The thread of useless facts you never thought you wanted to know!

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Gorilla's have unique nose prints just as humans have unique fingerprints.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Oooo heres a good one

Since 1927, TIME Magazine has chosen a man, woman, or idea that "for better or worse, has most influenced events in the preceding year."
The 1939 winner was Adolf Hitler and the following year was Joseph Stalin.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Polar Bears are left handed.

Star fish don't have brains.

Vlad is female irl.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Vladamir said:
Got another!.

The Liger or Tigon (Tiger/Lion hybrid!) will not stop growing until it's death. They average around 9ft in height, and continue to grow due to the growth hormones constantly being set to overdrive. Once they get so big they die because their circulatory system is unable to cope with the massive demands of such an animal.

Shame really, they're pretty cool :(

This is a pretty small one; http://www.hybridacademy.com/images/ligerkrf.jpg

Tigons actually do not have this problem, as they are Male Tiger/Female Lion hybrids. Whereas Ligers are Female Tiger/Male Lion. The growth hormone comes from the male lion, it is thought that this gene is needed in lions due to their heirarchial structure within the pride, where as since Tigers do not travel in groups they do not need this hormone.

All Tigons/Ligers are presumed infertile at birth, though there have been cases of fertile Tigons/Ligons that have bread with Tigers/Lions. Their offspring are known as Ti-Tigons/Li-Ligers/Ti-Liongs/Li-Tigons :p

There have been a few known cases of Lions/Tigers mating in the wild but it is extremely rare. In captivity they are coerced into mating by spraying the female with the sent of the species that the male is of.

I am not making this up :p Its on wikipedia, read it a couple of weeks ago coincidently!

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
I'm delighted the Newcastle hav sacked that absolutly useless manager =).

In an attempt o wak you up your brain maks your heart pump faster, however if your male , this leaves you with your Morning Wood =).

I need a smoke , but i can't go for one untill somone else logs onto the phones :(

I'm going to a strip bar toight =) \o/

Tilda

My friend said she prefered me as a friend because we have a good laugh together (which is true), I'm ok with that, but cuddles and a laugh would have been better :p

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
My friend said she prefered me as a friend because we have a good laugh together (which is true), I'm ok with that, but cuddles and a laugh would have been better :p

The friend zone sucks :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Its perfectly legal to have sex with a corpse provided its within 10 minutes of their death.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Lamp said:
Its perfectly legal to have sex with a corpse provided its within 10 minutes of their death.

Thats scary :( who whould wanna fuck someone who just died infront of you?

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:

LJBF 4 letters that make all man just go "Ahh f00k".

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
3 more totally useless facts...

A cat has 32 muscles in each ear
Cola was originally green
Tigers have stripped skin, not just stripped fur

Ezteq

Queen of OT
-there is a tiny kind of fly that lives in the african fig called the fig fly, the females go in to the fig through a tiiny opening and lay eggs, however there are 2 species alive in this fig the fly and the nematoad the nematoads are parasitic and enter the female flies so that they can go from fig to fig.

When the female hatches she gets impregnated by a male then sets off to another fig (after unknowingly getting nematoaded) the opening to the fig is so small that as the female enters it it rips her wings off and literally busts her gut, so she enters the fig practically dead lays her eggs then the nematodas sence she is almost dead and burst out from her body then they go and infect the eggs she has just laid.

when the eggs hatch the males can impregnate the females without even leaving their own eg they semi hatch but in order to save energy then just lay in the egg and let their willies go a walkin' the females get impregnated and fly off to find another fig tree and the whole cycle starts over.

-Koalas have fingerprints which are practically indistinguishable from humans so in australia the police have been known to hunt down someone from a murder scene based on a set of koala prints.

-when its scared an octopus will change its shape/colour and float away. There was one particualr form that baffalled scientists for ages, it turned out the octopus was mimicing a coconut.

-the earth is actually an oblate sphereoid, which means its slightly flatter at the top and bottom.

-my father made me memorise the oblate sphereoid fact when i was in primary school.

-a giraffe has the same amount of neck bones as a person (theyre just bigger).

[disclaimer: all these facts are things i've picked up over the years, some of them may be a bit dusty but to the best of my knowledge they are all true]

Jai13

Fledgling Freddie
90% of women turn right as soon as they enter a department store

Elvis failed his high school music test :O

an iceberg contains more heat than a lit match

10% of all the salt mined in a year is used to de-ice USAs roads in winter

you share your birthday with at least 9 millionj other people in the world

the closest thing to blood chemically is salt water

you would need to ride a plane every day for 52 years before you would statically be in 2 plane crashes

your 57 times more likley to be murdered than win ANYTHING on the lottery

(have more but cba to type)

Jai13

Fledgling Freddie
Dakkath said:
Cola was originally green
if you mean coca cola then your wrong btw it has always been red but St Nick was green and they chamged him to make a gimmick out of it and it stuck

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Jai13 said:
if you mean coca cola then your wrong btw it has always been red but St Nick was green and they chamged him to make a gimmick out of it and it stuck

What I actually meant was that the fluid/drink itself was allegedly green (although there are some who dispute this) not the can...

Anyway, seeing as that fact was questioned I feel the need to post a few more... Lucky you!!!

Adults produce between 200mls - 2 litres of fart per day

All these have been used to make condoms through history:
Linen, tortoiseshell, leather, silk, sheep gut.

The longest recorded flight of a chicken is 13 seconds

The cigarette lighter was invented before the match

It's possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs

The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is copyrightable.

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

Tilda

I'm not going out tonight because its too cold. :(

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
my nose began to bleed when I took the last bite of my McChicken this afternoon :(

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
A tear from chuck norris can cure cancer.. its just a shame, that he has never cried before..

Jai13

Fledgling Freddie
Dakkath said:
The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is copyrightable.
learn to count :p thats only 13 letters and the right one is UNcopyrightable
and now i feel i need to be best (yes i know i'm immature but hey what do i care :p)

American Airline saved over $10 million by removing just one olive from each first class salad
A mule won't sink in quicksand
the cracks from glass when it breaks move at upto 3,000 miles/hour
Alligators can't move backwards
beer foam will go down will go down if ou lick your finger and put it in the beer
there are 2 million combos of sandwhichs availible from subway
some toothpastes contain antifreeze
honey is sometimes used as a centre for golf balls
on average americans eat 18 arces of pizza each day
octopuses will eat there own legs if hungary enough

thats enough for now tbh

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
the bubbles in guiness have been scientifically proven to SINK compared to bubbles in all other beers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom