The reason for your Daoc nicks?

V

vestax

Just thought it would be interesting to know why 1) everyone picked there in game doac nicks, also 2) what's the funniest name you have seen?

Guess I'll go first

1) Vestax is an electrical company that produces high quality records decks & mixing equipment.

I have been DJing since I was 18 (im now 25) started off playing Goa trance (when trance was good.. none of this commercial shit you hear these days). Used to play in a few small clubs & many local pubs on a regular basis. I now only DJ/Mix for fun in my spare time and I own a pair of Vestax PDX-2000's which are simply SUPERB!!

My record collection now consists of Hiphop/R&B/American House/French House/Funk and anything I consider to have a decent baseline :)

Anyway that's why im called Vestax.

2) Best name I seen was on Merlin US server. There was a cleric called Iduelforcheese AndOtherDairyProductsToo

Made me giggle

C

cHodAX

cHodAX isn't a name, it is a way of life and a state of mind :p

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Teh Fonz!!1
Ah...feels like home already. :D

/me makes teh fonz clean his bedroom

Now that should make you feel at home :p

M

mcirvine

Well my real name is Stijn but that's way to difficult to pronounce in english so most english people call me stan. That's why i use stan as ingame name :).

got an alt called Tjap and this name comes from the microwave dish i was preparing while creating the char.

S

Shike

Grad is short for Graduran which was a character i had Drakar & Demoner (which is Dungeons&Dragons, but the swedish modified version), profession was Demonhunter and basically a very dear character which I played for a long time :)

S

Sarum TheBlack

The word "Sarum" has a great history I knew nothing about when I created the char..

I wanted something wizardy sounding.. and having just finished reading the LotR trilogy about 10 days before, Saruman and Sauron were floating about in my head I guess, although I didn't realise until I'd clicked accept that I'd just loped the "an" off the end of Saruman…(Gandalf or a misspelling of it would have been rubbish, I wanted my own name, I kinda ended up not getting that, but it wasn't deliberate)

As for the history of "Sarum" there’s a place in Salisbury planes near the town of Salisbury called Sarum, an ancient hill fort place. There is also an old Catholic rite called "Sarum".. not 100% sure what it's for, but one of the pages I turned up said something about purifying women after childbirth.. sounds messy. Do a google search on Sarum and you'll find plenty of pages on both (as well as some "My First Homepage" jobs for RL people called Sarum or similar, some hotels and about 30.000 pages for the Sarum flying club)

Martyn is a slight misspelling of my RL name, and Markys is just fairly random.

S

Spinky

Spinky, ehm, just a name, sounds funny, lurikeen, small, funny, made to make people feel better.

Ditzel, sounds girly, girly lurikeen, small, funny, made to be Spinky's little sister.

LightFoot, Lurikeens, they have lightFeet and pad across the land, had no intervention of choosing the name on purpose, just made it up and discovered after more things that had the same name (some items and the LightFoot tribe in Starfox adventures)

C

Candy lollipop

My real name is Charlotte, and so i choose my ingame names.
1-Charlinia
2-Charlina (easy hehe)
3-Candy (i luv candy hmm)
4-Cathy -just luv that name

plus I like to have names starting with a -C- :)

I'm alrdy searching for a new name, altho its not easy hehe

love,
Candy

G

Garaen

Blimey Candy, 4 level 50's and a 49, quite impressive :)

Asmodean is the name from my favourite series of books. (wheel of time)

Garian is basically Belgorian without the Belg and with an a instead of an o.

Rise, i have no idea where the idea for this name came up but i likes it :D

H

hrodelbert

Hrodelbert- it was the name of the first goat in space

O

old.TeaSpoon

You should know this one for me Vestax....

When I used to be DC'd from irc and I couldnt use TheSisko I used TeaSpoon. I thought when I created my first character that Teaspoon looked better than Thesisko. Also it matched a rather embarressing picture of me :x

O

old.Atrox

Atrox is not from AO ( damn I've been asked that ALOT )
the name is the Latin name of my old pets
Crotalus Atrox and Bothrups Atrox ( for those who care :p )

Xorta is simple Atrox backwards, kinda ran out of ideas.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

One of the dwarf in the hobbit is called Bombur, so when I played Baldurs Gate I named my dwarf cleric Gombur, and since I had a dwarf thane in the start of retail I thought I'd use Gombur again.
Glodson is from the discworld novels, Soul Music where we meet the dwarf Glod Glodson.

I used the same name when I moved to alb so my old realmmates would know it was me.

C

Cavex ElSaviour

I always used caveman as a nick. a few years ago thought it sounded too childish and an x should be in a name. hence cavex. El Saviour is a name a RL friend always uses as last name. sounded cool to me so why not.

Scahduw is a misspelling of the dutch word schaduw (shadow). didnt see it till i was lvl 8 and couldnt be arsed to restart my char. last name, vhecter, is a deliberate misspelling of the word vechter (fighter)

O

old.Xarr

my new sb's name, borr, does actually have a slightly amusing story behind it.

the name comes from some really old norwegian television series about this crazy guy in a boat that's called 'borr i bekkmørtna' (translates into 'borr in the deepest darkness'). i just love the actor that played the character borr because he's so crazy and.. beardy :p

hence i made a beardy norseman shadowblade called borr! ;)

D

Derric

Always used Derric when playing rpgish games,Farrell is from the lead singer in Jane's Addiction. (and it also means brave /flex)

O

old.Cher

i use the name cher for two reasons

the first char was a minstrel, and cher is the pop goddess herself, so it made sense to name her cher

britney was already taken :p

D

Draigo

Draig (Ddraig) welsh for Dragon, I live in Cardiff so ermmmm, dunno

J

Jupitus

Derivative of Jupiter, the planet, since Jupiter is my favourite of Gustav Holst's Planets Suite.

Used it previously in Legend of Mir:eek:

Won't be using it again :)

S

Shike

haha sko, Grad is not from a rocketlauncher, kinda funny that I am a ranger though when there is artillery with that nick aswell :D

A

Aoln

Aolns a ranger man u meet in the 1st or 2nd area aftert candlekeep in baldurs gate 1 :p

D

DocWolfe

I made my name when I was young back when I played tf ;p 5/6 years ago? :rolleyes: I played a medic so I called my self Doc and the wolfe well sounded like wolf but wasn't quite wolf ;) Like I said I was 12 when I made it and it stuck ever since :eek:

I chose meriam (hunter) and Reuben (shaman) becuase of a book I studied last year for A-Level English called Cold Comfort Farm, and Midgard reminds me of it

O

old.Cher

vestax, when i left albion u had just sold your account or something similer, i distinctly remember seeing u at lvl 4*
in the barrows learning the trade all other again, so did u come back? or is this still the new vestax?

sorry mate u have to appreciate i left albion shortly after so didn't know weather you came back or not.

S

spyte

Taroc well Umm was playing around with random generator then switched a few letters and voila :)

Breathing Helps well I thought of this name because I noticed Albions on Excalibur got very very excited whenever they saw my healer but failed to see the tanks next to me. Imagining all enemies to be like this I thought Calm controlled Breathing might help them focus. Also the surname comes from my Ideals I do so like to help if possible and have been known to die for the greater cause.

Spyte was originally going to be Spite but was not allowed so therefor a play on words it shows his role and still brings to mind the meaning behind it.

Guerrilla Warfare A scout what can i say but Hit from the shadows and run back to them, Soon found out I get hit from the shadows more than id like so he's on an extended vacation :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom