The State of RvR Discussions

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Eeben said:
what did he say wrong? its really the same when pip said using irc is the same as cheating to rr11?

nope,

pip was talking about what he thought IRC was about

Jimmi was insulting pip.

Which one do you think counts as "personal attacks" ?

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
nope,

Jimmi was insulting pip.

why is : instead you just leech your way thru the RR' a "personal attack" ?
How do you know if it was ment in a good way?
also that was jsut he jimmi's thought about pip? like pip's thought was ppl that use irc is cheating..

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Eeben said:
why is : instead you just leech your way thru the RR' a "personal attack" ?
How do you know if it was ment in a good way?
also that was jsut he jimmi's thought about pip? like pip's thought was ppl that use irc is cheating..

Yeah I'm really really sure he meant that leeching was a good thing and the use of the :puke: smilie just confirmed that! It's all happy flowers and I can feel the warmth emanating from Jimmi's post showing that he's just so happy to be sharing a forum and playing daoc with mr Pip.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:
nope,

Jimmi was insulting pip.

ffs Film, i insulted Pip much better than jimmi did and do i get recognition, do i fook!!!

nerf my extreme subtlety......

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Ging said:
ffs Film, i insulted Pip much better than jimmi did and do i get recognition, do i fook!!!

nerf my extreme subtlety......

yeah but you didn't use the big blue vomiting hug smilie ;)

ok so 79 posts in not 80 :)

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
allways found the FH politics weird , if i play a game , lets say diplomacy , or chess , or mario brothers or any game really , the important thing is not only if the game mechanics works and are fairly balanced , but also the way the other players play the game.

the best game in the world is still no fun to play if your fellowplayers are not worth playing it with , now i do realize that that we can't aggree on what is fun , but to censor the discussion isnt the solution.

maybe part of reason of decline in interesting reading is due to board rules , why wouldnt people use other means of communication where all parts of the game are allowed to be discussed ?

Dorimor1

Banned
Aoln said:
Hahaha my postcount and rep got reset for my post in this thread, good work fulfilling everything i thought about mods being true xDDDD

Actually this is why you got it reset.

:(

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Calling someone an ass is kinda a personal attack aswell if you gonna look at it that way ;)

Ging

Part of the furniture
xxManiacxx said:
Calling someone an ass is kinda a personal attack aswell if you gonna look at it that way ;)

its depends if u like ass's, personally im a big fan of ass's - so as Einstein once said - its all relative :)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Ging said:
its depends if u like ass's, personally im a big fan of ass's - so as Einstein once said - its all relative :)

True and maybe some ppl like the :puke: smilie aswell :D

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
original GOA forums > BW > old FH > current FH

at the moment its definitely the worst its ever been :( but the switch to FH was also pretty nasty for enjoyment of the forums. ive never agreed with the moderator methods on this forum even if i like the moderators. imo people should be allowed to face off against each other on the rvr forums as they do in game (as long as its not too personal). let people flame.

"OMFG YOU ADDED ON ME!" or
"FAO: bloke omGz u killed me haxxor!"

the problem is Flim, these, along with the random threads you lock as spam, are what used to make the forum fun. what else is unfortunate is that almost always the people who want to be moderators should not be :(

Vladamir

FH is my second home
xxManiacxx said:
True and maybe some ppl like the :puke: smilie aswell :D

Puking rox fyi!. Best way to sober up quick after a night on the piss :D

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

Can we attack a group of people through one statement now, but a single person isn't allowed? :)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Vladamir said:

I usually go for some warm cola and cold pizza myself though :)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
nope,

Jimmi was insulting pip.

Or you could see it like that he called everyone on IRC a cheater. Which is an attack, not to a person but to an entire community ;)

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Vladamir said:

Pff ..come to Ireland ..we dont DO sober :p

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
Yeah I'm really really sure he meant that leeching was a good thing and the use of the :puke: smilie just confirmed that! It's all happy flowers and I can feel the warmth emanating from Jimmi's post showing that he's just so happy to be sharing a forum and playing daoc with mr Pip.

but surely people should be allowed to post their own opinions? I share this forum with pip, it doesn't mean I like that or even like him. If I cba to post in a grats thread of his it would be something along the lines of 'leeching to rrX isn't an achievement' .. etc.

Some people do play like that, not everyone likes that and what I really dislike about this forum at the moment is the way everyone is having to be forced to like how others play, any kind of criticsm is just dealt with a ban. Now if Jimmi got banned for what he said you really are being idiots because he's entitled to his own view of pips playstyle, its not exactly offensive, hes not going OMG DIE IRL YOU FU**ING NAZI or anything.

I think you have to start taking into account that not everyone lives in this fluffy little world where everyone loves each other, a bit of inter realm hatred does noone any harm so long as it doesn't get taken too far. The current mod level is ott.

Hrymf

Fledgling Freddie
Agree on most of what you say Ethild, though im willing to go a bit further and say its not really just the rules, because if the mods wanted, they could make a nice cummunity here and read the rules a bit different so they did not have to ban or lock every 2nd thread there is, its really up to the mods how they read rules and force them upon the rest of us.
Flim have proved to me he have no clue about how daoc works and know absolutely nothing about ingame, since not long ago i got a nice ban with a argument which made absolute no sense.
So im more than willing to say Flim is a obvious fault in the current FH, and this is my opinion ofcourse, which is in no way an attack on Flim, but just the utter bad modding skills.

Baron

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for supplying us with a Forum that allows us to chat with and abuse each other as well as find and leave important info
It must be a tough, boring and time consuming job to read through a lot of the mindless dross that's often posted here.
Keep up the great work Mods as there are a lot of player who appreciate the effort you guys go to :)

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief said:
but surely people should be allowed to post their own opinions? I share this forum with pip, it doesn't mean I like that or even like him. If I cba to post in a grats thread of his it would be something along the lines of 'leeching to rrX isn't an achievement' .. etc.

Some people do play like that, not everyone likes that and what I really dislike about this forum at the moment is the way everyone is having to be forced to like how others play, any kind of criticsm is just dealt with a ban. Now if Jimmi got banned for what he said you really are being idiots because he's entitled to his own view of pips playstyle, its not exactly offensive, hes not going OMG DIE IRL YOU FU**ING NAZI or anything.

I think you have to start taking into account that not everyone lives in this fluffy little world where everyone loves each other, a bit of inter realm hatred does noone any harm so long as it doesn't get taken too far. The current mod level is ott.

I think after seeing 10000 threads with all the hate, the modds and a fair share of FH is tired of seeing that since it doesnt lead to anything. if the point is letting some frustration out dot it somewhere else as the modds clearly stated that is not the idea of the forum. If you cant refrain to have a discussion without personal attacks then maybe you shouldnt be alowed on a discussion forum? and if that is what some think..grow some backbone and do it face to face....or through some other channel:) spamming it in all threads possible to get back at a random player for adding on crau bridge one week before is just so redicoulus so it makes my head hurt:p and is not any input in the current discussions(if its not indeed about adding).

Hrymf

Fledgling Freddie
ebenezer said:
I think after seeing 10000 threads with all the hate, the modds and a fair share of FH is tired of seeing that since it doesnt lead to anything. if the point is letting some frustration out dot it somewhere else as the modds clearly stated that is not the idea of the forum. If you cant refrain to have a discussion without personal attacks then maybe you shouldnt be alowed on a discussion forum? and if that is what some think..grow some backbone and do it face to face....or through some other channel:) spamming it in all threads possible to get back at a random player for adding on crau bridge one week before is just so redicoulus so it makes my head hurt:p and is not any input in the current discussions(if its not indeed about adding).

Obviously you did not read fuck all of what Bigchief actually said, he stated opinions which had something to do with ingame, and not personal attacks should be allowed, even if its disagreeing with someone or even a mod.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Hrymf said:
Obviously you did not read fuck all of what Bigchief actually said, he stated opinions which had something to do with ingame, and not personal attacks should be allowed, even if its disagreeing with someone or even a mod.

avtually i read it again...and he clearly didnt agree with how the modds are working now. So my view about that still stands:) he is saying that we arent living in a fluffy world and a lil in realm hate is good.....so i think my point against that was kinda valid:p

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
bigchief said:

I think you have to start taking into account that not everyone lives in this fluffy little world where everyone loves each other, a bit of inter realm hatred does noone any harm so long as it doesn't get taken too far. The current
mod level is ott.

I do and I dont agree ..

I think it was a harsh for the ban and that comment is actually fine really ..its a standard one liner 'dig' at someone and it wasnt overly offensive but the fact that it was used in a gratz thread is the reason it got the ban ..

if u have nothing good to say about someone on a thread dedicated to them by other people who do have something good to say then u shouldnt post there .

if we had as I suggested ..a player to player forum section Jimmeh could Fao:xyz listen m8 ..its getting a bit annoying u always leeching me etc etc ..next time u see me plix wait and maybe we have a duel etc .

But flaming in gratz threads ? thats where u shouldnt post tbh ..u post gratz or nothing ..same for warlock vamp threads..it should be gratz or nothing ..not posting ''Oh no gratz for joo because ure a warlock'' ...why bother posting it then other than to seek attention ?

anyway ..strayed a good bit ..what I meant was ..had it been in a normal thread it might not have got the banstick but cause it was a personal gratz thread he should have held is tongue so to speak .

If anyone cares for my opinion :p Im at work ..its quiet today..sorry.:(

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
bigchief said:

You really think anyone could moderate this forum for a couple of years and think that everyone loves each other?

heh ;) I know I'm an optimist at times but really ;)

I'm not about to ban/lock every thread because someone went "you suck!" However when it turns e.g. a discussion about the moderation on a forum into epeenA vs epeenB demonstrating their favourite swear words/witty insults at each other it gets a bit annoying.

We have forum rules, one of which is "don't whine about adds" - I'd agree I am being fairly heavy handed on this particular rule. That's intentional and it's in response to every grats thread on this forum for at least a fortnight before I did being filled with really quite hideous and nasty personal attacks, all starting with "omgz well added meightors!"

There's really not much worth left in a thread once it's deteriorated into people calling each other retards over how they misspell things or play the game - it might well have started out as a reasonable thread on game balance etc. but it sure isn't by the end.

If you do see a thread locked and think "hrm that's a bit mean" I'm happy to discuss individual threads via PMs and even unlock them at times.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Hrymf said:
Agree on most of what you say Ethild, though im willing to go a bit further and say its not really just the rules, because if the mods wanted, they could make a nice cummunity here and read the rules a bit different so they did not have to ban or lock every 2nd thread there is, its really up to the mods how they read rules and force them upon the rest of us.
Flim have proved to me he have no clue about how daoc works and know absolutely nothing about ingame, since not long ago i got a nice ban with a argument which made absolute no sense.
So im more than willing to say Flim is a obvious fault in the current FH, and this is my opinion ofcourse, which is in no way an attack on Flim, but just the utter bad modding skills.

If you have some suggestions other than "omfgz mods suck!" (in not so many words) as to how to make a "nice community" I'm all ears.

I'd like to know how I proved I have no clue about how daoc works btw :)

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
Just read through an old thread, and atleast half the posters in it are, at this moment of time banned. The sad thing is, it was them who made these forums worth reading. You keep being such a dickhead about things Flim, and there wont be any DAoC forums left for you to play Deity on.

pip

Banned
CstasY said:
Just read through an old thread, and atleast half the posters in it are, at this moment of time banned. The sad thing is, it was them who made these forums worth reading. You keep being such a dickhead about things Flim, and there wont be any DAoC forums left for you to play Deity on.
Nah if he keeps it up forums will be full of nice people not kids with a attidude

people may say same thing in a pub where you drink about drug dealers clear out the idiots you will fill it again with more people that are nice imo

there fore your takings will go up and you will have more nice people to drink with rather than a load of junkies

ps not suggesting these people are junkies ofc :sex:

Hrymf

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
If you have some suggestions other than "omfgz mods suck!" (in not so many words) as to how to make a "nice community" I'm all ears.

I'd like to know how I proved I have no clue about how daoc works btw :)

Firstly because you have no idea of who i am, yet you went with an argument for the ban, that fitted a random char in my sig, which obviously made no sense as i have not played that char for over a year.

And maybe you should try something more mature than "omfgz mods suck!", i actually take that as a directed insult towards me, because i went and wrote something related to the thread, and i shared my opinion, and once again you show your arrogance at a person who disagree with you, by insulting me.

As for the cummunity part, the only real advice i would give is try listen to us players, keep an eye on whats going on, some players may want to complain about an add ingame in a more mature way, an example would be that some players ingame are known for their fairness, their soloing and such, and if you one day get zerged by that person, you might wanna ask him why or make an debate concerning why he suddenly have switched playing style.

Instead of instant banning and locking the thread, try look at it first, and maybe delete that 1 or 2 posts that seem to bad.

Many people have before stated that we are all entitled to our opinion, but right now it seems like we arent entitled to anything unless Flim agree on it, and alot of people dont feel like maybe showing their concern for a frustrating ingame situation, because they know they are gonna get banned a week to have a word like "nazi" in a thread.

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
pip said:
people may say same thing in a pub where you drink about drug dealers clear out the idiots you will fill it again with more people that are nice imo

Sorry but I can't understand a word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom