The question that has prolly been asked 100 times b4.

Acibeth

Fledgling Freddie
In that case im gonna be number 101 :)

My question is: Are there any way that I can eliminate the small bit of lag my 2nd account will get when running 2 accounts on 1 PC?

My system is a 3.2 Ghz with 1GB RAM, and heh, no matter what system you seem to have, there will always be lag on the "stuck" account.
Im not thinking about the ToA Lag problems and stuff thats another matter, but the fact that my 2nd char always gets behing and lag runs. Must say I cant see much difference in the actual speed of gameplay and alt+tabbing works really fast, compared to my old system.

All input and help appreciated :)

-Acibeth

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
yes there is, now i just know of the win2k/XP solution so.

press CTRL+ALT+Delete, then click the process(sp?) tab and look for game.dll (or .exe) cant remember and im at work) and put both of them on low priority. that will work alot smoother...

emma

Loyal Freddie
windowed mode seems to be suited to running 2 accounts on one machine. Windows doesnt seem to be that good at multitasking when running in full screen mode but does a hell of alot better in windowed mode.

Acibeth

Fledgling Freddie
Okay, well now I have tried both setting game.dll to low priority, but it seems to affect gameplay, simply begins chopping.

Anyhow, I still experience bot making lag ghosts, running in windowed mode without problems, same performance as before, but faster multitasking..

But what I seek is the solution for the system im running now, and no, dont want any tips with make a new PC etc heh, read somewhere this should run smoothly with faster PC's, just dont get why I still make lag-ghosts on the other account...

Thanks for the answers, guess there aint any real solution to this in my situation :)

-Acibeth

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
The lag occurs because the client running in the background is "called" less often than the main process. Hence it less often sends information to the server wich makes your bot lag-warp and loose stick.

The only way to get rid of this is a hyperthreading system. There is no solution for your current system due to the nature of your operating system.

Pogel

Fledgling Freddie
If you're using WinXP try setting DAOC to NT4 compatibility mode (from Properties...->Compatibility on your short-cut). Also switch off pre-caching. Setting the process priority might also help.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
hmm thats odd i run 2 acc's on 3.0ghz p4 (with HT ;) ) 1gb of ram perfectly smooth :p

bugsi

Fledgling Freddie
good gfx card and high ddr ram should do the thing:)

Cero

Fledgling Freddie
Like Jeriraa said, the only solution is Hyperthreading mode. The OS think you have 2 CPU's and can therefor update the background window more odten which results in no loosing stick or anything.

lzy

Fledgling Freddie
if u run w2k u can go into Properties and make w2k work as "Background services" oriented system and not "application oriented".
it helped me run 2 aqccs without any rpblem on w2k 3.0ghz, 1gb ram

Lzy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom