The thread of useless facts you never thought you wanted to know!

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Jai13 said:
1. an iceberg contains more heat than a lit match

2.you would need to ride a plane every day for 52 years before you would statically be in 2 plane crashes

1. - Ever tried lighting a candle with an iceberg?

2. - There must be a fair chance that you would not be in a 2nd plane crash tbh....

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
heat isnt just something you feel like or you can see on fire. heat is the vibration of atoms, but its not always something your going to feel.

now if you didnt realise, an ice berg is many times larger than a match head. even a cup of boiling water holds less heat than an iceberg. an a cup of boiling water is 100oC.

you should understand the concept of heat first :p

tris-

ah sweet someone else bumped it! nowi can post another fact -

the bang that bloons make when popped is caused by a sonic boom.

Gamah

Banned
tris- said:
ah sweet someone else bumped it! nowi can post another fact -

the bang that bloons make when popped is caused by a sonic boom.

You, my friend are full of useless shite :D

tris-

someone needs to know these things dont they!

some of the topics crop up in pub talks with one of the only educated people i know.

in particular the sonic boom caused by a balloon/bloon what ever the fuck it is.

tris-

i would just like to note : all facts i have posted have been retrieved from my brain and NOT google.

outlander, one of these sonny jim, one of these days...

Outlander

Part of the furniture
if when you sneezed you held it all in, then your head would explode.

tis true I tell yas! :cheers:

tris-

LIES!

but you are likely to rupture a blood vessel somewhere.

tris-

another one for you.

acid + bleach > chlorine gas

so if your toilet is full of bleach and you got for a piss, you will releae chlorine gas! and depending how concentrated your piss is, determines how much gas is given off.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
tris- said:
heat isnt just something you feel like or you can see on fire. heat is the vibration of atoms, but its not always something your going to feel.

now if you didnt realise, an ice berg is many times larger than a match head. even a cup of boiling water holds less heat than an iceberg. an a cup of boiling water is 100oC.

I fully understand the concept of heat, yet have spent the last day whacking ice cubes against candles, cigs, sambuca, petrol n all types of shit that burns....not even a spark tbh... and everything just got wet not warm...

If ice was that hot - why do eskimo's not wear shorts n sandals?

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
evzy said:
I fully understand the concept of heat, yet have spent the last day whacking ice cubes against candles, cigs, sambuca, petrol n all types of shit that burns....not even a spark tbh... and everything just got wet not warm...

Because the heat is spread across the ice, that doesen't mean one little part of it is hot. There's just lots of thermic(how is that spelled?) energy in it, because of it's size. Maybe I'm wrong, but was a good guess :p

tris-

evzy said:

well if you truley dont believe me then i dont know what to say.

if you think you should be able to light a candle with an object just because it contains heat, well i really am unsure if you do understand the concept.

an iceberg contains more heat than a cup of boiling water at 100oC. that is a fact, regardless if you are able to do it your self at home.
and also, an icecube is a lot smaller than an iceberg. i dont know how much heat an icecube contains, but it certainly will not be the same as an iceberg.

tell me, what luck do you have lighting a candle with boiling water? i would pose the idea that you would have no luck. regardless of that though, i would like you to try it out.

you wont be succesful, but will you say the boiling water contains no heat?

how could you possibly say a cup of boiling water contains no heat because it doesnt light a candle?

YOU SIR, ARE OVER RULED!

case closed.

tasslehoff, you are pretty close to being correct. because of its size, it contains a lot of heat. and also the energy needed to keep it in ice form, it was to be unleashed it would be pretty fucking hot.
well, not as simple as that to say it would become a hot object. but the actual energy that is there, and people like to say energy is heat. so i hope you understand this, and i have educated at least one person!

tris-

another fact - high levels of sound pressure can cause death to humans!

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
tris- said:
an iceberg contains more heat than a cup of boiling water at 100oC.

When I want a nice hot cup of coffee - I don't use ice tbh....

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
TBH this ice is hotter than a dragons fart is one of those urban myth type things that once people realise it can't be true, it will simply disprove science - same as boats made of metal that float - as soon as people realise this is actually a load of bollox - they will all sink!!

I know all about this displacement of water nonsense but if I drop a pin in the ocean - it sinks every time !!!! I rest mah case yo honour!!!

Simemir

Fledgling Freddie
Outlander said:
if when you sneezed you held it all in, then your head would explode.

tis true I tell yas! :cheers:

If you sneeze and managed to keep your eyes open, they would pop out with the pressure !!

tris-

evzy said:
When I want a nice hot cup of coffee - I don't use ice tbh....

you say ice contains no thermal energy because you cant light a candle.

try light a candle with boiling water straight from the ketal. does it light? no it doesnt. does the water contain thermal energy? yes it does, but according to you if it doesnt light a candle then it cant contain thermal energy!

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
The blind cavefish is born with eyes, but they fall off as the fish grows.

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
tris- said:

This true.. you can get burn marks from ice.. (if cold enough)

and you can make 1 Liter of icecream in 17 secs.. with that kind of ice aswell..

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
Got another!.

The Liger or Tigon (Tiger/Lion hybrid!) will not stop growing until it's death. They average around 9ft in height, and continue to grow due to the growth hormones constantly being set to overdrive. Once they get so big they die because their circulatory system is unable to cope with the massive demands of such an animal.

Shame really, they're pretty cool :(

This is a pretty small one; http://www.hybridacademy.com/images/ligerkrf.jpg

In tigers, the fathers contribute the genes that limit growth. In lions,
the mothers contribute the genes that limit growth. When you take
a female tiger, and a male lion, the offspring (liger) have no genes
to regulate how big they get. They just keep growing their whole lives.

On the other hand, a tiger father and a lion mother will make a tigon.
Tigons are much smaller than their lion and tiger parents because they
have two sets of growth limiting genes.

;) Half true, So i found out... /worship Gogle :)

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Still doesn't explain tbh how I can go into starbucks and if I order a iced latte or something - it always comes out cold...... answer that then thermal energy boi!!

tris-

well i think you need to answer my questions.
i know im right, and you dont believe me.

yes or no - have you been succesful in lighting a candle with boiling water?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
evzy said:
Still doesn't explain tbh how I can go into starbucks and if I order a iced latte or something - it always comes out cold...... answer that then thermal energy boi!!

Well they don't use f*cking icebergs as coffee machines nowdo they? :D

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
evzy said:

beacuse... funnily enough... there isnt as much ice in an iced latte as in an Iceberg....

for your reference...

An Iced Latte....

iced-latte-mug.jpg

An Iceberg...

iceberg.jpg

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Anyone else get scared of that iceberg picture...i was when i saw it the first time.

I've always had thisthing about deep waters and what is beneath.

Like, swimming in a cruise ship and thinking, what the hell is under there in those dark waters....

If i'm in a ground pool, nothing. A lake? No biggie. A big ass ocean? ....mama.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Heart disease may be the new leading cause of death in women age 45 to 65, but Chuck Norris is still the leading cause of death in men age 0 to 90

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom