The Thumper

X

Xtro

What do you reckon to the the Thumper?

For anyone who doesn't know its the grenade launcher that is available to people who spec Special Assault and (correct me if I'm wrong) but its common pool.

Spec Assault gives me the Decimator (handy for reaver killing), Rocket Rifle (ok against vehicles and troops (ish)) and...the Thumper that...kind of...does...nothing. I was spamming it from the top of a tower into hordes of NC last night and it seems to do very little damage.

Just me being crap (don't answer that) or is it indeed useless?

D

Deady

Hmm dunno, never tried it.

Ive had it used against me though. It didnt seem to do much to my Vanguard, but then again they wernt aiming very good with it.

C

CliffyG

I use the nades in my punisher quite a lot and find that the plasma ones get me more kills, mostly indoors. Although the thumper does fire out a full crate without reload it's just not worth the extra space it takes up cos i would still need a normal weapon with me. As to using them on armour it's just a little less futile than tryign with AP ammo, need far too many to do any damage. I'm going for special assault next but purely for the decimator.

S

Siven

Lo Xtro :)
The thumper is ok indoors for spamming areas with grens, but other than that i dont rate it.
Now the Rocklet is great imo. A round of 6 rockets to the back of a max = dead max, also does good damage to light vehicles too iirc. It's great for a quick death to infantry and great for indoors too.
As the seletcion suggests, its for"special" situations, but its better to use an assault rifle (gauss etc) for most infantry ;)

but Sniper 0wns all ;)

D

Deady

how easy is sniping in this game?

Ive never tried it.

Is it like, CS sniping...or...BF1942 sniping :p

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by Deady
how easy is sniping in this game?

Ive never tried it.

Is it like, CS sniping...or...BF1942 sniping :p

I've never tried it as such, but I've heard it's quite hard - can't compare it to CS or BF1942 as never played either.

Apparently it's a 1-clip rifle, so you have to reload each time, and you need to aim for over 1/2 second to get a clear shot, and people need to be standing still.

But then again some people seem to get on with it great and have a lot of fun, I think it's going to be about personal play style.

Not that this probably helped a whole lot :p

O

old.ivan

Fyi it takes about 10 rounds of rocklet to get a MAX down, infantry usually goes down in one burst to the legs. Pretty amazing indoors and crap outdoors. If you come up against a max with rocklet, you will most likely die due to reload time. Decimator is the ultimate AV-AM weapon bar Phoenix.

As for Thumper, chuck nades down/up stairs for effect, you might not kill them but plasma eats armour like fire eats paper. So you will be doing some decent support for your squad. And again must say that Thumper has limited use oudoors, only option is plasma rounds.

Sniper : overpowered imo, 2 shots take any infantry down. reload time may be a bother its about 2-3 seconds. Aiming is also a problem if you cant get into a relatively safe position, bullets that hit you tend to interrupt the aiming concentration. If you move about or move the rifle sideways too fast the aiming process goes back to initial stage.. have to wait for 2 seconds again. For all of you folks who want to use sniper as main weapon, i suggest 300 meter range to the target area = can leg it if enemy runs out after you. BUT theres plenty of negative aspects, being a sniper you automatically become number one target for : Stealthers, Ground vehicles that tend to run you over, Reavers... and eventually enemy snipers.

hope this clears things up a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread