The reason for your Daoc nicks?

K

Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn as it means wholesome and it made Mason giggle (sarcastic so and so), Dante comes from the author of the divine comedy Dante Alighieri and is also my son's name.
Llau cames from Andrew Lau one of my favorite actors who stars in my favorite film 'The Duel'.The double L is because she started out as a mentalist on hibernia and its a slight pratchett reference.
Casia is because i wanted the name Kasia which means pure and couldnt have it.
Lien is because it means lotus flower and i thought it was pretty.

O

old.Whismerill

Whismerill, Haazheel, Murata, Feydreva, Ghorgor & co all comming from the best comics ever : The Black Moon Chronicles.

Also used them in any MMORPGs I have played in the last 4-5 years.

O

old.Zarff

Zarff....made it up in my silly head..later i found out Mythic thought it was such a cool name they had to copy it, so they made the merchant Sarff in connla ...100% pwned by Mythic :)

S

SilverHood

the cruelty of the random name generate tells my tale of my Daoc nick.

Silverhood was my mud alias.
Was playing a fantasy mud, and was killing bandits and stuff, when one drops a cloak.
You examine the hood. It has a silver lining.
You equip the Silver Hood!

Someone else came, and called me Silverhood, cos that's what it said when he examined me. Just sorta stuck after that.

F

Fafnir

About 12 years ago i started playing the swedish version of Dungeons and Dragons, and in historyclass we had just read the myth about Sigurd Fafnesbane, and i liked Fafne a littlebit so i took it a changed it to Fafnir, and found out later Fafnir is the english name for Fafne.

J

Jonaldo

Cornell - Used the name Cornell since Ultima Online, is the surname of Ex Soundgarden and now Audioslave singer Chris Cornell.

Carlito Sway - Was stuck for a name and looked at my dvd collection for inspiration.

Sergei - Named After Sergei Rebrov who was a player at Spurs (football team I support) but never really played much and now is loaned out somewhere in Turkey I think.

Funkeh SideBurnZ - Firby dr00d, he has teh funkeh sideburnz.

E

Elrond/Ruffting

Elrond = cos foolishly I thought when I created the account back at release it would eventually sell for more if it had a lotr link :)

Ruffting = old word we used to use in highschool, sort of a variant of RoughThing, but made to sound a bit lameish :) also the name of a custom wrestler me and a mate made on some crap old game ;)

S

Sharma

I DONT FUGGING KNOW FFS ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHARMA WAS A RANDOM CRAPPY NAME THOUGHT UP BY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V

vestax

old.Cher: Yeah i _gave_ my account away ages ago cos i got bored of Daoc, lack of content etc, then i went to play AO and managed to get a charecter to lvl 140 ish.. only to find that the PvP in AO is complete and utter pants so im back :D

But saying that im getting pretty sick of Daoc again.. and to make things worse i didnt get into the SB Beta..

I will prolly wait until Eve Online/SWG/Shadowbane/WoW

G

gibberish

Slogram BloodAxe shamelessly ripped from Disc World novels (hope Pratchett doesnt wanna sue me for copyright breach).

Other alts are are named in my native Welsh language Meistr Y Meirw - meaning Master of the Dead / Spirit Master for my SM and Gwasaneuth Y Grwp meaning Group Servant for my healer.

W

wolfspirit

Wolfshead because its the old english title for an outlaw, and as ive never fitted in anywhere ( played all 3 realms ) i feel it kinda fits

B

Belsameth

Soulcatcher is from my favorite Novell, The Black Company.

best description I managed to find of her:

Soulcatcher
In Cooks fantasy world, the badguys are the heroes because their enemies are so infinetly much worse. His undead warlocks, The Ten Who Were Taken, makes Tolkiens ringwraiths look like the Carebears, and the most sinister, if not the most frightening, is Soulcatcher. Face hidden behind a black morion, the small detail that this petite creature speaks every sentence in a different voice, the voices of the souls it has caught, is enough to make ones skin crawl.

funny to note is, she generally uses a voice that contradicts with what she's saying, like talking about the most horrific torture with the voice of a young, playfull girl.

Belsameth

my alts names (of which Belsameth is the most used) are all taken from the D20 system Scarred Lands. generally in some way Belsameth related, tho not always

O

old.Gombur Glodson

/me pats Soulie on the back

There there, it's just good old friendly teasing, you know I dont really mean it.

/em cackles really silently.

O

old.Tyraette

Tyraette - Drunken evening playing Diablo 2 with some friends..rather bizarrely my first introduction to roleplaying on an online game was creating and playing the secret lovechild of Tyrael....just dont ask about Cainetta, and Nihiletta <shudders>

Caessa - Legend by david Gemmell, really liked the character..was really strange, never quite figured her out in it. Probably my fondest name going now, both from the book, and now the daoc char.

Shaeffer - Hehe, this one is from another book, written by yours truly. Well, halfwritten anyway..damn you daoc , damn you all to hell!! <shakes fist>. still 150pgs, been like it since feb 17th, or whenever retail came out hehe. expect to see it ranked 7435678934653th in the amazon listings in about 2yrs time

Annah - Planescape Torment. Nuff Said. Is there a better story in any game? If there is, I'd like to play it :)

V

VidX

Usp - Universal Self-loading Pistol, from my CS days when I wanted to play without the clan tag :)

VidX - From my, err... DivX days

D

Damini

Hazel Journey - Hazel D'Ark from the Deathstalker series, and Ruby Journey from the same books, and I just meshed the names together :)

Damini Jaya - I started a mage in UO, and wanted a name to suit. Damini Jaya means Lightning Victory in Indian, and for all of you that remember magery in UO (e-bolts and lightning) it made kind of sense. I chose Indian because I loved the names that mean something, and my mum's middle name is Onglevee (First Born Daughter Of Love), because her dad served in India during WWII.

I never lived up to that name though :( I sucked as a mage.

V

VidX

Ahha! But how many people were aware that's what VidX was?!?

Oh, ok :(

O

old.Isos

hmmm I dont remember how I came up with the name Isos actually... were trying to figure out a good name for my eldrich in beta.

it wanst until later people came up to me and asked me if I were greek, I then found out Isos means something like "maybe" in greek.

O

old.Katie

Wel i made the name Katie because ................

My first name is Katie ...

My friar is called bruce lee, only because lee was gone (my last name) so just thought it up..

And Posture came from the front of a golf book my boy friend had sat near the computer

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Damini
Damini Jaya - I started a mage in UO, and wanted a name to suit. Damini Jaya means Lightning Victory in Indian, and for all of you that remember magery in UO (e-bolts and lightning) it made kind of sense.

I never lived up to that name though :( I sucked as a mage.

<Corp por's Damini>

rar! Mod pwnage!

N

Nifrim

Two reasons-

1) my initials in RL are RPM, which as well as my name can mean Revoloutions Per Minute.
2) while out on one very VERY boozy night, a friend of mine managed to get my name and nightclub mixed up, and was conviced that my name was Revs for the rest of the night and we were in a place called Rick... after that it kinda stuck =P... isnt alcohol great!

gotta change my lastname back to PerMinute when the damn accounts page works again so i can buy more time =}

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom