The State of RvR Discussions

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think its the moderators fault that people don't have anything to discuss about RvR.

But there are two big problems going on behind the scenes.

a) If people want to say something to another player or discuss tactics etc, they tend to do it on IRC now.

b) If you have something to say to another play or group of players, and try to make anything similer to a FAO thread you'll get flamed for it and locked. So whats the point trying to discuss a fight thats happend?

duact

Fledgling Freddie
agree with your post totally, getting banned for saying synergy sux is just retarded.
Give back the old bw style flamethreads like tilda vs wrathofsauron

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Oh dear. One or 2 valid points, but lost the plot when you equated people adding on a fight in a realm v realm zone to people blatanly ripping others off on their CMs or on loot rolls. No doubt the IRC brigade will try and justify the comparison - which will once again demonstrate what happens when people engage their e-peens before their brains.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
I too got banned without any idea what i did, prolly a jokefull well added and zerged on chealses gratz thread

Pipppi

Fledgling Freddie
you should check the acutal content instead of the topic. Atleast movie threads contain alot of rvr discussion, and flaming. But like most threads on fh it just end up in ppl sinking to lower and lower levels and at the end just giving pointless remkars on others life/looks/skill/grammar etc. In most cases its a good thing to close threads when the discussion reach a certain level (which it always does), even if ppl say they dont care they cant let anyone else have the last word.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah RvR vids do indeed belong in RvR discussion imo because well.. You are discussing the RvR fights in the vids.

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
my other fh account got banned aswell without reason.
when i log it in it says:
account banned
reason: none
lifted: never

Pipppi

Fledgling Freddie
Jobbegea said:
my other fh account got banned aswell without reason.
when i log it in it says:
account banned
reason: none
lifted: never
ban inc :)

maybe you crossed over the thin line between get aids and die, and dieirl?

Dorimor1

Banned
I agree with Chretien. Theres a difference between having a heated discussion about RvR and just flaming one and other. I agree that some of the bans the moderators make are unjustified but I think the thread starter hasn't really been reading many of the threads that actually do get locked. If you look at them closely you eventually get people making remarks about life/looks/skill/grammar like Pippi said.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Right bans and locks for everyone in this thread :p

no, really... :rolleyes:

Jjuraa's ban was indeed a mistake and I lifted it this morning when I logged in and read my PMs/the threads saying it was an old post. If someone reports a die IRL post I don't tend to be inspecting the date (I guess I will be now ;))

Discussing the moderation is fine - though I expect a few people will start calling each other retards back and forth by the time this reaches its 50th post.

There's a reason that 40% of the threads are grats, 20% are movies - a lot of people don't seem to be able to post anything other than:
"OMFG YOU ADDED ON ME!" or
"FAO: bloke omGz u killed me haxxor!"

There is the odd decent discussion but people don't tend to post tactics or any sort of discussion. It's not my fault that half the non-grats non-movie threads need locked ;) take a look at what some people are posting.

Discussion - important word there - it's RvR discussions not "frustration venting board". This isn't meant to be a continuation of your last RvR fight.

You're not supposed to come here after losing a fight to protect your epeen by pointing out how they were haxxoring or you got an add or how they're such lamers. Not what it's for.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Personally, kinda easy to how heavy the modding is. One thing tho' - there's a direct relationship between the atmosphere/hostility/level of shit flying about on these forums and the same in-game - the arguments always carry over.

The fact that blatent add whine is verboten, probably, if anything contributes to the general co-operation and lack of adding atm. No one likes a clevershit who flames all the time, let alone respect their playstyle - some peeps are their own worst enemy and mods are actually doing em a favour.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Jobbegea what was your original posting name - will have a look and see why it was banned.

Jox

Fledgling Freddie

I think Flim & co is trying to change Freddys into something mature.
They seem to be aiming for a place filled with threads that are actually worth to read(Cant say I have contributed much).

But who knows, perhaps they are aiming too high?

And there are always people who exploit the freedom of speech^^

http://www.akegreen.com/

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:
I think Flim & co is trying to change Freddys into something mature.
They seem to be aiming for a place filled with threads that are actually worth to read(Cant say I have contributed much).

But who knows, perhaps they are aiming too high?

And there are always people who exploit the freedom of speech^^

http://www.akegreen.com/

haha lol Åke Green rocks fyi :clap:

and i agree, the board is on a much mature level then before and most threads getting locked deserves to

Himse

FH is my second home
Maybe there would be less of a whine if Mythic put rvr back to OF ? :<

Most of the whine is due to adding on bridges and being zerged on bridges bla bla, i read FH when OF was around and it was a much better place ...(just after it started up after BW :( )

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Himse said:
Maybe there would be less of a whine if Mythic put rvr back to OF ? :<

Most of the whine is due to adding on bridges and being zerged on bridges bla bla, i read FH when OF was around and it was a much better place ...(just after it started up after BW :( )

there was plenty of whine back in OF just it was about zerging and running with 2fg etc. rather than adding (because you couldn't help but run over other fights)

d34k

Fledgling Freddie
Oboy said:
haha lol Åke Green rocks fyi :clap:

Yeah, a man who equates homosexuality with a pre-disposition towards paedophelia... great guy. :(

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Think the boards are fine . Its the users that dont post any quality discussion . Im bored . Im at work . Im trolling the forums looking for something interesting. I dont find anything interesting and generally just end up adding one liners to pointless threads or jumping on flame-bait-band-wagonz out of boredom. Gets to the point where I even check the crafter section for something catchy or go to the thid forums to comment on people Ive never heard of running a 3 man group OMG .

Every second thread on the rvr discussion I feel like jumping in and yelling 'IBTL' because I know its going to be closed because its useless. Any decent thread posted in the rvr discussions will have to be closed because the thread format goes something like this ..

person 1 : Hi everyone ..what do u think of new assasins abilities ? I think they are good and bad because..discuss

person 2: Oh yes ! I agree they are really good because they ....

person 3: 'quote person 2' that should help u add more then u easy moder ...

person 2: quote person 3' Orly lalalalalala ure such a kid and u sux and lalala

person 4: yes i do like the new abilities because they allow for a new dimension with regards to ...

person 3: Ure such a SPa person 2 !

person 2 : are not

person 3: are to

person 2: are not

etc ..now what were we talking about ?

good points but most of it can be blamed on the community - Im not hypocritical ..I fuel the fire plenty of times and blame rests on my shoulders also . good work mods ..keep doing ure best

imo :D

illu

Part of the furniture
I think the forum boards are the way they are because most people can't think of interesting things to talk about :/

Sometimes threads get locked which are interesting, if only for the slanging match, but it does get repetitive after a while.

Most boring discussions seem to be about:
Gratz
Warlock whine
Add whine
FAO
Some pointless Poll

Most interesting discussions seem to be about:
How do I do this?
What do you think of this?
Movie this
etc

I just think people are becoming bored with the game, and most things that are worthwhile chatting about have been talked about before.

I'm not sure if it is just this week, but lately the boards have been getting less and less interesting to read. I try and occasionally post useful stuff or relatively interesting posts, and there are generally the occasional good post that comes up that causes discussion (like this one), but so many end up in a flame fest (which is still ok), but then it gets derogatory and you get insults flung from one person to another, retard this, your mum that, and it's generally the same people that do it over and over.

I think we just need people to sit back and ask more discussion type of questions, would the game be better with this? what do people think of that?
And maybe more sticky posts need to be done like Movies that have been posted in the forum, or Patch note discussions or useful info.

For me, I'm running out of things to yap about :/ Every now and then I think of posting a "These bastards steamrolled me tonight" thread, but it doesn't really achieve much.

Hopefully some people will post some interesting stuff soon :>

The End is nigh!

Oli - Illu

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Mirt said:
Lol harsh, not even Blizzard do that with WoW, although their forums are nice because people can't post so easily as an annonymous coward (well there is the lvl 1 alt, which sorta defeats that).
Friend got banned on their forums for verbal abuse or some shit, was banned ingame aswell. :p

A bit more on topic:

I think a big part of FH is the flaming and flame baiting. I go here for a good read myself. I do understand that is not what the forum is for, though.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
illu said:
Most interesting discussions seem to be about:
How do I do this?
What do you think of this?
Movie this
etc

Lies, the best threads come from people like pip/Mkj/alt accounts who make blatant hypocritical whine :p

Or Aoln's, they're always a fun read :D

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
think the moderators are doing what they should do. If you cant restrain urself from getting upset and writing something silly, now thats ur own fault and dont be so suprised you get banned for it. Also seems to be the same players doing that all the time. Also seen same mature players starting flaming eachother in every discussion whatever it is about, like ronso pointed out it can start with even a good discussion and the two mature people find themself in same discussion thread and starts: hey!...its you...arent you an adder..ffs...get a clue bam bam bam splosh splash! etc etc:p Cant just these people which im pretty sure hang around irc anyways ventilate their enormous frustration for getting killed there....and try to discuss here?
Obviously too hard ^^

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
Lies, the best threads come from people like pip/Mkj/alt accounts who make blatant hypocritical whine :p

Or Aoln's, they're always a fun read :D

a very good example:p now we are just waiting for a witty comback from the guys being mentioned. I would guess something like: Oh yeah!...who are you calling hypocrite...you feckin adder haxxor!..how old are you? my dad beats ur dad! etc:p

Vladamir

FH is my second home
ebenezer said:
a very good example:p now we are just waiting for a witty comback from the guys being mentioned. I would guess something like: Oh yeah!...who are you calling hypocrite...you feckin adder haxxor!..how old are you? my dad beats ur dad! etc:p

Wasn't meant as flame bait by any means, just a sarcastic comment :d. But lets be honest, the threads which often have the 5 star ratings are those who just go completely over the edge, and some people are more than willing to keep prodding and poking at them for that extra bit of fun.

However, with regards to your post, my grandma would so powerown your grandma :eek:

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
So flim tell me, if its RvR Discussions why are gratz threads allowed then? you can't really discuss that can you?:p

gratz flim on rr11!!
no he didnt!
yes he did!
NO!
bann!!!
haxx!!
but he rly did
givf proof!
etc?

lol

gratz threads ruuin this forum, i mean who gives a damn about someone else dinging a rr, if they care, they can leave a pm ingame /fh?
If it's really someone you care about dinging a rr, u''ll know by other things then fh, due msn / irc orsmt.

discussions on the boards are the most fun to read there is on fh :p
(except seeing reqiuels hammer of banz0r posts:D)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
i think its funny how people think that if the spam is reduced, people will make more 'interesting' threads. it would just be very, very few threads overall

and if nobody cares about realmrank, why do you put yours in your signature? :eek6:

/shrug

Knolan

Fledgling Freddie
just look at the glasonbury forums, no grats... no whine... no nothing.. (only friggin polls.)

ive never been banned here, should try it tbh, i always thought of the game as more fun when not reading these forums, but seems for me these forums are part of the game itself.

A

Aoln

Hahaha my postcount and rep got reset for my post in this thread, good work fulfilling everything i thought about mods being true xDDDD

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
imo we need an Fightclub section like Steakandcheese.com have.

u can flame, insult whine about everything and everyone.

but if u do it in another forum than fightclub u'll get banned.

It helps alot 2 keep all Forum sections clean from any insults/flames/whines.

b4 a thread have 2 be closed, just displace it into there.

and let the flames begin =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom