The thread of useless facts you never thought you wanted to know!

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
Basic_X said:
Heart disease may be the new leading cause of death in women age 45 to 65, but Chuck Norris is still the leading cause of death in men age 0 to 90

When Chuck Norris goes to donate blood, he declines the syringe, and instead requests a handgun and a bucket.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
tris- said:
well i think you need to answer my questions.
i know im right, and you dont believe me.

yes or no - have you been succesful in lighting a candle with boiling water?

Yes

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
old.Tohtori said:
Well they don't use f*cking icebergs as coffee machines nowdo they? :D

That is my point exactly - cause its too fecking cold !!!!!!!

Can anyone tell me the last time they had a nice hot cup of ice????

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
evzy said:

you dont get it do you? the ice can get so cold, that you get burns from it.. if you touch it that is.. ;)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
evzy said:

lol, i know that you meant to type no but somehow yes came out.

im finally glad you agree with me.

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
evzy said:

nobody is saying there is more heat in ice in general...

An ice berg.... HUGE.... and cold... as the heat that is in it is spread out through the entire iceberg....

A cup of 100oC water has less heat then in the entire iceberg but it is concentrated in a small areas so....

Bah! i give up neveer mind.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Yes ...erm No... erm Maybe??

Whatever dude.. ice is like coooold... Never seen an icecube in me kettle after I boiled it tbh...

(wonder how long I can keep this going ;) )

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Actually it's not cold anymore. Since the absolute zero point in temperature iswhat...72.9 or something? But when you go BELOW that even, like they did at RAT, it turns out to be the hottest thing that walked through the lab since thepizza girl came in on june 15th.

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
old.Tohtori said:
If i'm in a ground pool, nothing. A lake? No biggie. A big ass ocean? ....mama.
Oh god yes. It's so horrible swimming in an ocean. :(
old-Tohtori said:
Actually it's not cold anymore. Since the absolute zero point in temperature iswhat...72.9 or something? But when you go BELOW that even, like they did at RAT, it turns out to be the hottest thing that walked through the lab since thepizza girl came in on june 15th.
-270 C or something, I can't remember exactly, but it's freaking cold. :p

And to evzy if you're actually that retarded and not playing: An iceberg contains more heat due to it's size, it doesn't meant it's warmer but it got more heat in total across the mass of the iceberg(which is fking huge =O) than a small cup of water.

...or something. :D

tris-

-273 centigrade i think. absolute 0 on the kelvin scale.

no one has yet managed to create absolute 0 though.

evzy said:
(wonder how long I can keep this going ;) )

not very long tbh, i sussed you after your first post about it :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Eva said:
-270 C or something, I

Ah yes, 70 something wasthe worldrecord in natural cool.

Well, anyway they went's under that.

tris- said:
-273 centigrade i think. absolute 0 on the kelvin scale.

no one has yet managed to create absolute 0 though.

Yeah, they did.If i can just find the article.

Jai13

Fledgling Freddie
my god my post caused a flame war :clap:
and iirc some russian got absolute 0 on kelvin then died from frostbite or summet bout 5 years ago not 100% though
ok your post just fucked mine over
oh well

tris-

Absolute zero is a fundamental lower bound on the temperature of any macroscopic system. It is approximately -273.15 degrees Celsius. It is unachievable in practice but it exists as a limit for real physical phenomena, and it was inferred by extrapolation from kinetic theory, and from other considerations in theoretical physics

also the chemistry doctor at uni told us this.

tris-

also a bit more
ABSOLUTE ZERO?

Unfortunately we are unable to reach absolute zero itself. It is forbidden by the third law of thermodynamics. In practice, though, it is often the heat input from the outside world (or "heat leak") into an experiment which prevents further cooling. In the low temperature limit, all heat capacities C go to zero so that for a heat energy input Q the temperature rise dT = Q/C becomes increasingly large. Even absorbed cosmic rays can produce a significant heat leak.

notice, it is forbidden by the very laws we work with in science. so i am not saying you are lieing Mr Tohtori, but that your article is either bogus or a detail has been missed.

one last bit

The atoms have cooled. Temperatures as low as 20 nK (a "nanokelvin" is 10-9 K) have recently been produced in a group of some 2000 rubidium atoms (Rb, chosen for its optical and magnetic properties). This is the lowest kinetic temperature ever achieved.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
In Wyoming it is illegal to take a picture of a rabbit from January to April without an official permit.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Its legal to shoot a Welshman with a crossbow within the city of Chester after sunset....

Local byelaw..will not help you in court when your up for murder :p

Bluevixen

Fledgling Freddie
You probably all know this but :-

Now you are sitting at your computer, move your leg in a circle clockwise.

Continue moving you leg around clockwise and then try to move your arm
around anticlockwise.

You can't :twak:

Tilda

evzy, get a grip, I suggest you go back to gcse/Alevel science classes.

Side fact, I signed my name on the rose I'm sending to someone on the 14th! :eek:

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
evzy, get a grip, I suggest you go back to gcse/Alevel science classes.

Side fact, I signed my name on the rose I'm sending to someone on the 14th! :eek:

tilda...for you and the person who thinks I may be retarded (maybe but wtf has that got to do with the price of fish)

If either of you bothered to read the last page you may have noticed - which you obviously never - my last post - in brackets - to quote myself "(wonder how I long I can keep this going)* I was messing about, having some fun, whatever you want to call it - was entertaining whilst it lasted though if you care to note, I didnt really carry it on all that long, and it did open up some rather interesting facts about Ice/Water etc...

Seriously... O-T ...If you can't spam and have a laugh here....what is left????

p.s

Still haven't had a hot cup of ice ;)

Tilda

Its ruining the thread imo.
I was reading it to see interesting facts, it sucks to have every other post from you harping on about how you dont have hot iced tea. If your body temperature had evolved to be -50, then iced tea would be very hot! :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Tilda said:

...hopeyoudidn'tuseoneofthose alcoholbase markers, or some nuttingthat will kill the rose A: Before sending. B: Upon arrival. C: Day after arrival.

Then again, it's the memory.Roses just don'tlike sniffing paint.

Oh and to you wanna be amores out there, when you place the rose in a water tank (those tiny chihuahua condom looking things with that liquid stuff in it), cut the rose stem like / not like - ....it'll absorb more and last longer.

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Bluevixen said:
You probably all know this but :-

Now you are sitting at your computer, move your leg in a circle clockwise.

Continue moving you leg around clockwise and then try to move your arm
around anticlockwise.

You can't :twak:
Must be doing something wrong, can move my left arm anti clockwise perfectly when moving my right leg clockwise. =O

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
Its ruining the thread imo.
I was reading it to see interesting facts, it sucks to have every other post from you harping on about how you dont have hot iced tea. If your body temperature had evolved to be -50, then iced tea would be very hot! :D

Well thats fine then, would rather you just pointed out my lack of evolution rather than point out my lack of schooling......its not my fault I can't read or write. :twak:

OK I shall educate you with a useless fact :

People who say it is impossible to lick your own elbow are lying, it is possible, though not all people can achieve this.

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
Eva said:
Must be doing something wrong, can move my left arm anti clockwise perfectly when moving my right leg clockwise. =O
if you move your right leg clockwise try to move your right arm counterclockwise, you'll see that that won't work.. because most people have their right nerves "connected" and their left nerves "connected", but there are people who has their right arm connected to their left leg, and left arm to right leg.

tris-

i think its good that he pretended not to know. he has brought about points that people may of wonderd and didnt want to ask.

and plus, i like to show how much i know about stuff. this was a perfect chance :D

Tilda

I want to know if all the athletes at the olympic village use it as an excuse to have loads of sex with people from other countries, or if they cant because of events etc.

Part of me wishes i'd kept on skiing :(

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth!

Each spring every oyster gets to change its gender.

In other news, I really want that iced latte :(

Tilda

I feel down at the moment because I cba to go out, and none of my friends are going out, but am acctually quite up for going out :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom