Has the LLU had the desired effect?

M

MoratJG

Part of the idea behind the LLU, as i understand it, was to encourage more combat outside bases. I may have been in the wrong places but i can think of only one occasion where i have been involved in a decent "battlefield" combat situation.

I still think the CC's are the key to caps as it is easier to re-secure a base than it is to kill a carrier and then camp the LLU until it de-spawns, thus, most combat still take place in bases.

So, the question is, has it made much differance to the way bases are capped at all?

F

Faeldawn

Yes and no.

Base capping strategies have changed a lot since the LLU was implemented and a lot less time is spent in base-cap camping in general, usually leads to a few more skirmishes outside of bases for sure.

Problem is that the zerg still reigns supreme and base defending is not a popular passtime, but when Outfit Claimable Bases are implemented this should sort this out.

S

SilverHood

i can imagine some big shot outfit claiming Gunuku and watching hell break loose all around them :)

P

[PS]Nova

Remember the way it works is that the "outside" bases on any one continent must be claimed first, before the inner ones can be claimed, so I can see a waiting game ensuing, where all the big outfits are waiting for the outer bases to be claimed on a continent so that they can get the "good" ones which are in the middle of the continent (like Gunuku or any dropship center).

S

Stonebits

What I find annoying is when the Zerg moves onto another contenent.....

Last night on Solsar, The TR zerg was unstopable.... it pushed us all the way back to our warpgate.....

Then it disapeared....

They had their XP, and there was no reason to stay around and defend all the bases they had taken.....

I started attacking back, with a good few NC, and there was the odd one or two TR wandering around but that was it.... we took back the first base with hardly any resistance, and the the other bases started to follow....

What annoys me is that we had spent whole evening defending our bases, and got no 'reward' as such.... then when we hit back.... they buggered off.....

They need to sort out the XP system.....

But the LLU, i like it..... makes it a bit different, expecially if you are a reaver pilot and want to play chase the yellow blip....

Ive had a few battles where the LLU has dropped in open ground and the NC army has set up camp around it.... made it quite a laugh....

</turn off random wibble mode>

D

Deadmanwalking

Chasing an LLU can be hilarious. Last night on hossin, voltan llu is off and running so i decide we should block the bridges needed to get out. He was a damn VS and had a Thresher :( ATV to the rescue!!

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking.
Chasing an LLU can be hilarious. Last night on hossin, voltan llu is off and running so i decide we should block the bridges needed to get out. He was a damn VS and had a Thresher :( ATV to the rescue!!

Haha yea I remember the first LLU cap I did the day of release, picked up the carrier in my deliverer and sped off to find an NC held and mined bridge.

I just dove off the edge then used the bridge as cover, driving under it. Job's a good un. I can imagine all these NC stood on the bridge going "WTF?? The LLU is supposed to be on the bridge!"

Deliver is imo the best method of transporting LLUs.

M

mid_Efour

yeah had a good one on cyssor wasnt many vehicles but just troops and maxs. Was real movie style stuff i had my sniper rifle i would surge at one guy and gauss him, then calmy crouch and snipe another all while advancing for the dropped LLU.

like a freaking Nam film mannnnn.

D

Deadmanwalking

You are implieing they actually killed anything half as effectively as that in vietnam :p

S

Stonebits

Bring on the Liberator Napalm upgrade.... :D

Users who are viewing this thread