as soloers in emain anymore, and if they really are solo the backup is rarely more then a few units away..

still fun tho allways nice to fight superior numbers :)

wish i could port to odins :)

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodaxe_Springskalle said:
the game itself is nothing wrong with, it's the players that make it suck cos everyone is too god dam afraid of dying.

Yep. Agree 100%.

Can't believe the state to which things have degenerated. I took a break for 2 months and came back a week ago. Usual weekend DaoC for me prior to the break was logon in the morning, solo in Odins against other soloers or stealth duo/trios till 14:00 ish, half to full group roaming till log at night.

That is now not possible. Take Sunday as an example. At 11 am there are 9 Alb soloers in Odins. Hibs are zerging. 11 am for pity's sake. What challenge is there in killing players who just /sit in disgusted contempt.

/salute to Ismail who ran solo.
/contempt for Brodia, Vipr and packs.

I know dying means you have to port back but are you really either that scared of it or so deficient in game skills that you have to zerg?

Excalibur is now finished for me till NF when I will finally join in with the zerg. Crashing the server will be more fun than Excal RvR atm.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Aloca said:

sad but true... u hardly ever face some1 solo.... and if u do some1 always add :(

I rather /q then zerg tho unless I'm playing with a rl friend.... solo is fun, even vs 2 gimps :p but offen hard to do because u always get pwned by more then 2 :p

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Smid said:
Aye, that might very well be the case but in my opinion most newcomers /though Mythic has done all they can to make it as hard as possible for newcomers to enter the game, but hey...thats another story alltogether) to this game has a friend playing it and before selecting realm
they ask what realm he should join. I myself has drafted a couple of friends
lately.

And which realm did they choose you think judging from my reasoning ?

Aye, Albion ofc.

Then it isn't because of RvR or what not. Then it is because *you* "drafted" them based on your own oppinion. If you had stucked it out in Midgard and played there, you could have drafted them into that realm regardless of what RvR is like for each realm.
I did somewhat similar, and had a friend that asked me about the game, and he ended up playing Midgard because I did. Not because of how the perception of the RvR was, but because he knew me in the game.

No doubt it is easier for casual players to RvR in Albion due to the "zerging", but I still state that this is not the reason why people choose Albion when they start the game as newcommers. If they know somebody in-game, they are more likely to choose the realm of these people, regardless of state - simply due to the socializing factor.
Otherwise I still think Lothandars statement holds more truth, in that the game in design implies Albion to newcommers.

I however think more people are inclined to join Albion on different servers if they already have an established base in the game, because of the fact that when you know about this game, Albion seems to have it "easier" in RvR due to population differences, and (some) people like being on the "winning team" so to speak. I, however, don't buy it is the case for newcommers.

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:
That is now not possible. Take Sunday as an example. At 11 am there are 9 Alb soloers in Odins. Hibs are zerging. 11 am for pity's sake. What challenge is there in killing players who just /sit in disgusted contempt.

typical albs
9 soloers
why not make grp and keel oll?

Gesta

Loyal Freddie
Have to admit its the reason i left midgard, i wouldnt say im a casual player, not as hard core as some but i put my hours in and sitting at mtk all day really bored the shit outta me.

I did the the decent thing in getting my runie to rr5 and moved from mid to hib, made a chimp....unfortunately hib has same attitude....so i then roll a stealther.
I was a sb in the beta but couldnt b arsed to move realms again and made a ns for a second time after deleting a lvl 43 one to move to alb but the groups were so retarded in alb i stayed in hib...

swings n roundabouts u see.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
i find zergs the dullest thing in this game.
I am a casual player yet i have a ML10 Toa'd character.
Imo if you want something you can get it just takes a little longer.
Problem is people are too lazy (with a few exceptions who work silly hrs :p) its the same on pry where i am an alb (so i could play with m8s, nothing to do with population balance). If you wanted to be rvr viable and run in a fg you would be, most people cba so whine about hardcore players and zerg.
Ofc there are exceptions to the rule, but far as i can see this is the general trend

Hrogar

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry to see you left the realm after judging us from experiences in Emain. That truly does not show the best side of any realm I'm afraid. Now, what guild were you in here? Since it depends a lot on guildaffiliation how easy you can get a group (never been in Emain and not seen at least 1 fg BC running around f e) that's a very important question.
I'm a casual player and I've played Midgard from day one, been here for 2½ years now and I've never once thought about switching realms. Surely Albion and Hibernia has it's good sides, but so does Midgard. Thousands and again thousands of players don't fill up our ranks for no reason.
As for zergs... well I don't mind'em much myself. Being a roleplayer it's nice to see that 100 people CAN make a difference, no matter how their skills or RR. Also if you've been here for a while you might've noticed most midgardians are more focused on defending their own realm than gettin RPs in Emain. Hit us with 5 fg and we'll respond with 10 fg. Sure, we don't always win but we fight back ;)
Ah well, have fun in Albion then. Sorry you judged us from a cave shammy in Emain's perspective.

Kind regards

Smid

Fledgling Freddie
Xandax said:
I, however, don't buy it is the case for newcommers.

Ok you are correct, it's not the essence of the post so I happily accept it.

The point I'm trying to make is as follows: Mids, for whatever reason, has been "taught" that zerging is lame, boring etc. etc.

I for one think that wasting playtime by waiting is by far the most boring thing you can do in any game. Mids have taken that to the extreme and albs have chosen another path. What would you choose if you were given the option ? The chance to run in a zerg and have fun or wait at tk's for a major part of a gamenight of (in my case) about 3-4 hours 2-3 times a week ?

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Smid said:
So you wan't to hear the story why Midgard suck as a realm ?

Well Midgard (on Excalibur) sucks to be a player in because it's boring, boring.....and yet more boring.

Been playing in Albion since start of daoc in Europe and had fun since day one. Thought I should try out mid so I lvl'ed a cave shammy and went to emain.

So why is it boring you ask.....

Because all you do in mid is to stand around mtk waiting for the perfect setup, after a lot of waiting the grp is "perfect" after that head out and get killed by zerg (yeah clever albs builds large zergs so every player in the realm can join the fun during primetime) after that it's just rince and repeat....port to emain, wait, wait, wait.....pefect grp formed, go out get killed by zerg.

You all know the story by now, right ?

I'm now an ex-mid (I know what some of you are thinking) not because the classes in mid are boring....it's just the attitude that's ruining the realm of Midgard.

Albion is fun to play for more or less every player, no mater what RR, Guild etc.

PS. Have you ever wondered why Albion have so many players ? Guess you got answer now, havent you ?

What you do then is to get everyone sitting and waiting at mtk to move out at the same time. There will be some perfect groups, but mostly random groups. However, in the zerg it matters less and everyone gets to play some.

To continue to believe that everyone can get a perfect group is an illusion. Aslong as there are classes not suited for a perfect group, there will be zergs. The more characters not making a perfect fit, the larger zerg. It's not the players fault, it's the people who designed the realms.

Do what you can to get some fun out of it. You will NEVER see the day when everyone can run perfect fg's.

Atleast moving out is more fun than standing still at mtk, yes? For most people, it is.

Why 'most' people should cater for the minority in a game is beyond me. Loudmouths. tsk tsk..(not directed at quote..)

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
so every player in the realm can join the fun during primetime

zerg=fun for u.

zerg = no fun for me.

zerg will not improve my personal skills in handling char, not matter what class i play.

if u prefer to be just another zergling with Zoyster as Overlord (or more likely, Cerebrate) - gl to u.

were originally trying to run as 1fg yet hibs started camping amg as 2fg+ earlier in the afternoon

last 3 days i was playing till deep night, 2.00 cet (4.00 am here in Moscow). and i have seen 4-6 fg alb zerg moving as a whole - while only 1-2 mid/hib fg were running at that time.

what's the point of alb zerging then? are u just afraid to split?...

need.
saturday, 11.00 cet. albion stealthers already move in grps of 2.
/sigh

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
alb zerg is ok
it's hib/mid zerg which pisses me off :/
at ~18-20 cet there are only mids in emain, like 100 of them

censi

Can't get enough of FH
mid is the easy mode.

The gulf in power is not just small either.

Snakester

Fledgling Freddie
Herjulf said:
Because its filled with skilless, cant do anything for themselves. whining brats.
that feel uber when they zerg 1fg enemys with 10 times the numbers, and got 2rps to show for it.
Pointing at the screen look mama, i maybe got in the last hit. ooooh yes oooh yes i did mama, are you proud?

that or its cuz it has more classes. /flip

and mid is full of twat's who think there better then everyone else. sitting at there computer screen in there pyjama's five knuckle shuffling , cos there healer managed to hit that insta fecking button.

u sir, are an arsewipe who don't know jack about anything.

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
Snakester said:
and mid is full of twat's who think there better then everyone else. sitting at there computer screen in there pyjama's five knuckle shuffling , cos there healer managed to hit that insta fecking button.

u sir, are an arsewipe who don't know jack about anything.

bullshit, many mids are like that, many hibs/albs aswell so don't even go there.
the pyjamas unemployed losers are in all realms ^^

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Ralgedi Smurf said:
There is no such thing as soloers in emain anymore, and if they really are solo the backup is rarely more then a few units away..

still fun tho allways nice to fight superior numbers :)

wish i could port to odins :)

There are probably more ppl solo than most people think. Its these people that constantly get shit on.

If they had any decency while popping SL one of them would come over instead of all 4, I understand they all got 1 hand on the keyboard and the other on their tool but they so great that shouldnt matter.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Smid said:
I for one think that wasting playtime by waiting is by far the most boring thing you can do in any game.

yeah i have to agree with that.
When i was lvling up i hated hanging around at tree's so i solo'd alot.
Now my char has never realy been sought after by grps ( Giv Friar's Loving imo :fluffle: )

So back what .. over a year ago , i used to run aroudn in odins solo or maybe a duo every now and again. I Love this Rvr .. fighting 1 vs 1 ... only the two of you can decided theoutcome of the battle.

Now i have been with teh zerg in emain a few times, but not very ofter. that was more to do with my machine giving out to me becasue of the lag ( it as a really bad puter) but now i have a good computer , but i can't be arsed with zerging4thewin. I dont' like it , so i just grp mostly with my fellow guildies and few m8's. When i RvR i like it to be fun, sure i can get steamrolled .. but as long as it doesn't ALWAYS happen i'm happy.

and All realms zerg .. jsut a different times of the day. and ofc it depends on what day it is.

anyway .. Giv Duel imo

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:
Yep. Agree 100%.

Can't believe the state to which things have degenerated. I took a break for 2 months and came back a week ago. Usual weekend DaoC for me prior to the break was logon in the morning, solo in Odins against other soloers or stealth duo/trios till 14:00 ish, half to full group roaming till log at night.

/salute to Ismail who ran solo.
/contempt for Brodia, Vipr and packs.

I know dying means you have to port back but are you really either that scared of it or so deficient in game skills that you have to zerg?

Excalibur is now finished for me till NF when I will finally join in with the zerg. Crashing the server will be more fun than Excal RvR atm.

ok so ur basing that knowledge over 1 week (1 day) experience, ofc some days are zergy and others not.

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
ok so ur basing that knowledge over 1 week (1 day) experience, ofc some days are zergy and others not.

Nope. Based on 2 identical weekends with exactly the same happening. Hibs zerging Odin's before lunchtime on a sat/sun.

Mids running a full group in HW before lunchtime on a sat/sun.

Now, if I bring Guild to Odin's on a sat morning and wipe Brodia and Co we will just simply be called zergers. It's all right for Hibs/Mids to run around outnumbering the opposition 11 to 1, but if Alb does it then Hib/Mid crys a river.

I don't like zerging. I get no pleasure from it. There is zero fun in a guaranteed win. Some obviously think otherwise.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
censi said:
yer but you dont see him running from enemies in his video.

running is much better than releasing tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom