Hindus
Sikhs

aint running around blowing themselves up

Christians
Evangelicalians
Buddhists
Hindus
Sikhs

aint crying everytimes something happens they dont agree with.

Do you think

Christians
Evangelicalians
Buddhists
Hindus
Sikhs

would get the same freedom in a mulsim country as muslims get in non muslim countries?.

Maybe people are just getting fucked off with their constant crying, they should look closer to home for the cause of their problems and start respecting the laws and beliefs of the countries they live in.

I spend 4 weeks of out of every year in muslim countries, time and time again we are told to be aware of their customs and not offend, this means non muslim women covering up even if their religion doesnt require them to (i dont have a problem with this, it is their country). If we have to respect their ways when in their countries then the same should work the other way.

I wonder what would happen if a group of western women visited a Muslim country and started a protest in nothing but swimming costumes complaining about how they are persecuted for their religion and made to cover up. I bet they wont get the same freedom as the muslim hate preachers do in this country.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Overdriven said:
1) Yeah, I'm a student.
2) The biggest idiot was the guy in the 'rap' thread that was posted.
3) College scarf? I'm 'British', not American.

Why don't you say the same for every religion on the planet? Every sub-religion/cult?

I called you a 'fucking idiot' for the above remark, it's the 2nd most ignorant and 2nd most pathetic thing I've heard. Sure, that certain religion atm is causing the most problems. What about all the other ones? - How about if I said:

Etc?

It's shear idioticness. You talk about it being some sort of cancer to the world? Once again - Why not any other religion? Just because people are focused on this one (for the last; what ever amount of years)? Sheesh, look at all the other crap in the last 100-200 years based on a religious belief.

God dammit.

Nice attitude though, would be funny if it happened to everyone you loved (By the way, I'm white; ex-christian now atheist) - Fine, my comment wasn't exactly the right way to get around things, but...

"A stupid reply deserves another stupid reply"

No, moron, it wasnt was it. And I dont give a fuck about any other religion either. But the point is if I say "ALL ROMAN CATHOLICS ARE KIDDY FIDDLERS" I wont have a fatwah laid upon me, and no one will really mind either. Say it about Muslims and all hell would break loose.
Listen up. This is my opinion. All religion is a bit crap, but Muslim is utter mind control bullshit designed for third world countries. Which is fine with me. So long as it fucking well stays there.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
adams901 said:
Christians
Evangelicalians
Buddhists
Hindus
Sikhs

aint running around blowing themselves up

Christians
Evangelicalians
Buddhists
Hindus
Sikhs

aint crying everytimes something happens they dont agree with.

Oh dear.

Please look at America, please look at the sub-continents. Every religion has its problems, they blow each other up and they cry everytime they have something dont agree with, please dont think its soley a problem with Islam.

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
elaborate?

cant remember reading about catholics or christians blowing themselves up recently, and what about america? we are talking about religion not countries.

and its nice how you didnt have anything to say about..

I spend 4 weeks of out of every year in muslim countries, time and time again we are told to be aware of their customs and not offend, this means non muslim women covering up even if their religion doesnt require them to (i dont have a problem with this, it is their country). If we have to respect their ways when in their countries then the same should work the other way.

I wonder what would happen if a group of western women visited a Muslim country and started a protest in nothing but swimming costumes complaining about how they are persecuted for their religion and made to cover up. I bet they wont get the same freedom as the muslim hate preachers do in this country.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/5353850.stm

I know it's not been proven to be anything to do with the Pope's comments but if you read further down you'll notice..

On Friday, hardline cleric Sheikh Abubakar Hassan Malin told worshippers at his mosque to hunt down and kill whoever offended the Prophet Mohammed.
When people like this are the public face of your religion it's hard to put a point accross that "most" muslims are peaceful.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
WPKenny said:
When people like this are the public face of your religion it's hard to put a point accross that "most" muslims are peaceful.

Who is "Sheikh Abubakar Hassan Malin"?
My limited Google skills cannot find him.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Does anyone here actually think things are going to get any better rather than worse?

This I think this pretty much sums up non muslims views on the mentality of muslims

"On Friday, hardline cleric Sheikh Abubakar Hassan Malin told worshippers at his mosque to hunt down and kill whoever offended the Prophet Mohammed."

Islam doesn't appear to be reforming, it appears to be getting even more hostile. Plus muslims seem to get angsty about anything these days, and their demonstations on the streets calling for death to the west, burning flags, shooting nuns, and burning effigy just reinforces the view they are a bunch of savages.

As far as im concerned, I don't care what happens to them, they can all rot and die for all I care. The quicker we develop alternatives to oil, and have no use for the middle east the better I will feel.

Additionally they all seem to be on the verge of killing each other anyway. Lets just hope they can go all the way.

//edit kenny got their first :) with the sheikh quote. He's from those Somali Islamic Courts.

Damn somone beat me to the ideas pitch lol http://www.cafepress.com/buy/jihad/-/pv_design_prod/pg_1/p_storeid.48988154/pNo_48988154/id_11313383/opt_/fpt_/c_360/

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Islam in 3rd world countries is like christianity pre-industrialisation, ie fascist, violent and corrupt.

In civilised countries its fine, just like christianity.

Really the problem is nutjobs who use religion as an excuse - look at some of the christians in the US....jayzuz.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
adams901 said:
elaborate?

cant remember reading about catholics or christians blowing themselves up recently, and what about america? we are talking about religion not countries.

and its nice how you didnt have anything to say about..
You don't remember the IRA or the christian Militia groups in the us recently then. No to mention the hindu/sikh/muslim situation in the indian subcontinent. The Tamils do a great line in bombings too.
And those pesky athist Maoist rebels in burma and other places like nothing better than a nice bombing. A suspect there are buddhist terrorists somewhere too.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
yaruar said:
You don't remember the IRA or the christian Militia groups in the us recently then. No to mention the hindu/sikh/muslim situation in the indian subcontinent. The Tamils do a great line in bombings too.
And those pesky athist Maoist rebels in burma and other places like nothing better than a nice bombing. A suspect there are buddhist terrorists somewhere too.

Stop talking sense you leftist pussy! This thread is for extremists :cool:

throdgrain

FH is my second home
ECA said:
Islam in 3rd world countries is like christianity pre-industrialisation, ie fascist, violent and corrupt.

In civilised countries its fine, just like christianity.

Really the problem is nutjobs who use religion as an excuse - look at some of the christians in the US....jayzuz.

Well said. Thing is theres a lot of Islamic nutjobs about .

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
yaruar said:
You don't remember the IRA or the Christian Militia groups in the us recently then. No to mention the hindu/sikh/muslim situation in the indian subcontinent. The Tamils do a great line in bombings too.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but the IRA bombings in the UK were not based on religion but on the fact they didn't want us over there? As for the other points you mention, you may be right I don't really concern myself with them as they don't directly effect me. But as far as I know it is only the Muslims calling for the west to be wiped out and taking an active role in it, and then crying when something bad is said about them.

There seem to be many Mosque leaders preaching hate and encouraging the destruction of the western world, haven't heard of many priests or vicars encouraging their local Sunday congregation to go and kill as many Muslims as they can.

Instead of complaining about what other people think about their religion they should put effort into stopping the people from within their own ranks who give it such a bad name.

in muslim countries, time and time again we are told to be aware of their customs and not offend, this means non muslim women covering up even if their religion doesnt require them to (i dont have a problem with this, it is their country). If we have to respect their ways when in their countries then the same should work the other way.

throdgrain

FH is my second home

I bet they bloody wont :) Amazing how the womens liberation movement in the west stfu about Islam too innit ?

rynnor

Rockhound
throdgrain said:
I bet they bloody wont :) Amazing how the womens liberation movement in the west stfu about Islam too innit ?

It upsets their feeling of self righteousness to feel they might be labelled racist.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
did you know they also want to take control of the word c.unt so it loses its domination over them when us blokes use it.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
They can't take back ****! They don't have the balls!

Now porchmonkey, we can take that back!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
yaruar said:

The IRA were drawn from the catholic community, but their objectives were/are nationalist, not religious. In fact, the modern IRA's roots are Marxist. The Christian militia groups in the US don't carry out bombings (with one big exception) and generally are about being left alone by Federal government rather than religious conviction. The Tamils are fighting a war on Ethnic, not religious lines.

No-one's arguing that Islam is the cause of all the world's woes and that there aren't any other nutjobs out there, but what's different about hard-core Islam is that its objectives are incompatible with our way of life; you can negotiate with someone who's aims are about ethnicity or national identity or territory; its a bit more difficult with someone who basically says convert or die (which is Wahabism in a nutshell).

You always have to take media-generated Islamophobia with a pinch of salt, becuase our media aren't necessarily to be trusted, but, if you actually read the Pope's lecture, (which clearly none of these rent-a-quote Islamic clerics have) it was about a point of theology related to the God as a rational diety, and the quotes he used were part of a dialogue between a Byzantine (Christian) emperor and a Persian (Islamic) cleric. The key is that they were part of a dialogue between a Christian and a Moslem; something which is clearly no longer allowed.

Bottom line IMHO is that no religion stands up to close scrutiny, but whereas Christianity is prepared to debate this with its critics Islam lacks the self-confidence to do the same. What they need is an Islamic Martin Luther nailing his theses to a Mosque door somewhere. Problem is he'd probably get his head cut off.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
What they actually need to do is FUCK OFF ,or have I said that before :(

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
The protests have been relatively small and contained. It's not something I would class as representative of an entire religion.

If the Pope were to prepare a report of crimes committed by followers of religion - including Christianity - I doubt anyone would react so strongly. As it is, he's seen to be reviving medieval propoganda and he provoked a medieval reaction.

These incidents are given greater significance in the media, to stop people from focusing on real issues.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Escape said:
The protests have been relatively small and contained. It's not something I would class as representative of an entire religion.

If the Pope were to prepare a report of crimes committed by followers of religion - including Christianity - I doubt anyone would react so strongly. As it is, he's seen to be reviving medieval propoganda and he provoked a medieval reaction.

These incidents are given greater significance in the media, to stop people from focusing on real issues.

What about the protests post scandanavian cartoons of the prophet mohammed?

Was that just hyped by the media or did you miss the widespread rioting/carnage?

If you told a christian Jesus was a homo you'd get a laugh, say it about Mohammed and you'll get raped in the ass.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
The post above was related to the recent protests, which I'll make clear now if it wasn't obvious.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Sorry to say Escape, but you might still be very wrong if they can prove a link between the reaction to the Pope and the nun getting killed.

Zill

Loyal Freddie
ECA said:
What about the protests post scandanavian cartoons of the prophet mohammed?

Was that just hyped by the media or did you miss the widespread rioting/carnage?

If you told a christian Jesus was a homo you'd get a laugh, say it about Mohammed and you'll get raped in the ass.

The thing is the cartoon wasn't even of the prophet Mohammed, that's how it was interpruted by the media. And they've done the same again by blowing out of proportion the Pope's speech that nobody need not of heard about.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
WPKenny said:
Sorry to say Escape, but you might still be very wrong if they can prove a link between the reaction to the Pope and the nun getting killed.

Wrong how?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
DaGaffer said:
but, if you actually read the Pope's lecture, (which clearly none of these rent-a-quote Islamic clerics have) it was about a point of theology related to the God as a rational diety, and the quotes he used were part of a dialogue between a Byzantine (Christian) emperor and a Persian (Islamic) cleric. The key is that they were part of a dialogue between a Christian and a Moslem; something which is clearly no longer allowed.

Finally somebody has bothered to put into context the Pope's quote.

Religion isn't the problem. People fight over territory and power, and organised religion is just one convenient way to gain power. Control a church, and you have access to a large number of people who will feel forced to do your bidding.

Thankfully in this country the church's input to politics and the running of our country has been sidelined, and politicians pay only lip-service to religion and their duties.

Its been said a million times and I'm surprised anybody needs it reiterating; its only a handful of religious extremists who cause the problem. Everybody else just shrugs their shoulders and says "who cares, Corrie is on telly tonight". The extremists may have a loud voice, but the silence from the mainstream followers of religion is deafening.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Their bible the Koran says to 'strike down followers of other gods wherever you may find them' or some such passage. I think its the religion and the followers that is the problem.

They treat their women like shit and the women are meant to be ok with it, if a woman is raped they can be killed for adultery, sounds like a really peaceful religion doesn't it?

Fuck 'em.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
and yet the Christian God sent down various plagues and floods to sort out anybody he didn't like. Nice.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Escape said:
Wrong how?
Escape said:
The protests have been relatively small and contained.
I don't see how shooting a 70yr old nun and her body guard because of religion can be considered "a small incident".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom