The true story....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smid

Fledgling Freddie
So you wan't to hear the story why Midgard suck as a realm ?

Well Midgard (on Excalibur) sucks to be a player in because it's boring, boring.....and yet more boring.

Been playing in Albion since start of daoc in Europe and had fun since day one. Thought I should try out mid so I lvl'ed a cave shammy and went to emain.

So why is it boring you ask.....

Because all you do in mid is to stand around mtk waiting for the perfect setup, after a lot of waiting the grp is "perfect" after that head out and get killed by zerg (yeah clever albs builds large zergs so every player in the realm can join the fun during primetime) after that it's just rince and repeat....port to emain, wait, wait, wait.....pefect grp formed, go out get killed by zerg.

You all know the story by now, right ?

I'm now an ex-mid (I know what some of you are thinking) not because the classes in mid are boring....it's just the attitude that's ruining the realm of Midgard.

Albion is fun to play for more or less every player, no mater what RR, Guild etc.

PS. Have you ever wondered why Albion have so many players ? Guess you got answer now, havent you ?

- English -

Resident Freddy
its the only way casual players can compete with hardcore rvr guilds. - zerg

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Smid said:
PS. Have you ever wondered why Albion have so many players ? Guess you got answer now, havent you ?

No, I got it since the 2 years I've been playing daoc.

Albion :

Wizard ! Big bad boomers! The Lords Of The Elements!!
PALADINS! THE PROTECTORS OF LIGHT!
Cleric, to help your wounded realm mates or a Brother and whirl with your staff in close combat! (ze friars)
To stand at the front of combat, pick the Armsman! Masters every weapon in the game! etc
Infiltrate the enemy territories or Scout ahead for your army!

As the game is called dark age of CAMELOT (capital letters avoided intentionally, excluding camelot :p) people are generally attracted to albion on first sight.

The lore, graphics, class names, game name, all these things hint players to join albion, not hibernia or midgard.

You think albion is so much more fun and that is the reason people join that realm?

Edit: Some twinking up

Smid

Fledgling Freddie
Couldn't agree more, mid isn't fun in any way for the casual player.

I really should have kept my mouth shut about all this, now even more players will join alb and in the end there won't be a single mid left to fight.

Well except the drained elite guilds with diehard....... naah I'll rest my case and go back being an Alb and having fun playing DAOC as a (very) casual player.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
You need to have Fixed rvr grps with reguar times to meet, Then when you log on to daoc you get into action until all log of.

NF will make rvr more available for casual players, if you dont get a grp. port to the fight and zerg. easy

Smid

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
You think albion is so much more fun and that is the reason people join that realm?

RvR for the casual player is without any doubt more fun if you are playing in albion.

I think people join Albion for reasons you described, but also for the reasons I mentioned.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
It is true that you can get into rvr easier as an alb , yes, but what I listed is a big faction too.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I know what you mean about the "perfect group" waiting at pk all day, kind of frustrating, "sorry savage needed!" and my poor zerker rat left sat at home ;P

But end of the day most of those yelling lfg, roll a stealther or one of the main "perfect group" chars or get involved in guild stuff.

Smid

Fledgling Freddie
Aloca said:
You need to have Fixed rvr grps with reguar times to meet, Then when you log on to daoc you get into action until all log of.

NF will make rvr more available for casual players, if you dont get a grp. port to the fight and zerg. easy

The problem isn't getting a group (as a Shaman that is) the problem is that the group splits after a kill and then it's back to wait, wait and wait for up to an hour in worst cases and then last for 10 minutes before the group splits.

Back to wait at mtk......

Yes I'm aware that this happens in Alb as well but not by far in such extent as in mid.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Well as they say, The grass ain't always greener on the other side. But then again I think that it's hard to get the concept of a whole realm based on Emain rvr. But that might be just me ofc.

PS: Cave shammies are far better in Keep fights then open rvr.

Smid

Fledgling Freddie
Phule_Gubben said:
Well as they say, The grass ain't always greener on the other side. But then again I think that it's hard to get the concept of a whole realm based on Emain rvr. But that might be just me ofc.

PS: Cave shammies are far better in Keep fights then open rvr.

He he he I can tell by your signature that you definetily don't belong to the ranks of the casual player, but that's not the point with this repy.

The mid "attitude" towards zerg is in no way isolated to Emain, it affects the realm as a whole but it is most obvious in Emain.

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
I know what you mean about the "perfect group" waiting at pk all day, kind of frustrating, "sorry savage needed!" and my poor zerker rat left sat at home ;P

yea
duskwave says that in general zerks get twice as much rps as savages
this "we want savage" whine is sooooooooooooo last year

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
And mostly guildgroups play in Emain as there are lots of rp fodder. I'm not really a rvr freak, if i want to rvr i ask friends or guildies first of all, random groups is too boring to play in compared to what i just mentioned. And no i'm not a casual player but i do lots of other things then rvr.

Smid

Fledgling Freddie
Phule_Gubben said:
And mostly guildgroups play in Emain as there are lots of rp fodder. I'm not really a rvr freak, if i want to rvr i ask friends or guildies first of all, random groups is too boring to play in compared to what i just mentioned. And no i'm not a casual player but i do lots of other things then rvr.

I do to, do things besides rvr'ing I mean. It's just that building a zerg or counterzerg in Mid is impossible (yes I do mean impossible)

If someone yells "/bg join XxXx" at mtk in emain everyone stops breathing and hope that it will pass even though I'm sure a lot of ppl would like to build a zerg. But they don't, most people just feel uneasy for a short while and gets back to waiting.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Last 3 times I was in emain, I joined the chat group yet said nothing in it. I am an alb and the only reason people made for zerging was because they were originally trying to run as 1fg yet hibs started camping amg as 2fg+ earlier in the afternoon. Make of this statement what you will but it seems to me that yes Midgard are caught in the crossfire of hib/albs atm but to blame this solely on alb is completely ridiculous because it doesn't happen anything like the one sided story most people bring up atm.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
Last 3 times I was in emain, I joined the chat group yet said nothing in it. I am an alb and the only reason people made for zerging was because they were originally trying to run as 1fg yet hibs started camping amg as 2fg+ earlier in the afternoon. Make of this statement what you will but it seems to me that yes Midgard are caught in the crossfire of hib/albs atm but to blame this solely on alb is completely ridiculous because it doesn't happen anything like the one sided story most people bring up atm.
Agree
ignore.gif

vintervargen

Banned
yeah Realm verus Realm combat would be very fun!!11

... if daoc had some sort of population control. ever wondered why hibs/mids need a perfect setup to go emain? so we got a chance to beat more then 1FG albs since they always have friends with them.

Brilliance

Can't get enough of FH
errrr....

You join a grp with 3paladins, a scout, a lvl48 merc, 2 infils and a mincer.....

You leave atk and ofc get pwned by "overpowerded" mids or hibs.....

Then u pay a bit more attention to the /cg , stick another random grp, leave atk and F8/stick(or face) anything! and play your char!!!!!

This may be fun for you , for me its piece of shit.

I'd rather w8 at tk, or not play at all than wank and zerg around in emain, randomly sticking and doing styles on anything that looks red. Boring, pointless and believe me... a bit mindless.

Soooo, is this a matter of choice? or a matter of ignorance? oO

Allways

Fledgling Freddie
Im OK with mid tbh :) i could use some animist tho, but else its kinda fun :p

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Smid said:
RvR for the casual player is without any doubt more fun if you are playing in albion.

I think people join Albion for reasons you described, but also for the reasons I mentioned.

Unless somebody does extensive homework before playing DAoC, just after buying and installing the game - they have no way of knowing that the "end-game" of RvR will be easier as Albion.
The first time a newcommer is to select realms, you think he knows that RvR for casual players is easier in Albion because they zerg rather then build groups or what not, and *therefore* selects Albion?
I doubt it.
It could possible cause a portion to shift realm/servers after they have gotten a(or more) high level character and found more out about the game - but I doubt that it is the main attraction and I strongly doubt that it would be the initial thought when selecting realm for the first time.

Lothandar said:
<snip>
As the game is called dark age of CAMELOT (capital letters avoided intentionally, excluding camelot :p) people are generally attracted to albion on first sight.

The lore, graphics, class names, game name, all these things hint players to join albion, not hibernia or midgard.
<snip>

I think Lothandar is much more on the money in this dicussion.

Marc

FH is my second home
Albion has by far, the biggest percentage of casual players, probably due to the greater population overall. A lot of albs have to "zerg" to compete, purely because of the way the game has evolved.

If you cant handle it. FO and quit. Simple as. The clueless, random warder albs or whatever the irc pricks fotm speak is for them thesedays pay their subs just as everyone else does and can play the game how they choose. Dont blame albs for zerging, blame mythic for the way they have designed the game, and dont give me the horseshit that albs "can" compete if they make the perfect set up, yes, they can compete as the high RR debuff set ups have shown, but we arent talking about them, we are talking about the many casual gamers, who dont have the time or inclination to get to ml10 or get full toa sc. The gap between hardcore gamer and casual gamer has increased now to such a level that its silly.

Herjulf

Banned
Smid said:

Because its filled with skilless, cant do anything for themselves. whining brats.
that feel uber when they zerg 1fg enemys with 10 times the numbers, and got 2rps to show for it.
Pointing at the screen look mama, i maybe got in the last hit. ooooh yes oooh yes i did mama, are you proud?

that or its cuz it has more classes. /flip

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
old.anubis said:
yea
duskwave says that in general zerks get twice as much rps as savages
this "we want savage" whine is sooooooooooooo last year

Thats when I attempted to play a group char, I didn't say when, just that I've experienced and know what its like so don't be picky. :m00:

Prob why many only play rogues, cause at least you can go out and have fun without worrying about getting groups.

Marc

FH is my second home
Herjulf said:
Because its filled with skilless, cant do anything for themselves. whining brats.
that feel uber when they zerg 1fg enemys with 10 times the numbers, and got 2rps to show for it.
Pointing at the screen look mama, i maybe got in the last hit. ooooh yes oooh yes i did mama, are you proud?

toys well and truly thrown out of the pram. Think your teddy bear landed over there somewhere.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Herjulf said:

that or its cuz it has more classes. /flip

But a certain Skald zerging soloers is of course, completely different? :m00:

And yes, the classes idea is what the people who made the game said Herjulf. Don't know about you but when I started the game I chose a Scout, not Albion.

Trylle^nzi

Fledgling Freddie
Smid said:
So you wan't to hear the story why Midgard suck as a realm ?

Well Midgard (on Excalibur) sucks to be a player in because it's boring, boring.....and yet more boring.

Been playing in Albion since start of daoc in Europe and had fun since day one. Thought I should try out mid so I lvl'ed a cave shammy and went to emain.

So why is it boring you ask.....

Because all you do in mid is to stand around mtk waiting for the perfect setup, after a lot of waiting the grp is "perfect" after that head out and get killed by zerg (yeah clever albs builds large zergs so every player in the realm can join the fun during primetime) after that it's just rince and repeat....port to emain, wait, wait, wait.....pefect grp formed, go out get killed by zerg.

You all know the story by now, right ?

I'm now an ex-mid (I know what some of you are thinking) not because the classes in mid are boring....it's just the attitude that's ruining the realm of Midgard.

Albion is fun to play for more or less every player, no mater what RR, Guild etc.

I like that :) filled with good points. Thumbs up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom