The reason for your Daoc nicks?

O

old.Hendrick

Zarff....made it up in my silly head..later i found out Mythic thought it was such a cool name they had to copy it, so they made the merchant Sarff in connla ...100% pwned by Mythic

There is a guard captain called "Hemrick" somewhere in Avalon. So you're not alone in inspiring GOA :)

There was nothing special about choosing Hendrick as a name, I just generally like simple real-life like names for my characters. That said, most of my alt-names come from the name generator.

My very first character was named Randolph though, after my old Phantasy Star Online character, Randolph, the red ranger. I quickly got tired of being a Lurikeen Ranger though :)

Also used to have a Thane called Skidbladnir, which is the boat of the gods (or maybe Odin's personal yacht, not entirely sure right now) in norse mythology. I occasionally play a skald called Tamaris, which is the evil queen in Conan the Destroyer.

My LARP character is called Dantares, after a centaur knight from Shining Force. That name was taken on Prydwen though, and I didn't want to use the abbreviation Dante. Cyan, my usual nick which is taken from Final Fantasy 6 (or Dragonlance, if you like green dragons), was taken as well.

T

Tasans

Tasans is actually an anagram of my 2 first names, have been using it for years now.
Aleia-Astrorken owned by the name generator :/
Erelian is ripped off a list of dwarvish names, and Cyndre ripped off from a Forgotten Realms campaign setting.
Melita is...long story.

S

Sharma

umm rather daft reason for my chanter:

Exploding - been blown to pieces by chanters in NP so it seemed fitting :eek:

M

mid.Bashir

Bashir BlaatSchaap: Bashir is a) Star Trek DS9 medic. (fav. series) and b) sounded some like Bosjer (one who bashes) but was already a friends nick and i won't steal that :p
Blaatschaap: Blaat = the sound a sheep (=schaap in Dutch) makes :p

Whispered Voices is what my SB makes the people hear ;)

Rood Kruis = Red Cross (Healer)

X

Xtro

Xtro is the nick I've used online since the days of Quakeworld.

Why? err its a shit 80s horror flick, I was drunk and it had an X which I like. Deep, man, deep....not.

Achingly dull I know but my chars in daoc are all variations on the name, Xtronicus, Xtronz, etc.

Suprisingly enough the one exception is my skald Katy, a cute blonde norse...all the young kobbie shamans seem to love buffing her...

:eek:

F

Fex

Aphex - Happens to be the name I used when i play any FPS game. Anduin - his surname is a river in LoTR.

Fex - shortened version of Aphex ( no really...)

And erm thats it..... bit crappy against all the other reasons :(

M

minstrel_kyra

Hey my name was copied too!! You guys remember Kyla, the Paladin who was on the way to Llyn Barfog? She wouldn't talk to me so I never really got to find out what she was doing there.

Kyra- I was Kyrah in LOM and DAOC Beta. But then Laka went to check if my name was taken, and inadvertantly stole my name. (he swears he didn't but I don't believe him!!! LOL) So thinking fast, I just dropped the h. As for the name well it came from a really crappy movie that was on at the time. Xanadoo with Olivia Newton-John. Her name was Kira and I thought that was pretty cool, naming my char after a muse. Since Kira was taken, I played with the name and ending up with Kyrah. (and we know how that story ends.) I later found out that Kira was never really a name of a Muse :( But the good news is that Kyra has some sort of mythical background. I can't remember what, as it was pointed out to me on our PARP boards before they broke and I didn't save the info. If I find it again, I'll post it. (yeah i know maybe 2% of you want to know but now its bugging me :D)

Brigitte- the name I chose for my Confirmation name, after St. Brigitte.

Lexxie- always liked the name alexandria and versions of it.

Stefanie- just another girly name that popped into my head.

Adrianna- yet another girly name, but with a twist. its also the female version of a good friend's name.

oh and lets not forget Lakarella... I was just goofing around when i made my ickle necro to be... it happened after Laka logged in as Kyrah!!!!!! (a guy char but still confuses the hell out of the less than seasoned guildies)

2 more slots left but not much interest in making a new char right now.

BTW, great stories everyone :)

D

DeSlisser

Wooot, was browsing the web and found this beauty. Havent posted in a long time, but this is certainly worth it.

Amra - Nick of Conan the barbarian, read the comic when i was like 10. Used it from Beta.

Milon - Again a comic character, but from Vae Victis (story about Boadica, the celt princes). Milon is a healer who dances with lightning, perfect name for a cleric. Even made the cleric avalonian to look like Milon as in the comic.

Pater - Friar, nuff said

On excal i have some lowbies

Igguk - Comic char, a kinda chicken sort of gnome

Nar - Witch means kings fool in dutch, but found out that it also means Jerk in most Nordic languages :clap: gotta love him :)

D

dk_flint

why i called my char twelve inch ? ....well .... ah nm

D

DaFuzz

Zufad - used DaFuzz for FPS's, reversed it for a slightly more RPG feel

Funniest ever seen - can't remember but for some weird reason i always remember someone called Awanka on US servers.

O

old.tRoG

tRoG: I used to roleplay a troll called tRoG.

Uachdaran: It's Gaelic d3wd language for Uberlord.

I like my own names :) - Had one char called Wife Stealer, and another called Comical Relief.

Beastiality Love from Mid/Exc is quite good, too :)

B

beck-uk

Well I guess I havnt got much of an imagination...

My main char in all games I play (if possible) is ... Beck , simply because that is my surname in RL. :) I guess I like the idea of ppl calling me what my RL friends call me.

My alts if I get time to play any are normally a variation on Beck. ;)

Beck Beastly ('Beastly' is due to my liking to big nasty pets to destroy my enemys) ;)

A

Arnor

Originally posted by old.Tyraette

Annah - Planescape Torment. Nuff Said. Is there a better story in any game? If there is, I'd like to play it :)

Best

Game

Ever

O

Old_Bean

Mung - Just...well because.
Teflon - 'Cos no sucker is gonna stick to me!
Rekcuf Gib - Beacuse he is such a Big Fellow!
Onion - Cool vegetable. And she's a wee lass, it suited.
Phlegm - As disgusting as it sounds, this BD is a snotty bugger.
Whytebeard - Unoriginal test char name. (hint- he has a white beard)
Zeer - The seer, another test character.

Sorry no life-changing moments to inspire my names, just gimmicky names that sound right.

G

Graknak

Graknak = Been playing Mordheim a long time ago and this was the name of my notorius warbandleader who couldn't be killed and now the name of my somewhat same-ish scout (Skaven+dual warplock pistols+skills=primitive uzi; Scout+bow+ra's=the same but different :p) Been using it since LoM/US DAoC Beta.
(The actual more stupid reason was that my warbandleader needed a name and i made a names generator and this came out, his full name was Graknak Greyfur and it was mine in LoM/US DAoC beta, from Euro DAoC beta i changed it to MacGregor and thats all Laird's fault :p)

Cuthbert = Again referring to the Mordheim part i also played Sisters of Sigmar. Name of my warband leader was Cuthberta and since then when playing a male char its slightly changed to Cuthbert. Been using the name ever since US DAoC beta for various pietious chars or a variation on it. (Also Cuthbert was a Saint/Cleric arround 630 AD and thus again a suitable name for a Cleric for an rpg)

J

Jonaldo

An update from my original post as a lot of time has passed

Originally posted by Omniscieous
Cornell - Used the name Cornell since Ultima Online, is the surname of Ex Soundgarden and now Audioslave singer Chris Cornell.

Omnisceious Cornellius - I'll give you one guess..

Corne Reborne - Recently moved to albion and 'Reborne' kinda describes my new interest in the game.

Lefty Ruggiero - I'll give a cookie to anyone who can tell me where this name is from without doing some intarweb search :p

I

incy

Played alot of AD&D forgotten realms before. When i started playing daoc, i decided to go for something from that area, but wasnt sure.

So i started looking through some of the books. Finally came to "Faiths and Avatars". Looked through some names and played around with some letters.

Finally i came upon the god Ilmater, and started the same procedure as i did before. Came up with the name ilcanter, and that was my first char in daoc (US server nimue lvl 26 druid)

Used same name when i entered the european servers on the very first day prydwen came online. made another druid, now lvl 44.

Ever since, most of my characters have abbreviations from that name (incanter, incy, ilcy, incern the list goes on hehe)

and such is the name-story of the biggest luri-fan ever to walk the woods of hibernia :)

S

sieben_dapoet

main nick used because "Waylander" "Snaga" "Druss" were not available at the time {still not now i think}

Sieben DaPoet -> Poet from Druss D.Gemmell Books
Belgarath DaSorcerer -> Old Wolf ;) From D.Eddings Books
Cadoras DaStalker -> For those with sharp eyes ;) assassin from Waylander D.Gemmell Book
SilverSlayer -> Other name for Druss from D.Gemmell Book
Hochopepa -> Magician from R.E.Feist Books
Healda -> Planning on surname of Albions =) cleric char obviously

some others aswell.... but can't remember/no good reason for names

JonShannow Trinity -> Gunslinger from D.Gemmell Shannow series, BUT... GOLD STAR to anyone who guesses where the SURNAME comes from {related to same books}

P

pringler

Pringler McHammer = Pringler was a char name from evercrack (Pringler Meatshield) but i picked a merc class so im not really that meaty and yes it did come by because at the time i had a tube of pringles by the computer, McHammer (derr derrr der der err errr carnt touch this ....... stop hammertime) was on there cuz im a crush merc :p
Bhrussel Sprout = Hes a small green armoured scout :p nuff said

S

sieben_dapoet

damnit pringler, didnt u c my last reply to ure last post !!!

STOP IT

G

Genius-Ino

Explaining my names would be easy:
Genius - well i'm smart irl (or so I think :))
Veneli - letters of my irl first name (Lieven) mixed up
Ino - no clue how i made this up
Coldplay - from the popular English band

O

old.Spug

Ahh, nice and easy to answer this one...

Kikya Indashyn, my dwarven healer, she can't do much damage...
Kliren Darume, erm, he's a PBAOE'er

for those two, you may need to say them aloud to get them... I've been grouped with people for weekes before, and had them suddenly say "shit, I just got your name..."

Spug Darktyde, S'Pug was a half orc I played in UO, when he came to DAOC, he became a Kobbie, and together with a few friends became part of the newly formed Darktyde clan.

Deko Darktyde, Decros Darktyde, Deka Darktyde.. you get the idea with them...

Chux Brix and Stickle Brix, we started a troll "family" and, erm, their firstnames just kinda happened... other members of the brix family... Red Brix, Weeta Brix, Chooz Brix, Crumbly Brix... ok, ok, so we should get out more...

L

leviathane

Leviathane- from tht water creature Leviathan just with an e on it
Severin - from a book i read sounded kewl at the time
Leviosa - from mains name (not god damn harry potter as ive never read or seen it)
Elcasia - dont hava clue just some random name :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom