The reputation system

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Suggestion from Dr_Jo: Why not just have positive reputation? People who contribute will get reward, those who don't will not. However, no one can start being malicious to kill peoples reps.

How's that sound?

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think the negative reputation thing is necessarily bad, but some of the logic used to determine if a rep was neutral or not needs adjustment, imo.

I've only received negative reps and neutral ones, not a single positive one, even though plenty of people have tried ;)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Well...we now only have positive Reputations which all seem to start "on a distinguished road".

Wouldnt it be better to start with something neutral and then go up from there?

Miles_Binck

Fledgling Freddie
i might be wrong but I believe that is how the reputation system starts off (everyone having 10 reputation points in the beginning)

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Somehow I have 21 points, nearly as many as I had in minus beforehand! :eek:

Gombur Glodson

Fledgling Freddie
Elcain said:
yeah i know that :D
mine isnt there !!! :(

There is a little blue button/arrow thing at the right of your screen, try pressing it. Or it might be because noone has given you reputation yet :)

Elcain

Fledgling Freddie
Gombur Glodson said:
There is a little blue button/arrow thing at the right of your screen, try pressing it. Or it might be because noone has given you reputation yet :)
LOL it was cause no one liked me, thanks Gamber :cheers:

Gombur Glodson

Fledgling Freddie
Is there anything higher than "On a distinguished road" ?
As far as I can see we're all on the same level and if it never goes to a higher "point" there is no way to tell people apart thus (imho) making the rep system a bit trivial.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Deebs said:
I have disabled the ability to send anonymous comments with the user rating.

Hmm, actually I may remove the ability to post a comment (gotta find the template name now).

I disagree with this. I wanted to add to someone's reputation, and I wanted to add a little "Nice one dude", related to his post. Unfortunately, I bumped my web boat into a impersonal submit button. A tad frustrating.

Gombur Glodson

Fledgling Freddie
Gombur Glodson said:
Is there anything higher than "On a distinguished road" ?
As far as I can see we're all on the same level and if it never goes to a higher "point" there is no way to tell people apart thus (imho) making the rep system a bit trivial.

Bump, would still like an answer on this :touch:

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Seconded actually. It would be good to know what the levels are (no need to say what the number of points is, we don't want to make a post count out of it).

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi there

The reputation system varies from board to board making any broad statement on its use rather difficult. However, from what I gather, there are levels higher than 'On a distinguished road' but by default these levels require a lot of positive reputation. That said, I'm unaware of exactly how the FreddysHouse forums are configured, so whether this applies here I really don't know.

Kind Regards

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Gombur Glodson said:
Bump, would still like an answer on this :touch:
Afaik it does change, but I'm not telling as to how, you'll just have to wait till you get there ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It shouldnt start "on a distinguished road". Your reputation should be neutral until you gain points.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Where's the "on a distinguished road" stuff?

I'm guessing it's a title you earn for reuptation, but.. errr... where is it displayed?

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
tRoG said:
Where's the "on a distinguished road" stuff?

I'm guessing it's a title you earn for reuptation, but.. errr... where is it displayed?

Hover your pointer above the little icon, beneath your name (The little green/black/grey square).

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Sar said:
Just cos the DAoC spamhordes are getting it in the neck, and they're too thick to turn it off in their profiles...

;)

Especially Loxleyhood, the spamming git.

:twak:
Hush sar :) im no daoc spam hor

Sar

Part of the furniture
Yeah, you just spammed the plasma gun & the Grenade Launcher in Q3 instead.

;)

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi guys

A little more information on the reputation system. Sadly pretty much everything can be customised, so it's hard to give certainties, but still:

• Each registered member starts with 10 reputation points.
  • Each registered member can rate any post by clicking on the reputation button associated with that post.
  • You can only rate a post once.
  • You can only rate a member once in the same thread.
  • You can only add to a member's reputation, not detract from it.
  • You cannot repeatedly rate the same member (... I'm not sure about this, but there seems to be either: a) a timelimit between rating the same member twice b) a requirement to add x reputation to other members before you can rate the original member again).
  • Every time you rate a post you affect that member's reputation.
  • The amount by which you affect a member's repuation can depend on various factors (... By default, it seems older members with more posts and lots of reputation points will affect another member's reputation more than a newer member with fewer posts and less reputation points. This is perhaps explains why some users only offer quasi-positive reputation (grey 'blip' when listed, no reputation increment) and others offer truely positive reputation (green 'blip' when listed, reputation incremented by one)..
  • Different levels of reputation beyond 'On a distinguished road' exist, and are reached upon attaining x amount of reputation (Thanks MYstIC G).

And now the purely made up, so don't pay much attention to this, as I cannot guarantee it's true ...

• There is the possibility of receiving reputation for belonging to certain groups and donating etc. (I don't believe this is the case with FH, I'm just saying it could be implemented).
  • Quasi-positive reputation (grey 'blips' when listed) may eventually accumulate and increment your reputation.

Kind Regards

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
There are levels of reputation, I'd suggest if you guys want to know them you watch Jonty's little green square the most, as he's so nice I'm sure you all give him good rep :)

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
MYstIC G said:
There are levels of reputation, I'd suggest if you guys want to know them you watch Jonty's little green square the most, as he's so nice I'm sure you all give him good rep :)
Bless you :D *cough* Here's your money *cough* hehe ;)

Thanks for clarifying that levels of reputation do exist for certain.

Kind Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom