This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The reputation system

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Gombur Glodson, Dec 28, 2003.

1. Gombur Glodson

Gombur Glodson Fledgling Freddie

In my humble opinion I think this function needs to be altered a bit, as it as now people are abusing it more than using it.

2. Embattle

Embattle Resident Freddy

I have it disabled.

3. Simon

Simon Fledgling Freddie

Just disable it.

4. Gombur Glodson

But I'm a nice person, honestly!

5. Will

Will /bin/su Staff member Moderator

I disabled it after I got one stating "See how you like that!!". Waste of time.

6. Gombur Glodson

Will getting a low rep enable me to get evil force powers?

7. Sar

Sar Part of the furniture

Just cos the DAoC spamhordes are getting it in the neck, and they're too thick to turn it off in their profiles...

;)

Especially Loxleyhood, the spamming git.

:twak:

8. Jupitus

Jupitus Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy! Staff member Moderator

I'm keeping a close eye on the rep spam issue and my patience is almost gone. Honeymoon soon to be over if they don't change their ways..... :twak:

9. Deebs

Deebs Chief Arsewipe Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

I have disabled the ability to send anonymous comments with the user rating.

Hmm, actually I may remove the ability to post a comment (gotta find the template name now).

10. Rubric

Rubric Part of the furniture

Comments are good if it is being used properly. But getting people to use it properly aint gonna be easy.

11. Gombur Glodson

I agree, I kinda like having the comment system enabled.
    Also for giving out reputation.

12. fatbusinessman

fatbusinessman Fledgling Freddie

Getting mildly annoyed at the "You must spread some reputation around" thing. I've +repped Jonty, Xavier, Shovel and Deebs, and now I can't +rep them any more, even when they make a really useful post :(

13. Gombur Glodson

14. Rubric

Agreed.

15. Deebs

There is a limit on how much rep you can spread around within a 24 hr period.

Let me go up it a bit more then.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Rubric

When you get neutral rep it would be nice to know if the person intended positive or negative rep.

17. Conchabar

Conchabar Fledgling Freddie

the rep system suxs everyone who dislikes u just spits on u :twak: and makes ure rep negative

18. Xavier

Xavier Can't get enough of FH

Well, I'm just wondering, but did all these people start disliking you for no good reason? If not, that's what the reputation system is there for. If you piss people off your rep goes down, you're not immune unless you disable your participation in the user control panel.

Xav

19. Jupitus

Jupitus Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy! Staff member Moderator

Well only 2 of his past 25 posts makes it past the first line, so perhaps he's not putting enough thought into his posting? Spam anyone? :touch:

20. Sar

Play DAoC does he perchance?

;)

21. Embattle

Embattle Resident Freddy

Most probably not any more since he spends so much time posting :)

22. Sar

But that would apply to most of em.

£6 per month to post farm anyone?

:)

23. Clown

Clown Part of the furniture

Look at DBs' reputation :(
    Would there be a forum for people to abuse this shit if it wasn't for him? (and some of his strange friends ;))

Pfft.. the gratitude :mad:

24. Embattle

Embattle Resident Freddy

It might be to do with his dirty sexual habits ;)

25. Deebs

Hehe

Could be........

• Like Like x 2
  26. gunner440

gunner440 Hey Daddy Altman

rep system is something new to most though

and how come some give you greens while others cant give past greys?

27. Driwen

Driwen Fledgling Freddie

The system might be nice, if it was slightly moderated or something. One person gave me atleast 6 bad reps (of the 8 i have gotten) and he might have given more (cant see more than those 6). Either he really dislikes me, as he isnt actually doing it because of the bad posts (as they are imo always atleast slightly useful). Besides that on his last one he commented with "sorry, just business".
    So I assume he is just doing it so he can give rep to others. Its kinda hard to moderate reputation system, as it is about someones opinion. But imo its ridiculous to give rep. points for someone(mostly bad ones ofc), just so you can give rep. points to other people and unless this is somehow stopped, I doubt the system will be off any use.

28. Cybwyn

Cybwyn Fledgling Freddie

I've said it before and I'll say it again, It's not going to be of any use while there are kids abusing it. I disapproved of something someone posted earlier today and gave them negative feedback which I felt was justified and i get this in return....

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18&stc=1

I wouldn't mind if those 2 posts I got negative feedback on were bad posts, but they weren't (one was actually quite helpful).

edit: Good, it's been removed now and not before time.

29. dysfunction

dysfunction FH is my second home FH Subscriber

30. Embattle

Embattle Resident Freddy

It was never really going to work...not here :)