The reputation system

Gombur Glodson

Fledgling Freddie
In my humble opinion I think this function needs to be altered a bit, as it as now people are abusing it more than using it.

Will

/bin/su
I disabled it after I got one stating "See how you like that!!". Waste of time.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Just cos the DAoC spamhordes are getting it in the neck, and they're too thick to turn it off in their profiles...

;)

Especially Loxleyhood, the spamming git.

:twak:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm keeping a close eye on the rep spam issue and my patience is almost gone. Honeymoon soon to be over if they don't change their ways..... :twak:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I have disabled the ability to send anonymous comments with the user rating.

Hmm, actually I may remove the ability to post a comment (gotta find the template name now).

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Deebs said:
I have disabled the ability to send anonymous comments with the user rating.

Hmm, actually I may remove the ability to post a comment (gotta find the template name now).

Comments are good if it is being used properly. But getting people to use it properly aint gonna be easy.

Gombur Glodson

Fledgling Freddie
I agree, I kinda like having the comment system enabled.
Also for giving out reputation.

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
Getting mildly annoyed at the "You must spread some reputation around" thing. I've +repped Jonty, Xavier, Shovel and Deebs, and now I can't +rep them any more, even when they make a really useful post :(

Rubric

Part of the furniture
fatbusinessman said:
Getting mildly annoyed at the "You must spread some reputation around" thing. I've +repped Jonty, Xavier, Shovel and Deebs, and now I can't +rep them any more, even when they make a really useful post :(

Agreed.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
There is a limit on how much rep you can spread around within a 24 hr period.

Let me go up it a bit more then.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
When you get neutral rep it would be nice to know if the person intended positive or negative rep.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
the rep system suxs everyone who dislikes u just spits on u :twak: and makes ure rep negative

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Conchabar said:
the rep system suxs everyone who dislikes u just spits on u :twak: and makes ure rep negative
Well, I'm just wondering, but did all these people start disliking you for no good reason? If not, that's what the reputation system is there for. If you piss people off your rep goes down, you're not immune unless you disable your participation in the user control panel.

Xav

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Xavier said:
Well, I'm just wondering, but did all these people start disliking you for no good reason? If not, that's what the reputation system is there for. If you piss people off your rep goes down, you're not immune unless you disable your participation in the user control panel.

Xav

Well only 2 of his past 25 posts makes it past the first line, so perhaps he's not putting enough thought into his posting? Spam anyone? :touch:

Embattle

FH is my second home
Most probably not any more since he spends so much time posting :)

Sar

Part of the furniture
But that would apply to most of em.

£6 per month to post farm anyone?

:)

Clown

Part of the furniture
Look at DBs' reputation :(
Would there be a forum for people to abuse this shit if it wasn't for him? (and some of his strange friends ;))

Pfft.. the gratitude :mad:

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
rep system is something new to most though

and how come some give you greens while others cant give past greys?

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
The system might be nice, if it was slightly moderated or something. One person gave me atleast 6 bad reps (of the 8 i have gotten) and he might have given more (cant see more than those 6). Either he really dislikes me, as he isnt actually doing it because of the bad posts (as they are imo always atleast slightly useful). Besides that on his last one he commented with "sorry, just business".
So I assume he is just doing it so he can give rep to others. Its kinda hard to moderate reputation system, as it is about someones opinion. But imo its ridiculous to give rep. points for someone(mostly bad ones ofc), just so you can give rep. points to other people and unless this is somehow stopped, I doubt the system will be off any use.

Cybwyn

Fledgling Freddie
I've said it before and I'll say it again, It's not going to be of any use while there are kids abusing it. I disapproved of something someone posted earlier today and gave them negative feedback which I felt was justified and i get this in return....

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18&stc=1

I wouldn't mind if those 2 posts I got negative feedback on were bad posts, but they weren't (one was actually quite helpful).

edit: Good, it's been removed now and not before time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom