The Perfect Albion RvR Group?

K

K0nah

Such as is possible with what Mythic have given us of course ;)

What might it be?

My view is this:

2 Air Theurg - Synced 10sec pbt, good nukes, useful pets, short duration ae mezz (offence)
2 Clerics - Healing/resist buffs/stat buffs/BoF/pbaoe mezz and most importantly stun (defence)
1 Pally - Slam, Faith Heal, Chants, soon Endurance Regen/Emergency rez and he can even do a bit of dmg (def/off)
1 Armsman/Merc - Hybrid Slam/Pole, tap em unwrap em/Rip em up (off/def, if merc offence)
1 Friar - Base buffs, resist buffs, backup healer/rezzer and stick maniac. (off/def)
1 Minstrel - Speed/stun/mezz/demezz/aoe mezz/melee/sos (off/def)

Sorc? Cabalist? Wizard? Another tank? Whats missing??

O

old.Odysseus

Radical, but here goes:
1 cleric
1 mincer
1 theurg (earth/ice pref)
2 pala (at least one S/S)
1 friar
2 arms (hybrid spec; slam+pole)

1 pala is defensive (on theurg mainly), other offensive
friar offensive
cleric heals + bof
theurg for buff + 6 sec pbt + single+aoe roots
armsmen offensive
mincer demezz, singlemezz, sos

This group is much more geared towards slamming into the enemy and tearing him apart than the 'normal' setup albion tends to strive for.

T

Tyka

Seriously tho

Sorc, Minstrel, Earth theurg (6 sec pbt), 1 shield speced pally, friar, cleric, + 2 random dmg dealers, would be great if it was 2 fire wizards and sorc debuffs heat, they n00k etc, anyways i think those first 6 classes are _needed_ to make a balanced rvr group in alb.

J

Jiggs

1 Full Body Sorcerer
1 Balanced Sorcerer (say 34mind at least)
1 Air Theurg
1 Merc
1 Friar
1 Shiled Pally/Arms
1 Cleric
1 Minstrel

you can swap the body sorc for a wizz, the reason i chose the body sorce is because you get good damage output AND extra CC

the vital point about this group is incredibly simple to grasp:

massive aoe root (sorc)
good aoe mezz (other sorc)
ok aoe mezz (theurg/minc)
good single target mezz (minc)

also 4x stunn with air pets, minc, cleric and shield tank.

good pbt is only really missing thing here.

T

Tilda

Cleric - Amb
Mincer - Sarsur
Theurg - Strondor
Wizard - Wildfire
Pally - Farek
Sorcerer - Apathy
Fast dammage dealer (merc/friar) -Alithiel
Cabalist (well i had to include myself :) )

That would be a pretty good group, mabey ill try that tonight.

Tilda

K

K0nah

Originally posted by old.Odysseus
Radical, but here goes:
1 cleric
1 mincer
1 theurg (earth/ice pref)
2 pala (at least one S/S)
1 friar
2 arms (hybrid spec; slam+pole)

1 pala is defensive (on theurg mainly), other offensive
friar offensive
cleric heals + bof
theurg for buff + 6 sec pbt + single+aoe roots
armsmen offensive
mincer demezz, singlemezz, sos

This group is much more geared towards slamming into the enemy and tearing him apart than the 'normal' setup albion tends to strive for.

1 cleric really isnt enuf in my experience, doesnt take much to make a single healer unable to do his job, vs hibs u will find a druid or chanter pet on the cleric almost instantly assuming a tank isnt on him/her.

6sec pbt is nice but isnt 5sec stacked pbt better? your primary dmg dealers appear to be tanks which will suffer somewhat from stacked 6sec pbt the hibs run (especially pole users), 2 air theurg will drop a mezzed grp much faster than any tanks will, course the chances of u dropping a hib grp in this fashion since the introduction of Group Purge are very slim in any case.

yeh i agree alb rvr grps tend to mirror basic alb pve configs more than anything, what we need to do is see those hibs/mids as gobos, then u get the idea im striving for ;)

A

Apathy

:wub:

I'm not really into the whole "perfect RvR group" mentality. What makes a good group a successful group is more often down to the people, not the classes.

The perfect RvR group would be me and my in-game friends, just doing stuff automatically and not worrying about who does what.

a.

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Tilda
Cleric - Amb
Mincer - Sarsur
Theurg - Strondor
Wizard - Wildfire
Pally - Farek
Sorcerer - Apathy
Cabalist (well i had to include myself :) )

That would be a pretty good group, mabey ill try that tonight.

Tilda

Missed one Tilda, and thats alot of squishy casters for the hib tanks to chew on after the Group Purge.

Oh and Wildfire isnt in FC ;)

E

Eof

RvR groups

That group sounds kinda familiar Jiggs...

Cleric
Friar
Body Sorc
Theurg
Pala
Merc

This seemed to work quite well with a variation of mincer, extra theurg, extra cleric filling the last two spots.

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by ApathyEndymion

I'm not really into the whole "perfect RvR group" mentality. What makes a good group a successful group is more often down to the people, not the classes.

Exactly :)

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Tyka
Seriously tho

Sorc, Minstrel, Earth theurg (6 sec pbt), 1 shield speced pally, friar, cleric, + 2 random dmg dealers, would be great if it was 2 fire wizards and sorc debuffs heat, they n00k etc, anyways i think those first 6 classes are _needed_ to make a balanced rvr group in alb.

aye debuffing is a new concept for albs it seems, but its rare u get the approriate classes in the same grp also, ie sorcs.

K

K0nah

The perfect RvR group would be me and my in-game friends, just doing stuff automatically and not worrying about who does what.

a.

its theoretical. we all want to play with ppl we like and trust to do thier jobs well. assuming we do find the perfect theoretical alb rvr grp, the chances of having all the classes available at any one time on a regular basis is remote, unless the guild in question is huge and then what are the "sub-optimal" classes gonna say when they never get grps? ;)

its an excercise. food for thought. nothing more.

A

alithiel50

It's not possible to have a 'perfect' Alb RvR group, as it's not possible to have 10-12 people in a group.....

Originally posted by Tyka
Seriously tho

It should be pointed out that the Earth Theurgist is a Myth.... they simply don't exist! :rolleyes:

I did know a couple of Theurgists who had 8 sec PBT, but they respecced and now only have the 10 sec.

And Tilda.... since you only listed 7 people in your FC group, I'll have the last spot... I'm going to be VERY useful in a group after the next patch! ;)

T

Tilda

ok... but why will you be more usefull after the patch.
secondly i didnt say it was an FC group, and if i was leading a group he would be welcome anyway.
I guess you can have the last space, although metalwolf is very tempting, he is very good at running up and slamming people on me just at the right time.

Tilda

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by alithiel50

It should be pointed out that the Earth Theurgist is a Myth.... they simply don't exist! :rolleyes:

tell that to my guild... we have 2 theurgs with 6s pbt, will have 4 if the other two level up some...

F

Flimgoblin

prevent flight...
one in three rear attacks will proc a 50% stacking, unbreakable snare that lasts 10 seconds.

On a hasted, dual wielding merc - that's painful :)

L

Legaoniel_v

perfect group

7 enchanters and a cabailist (to make the tea)

oops..wrong forum...

A

Apathy

On a hasted, dual wielding merc that spends a lot of time staring at peoples asses...

a.

K

K0nah

Radical Plan B:

4 Fire Wiz - use aoe exclusively picking targets on a N-S-E-W basis
1 Theurg - pbt/pet spam/root/dd any strays
1 Mincer - power song ;)
1 Cleric - just in case
1 Paladin - full defence spec, on the theurg

insta mezz kinda pisses on this bonfire tho and if u do try it remember /effects none and no sorcs within a half mile radius or you'll need earplugs :p

I'd really love to see Fire Wiz aoe used more in rvr its a powerful tool. course the conventional wisdom is mezz em and kill one at a time. sure that works (GrpPurge?) but its slow. try it at tanglers, trust me aoe rox.

:flame:

D

dakeyras

I think determination 4 and purge (both at reduced cost) when combined with 'charge' will make the merc the ideal caster killer

A

Apathy

5 ice wizards
1 rej cleric
2 earth theurgists with sync'd PBT.

Lots of hibs/mids standing close together and not moving.

a.

K

K0nah

5 ice wizards
1 rej cleric
2 earth theurgists with sync'd PBT.

Lots of hibs/mids standing close together and not moving.

a.

u just have to go 1 better dont u!!1 :m00:

find me 1 ice wizard :(

one thing alb aint short of is fire wizards. ill see ur 5 ice wizards and raise u 1 fire wiz.

6 fire wizards
1cleric
1theurg

G

Genesis_of_Ak

The perfect group. Meaning what ? What are you benchmarking this too ? Lets get terminology right. Use relative performance. You lot are comparing cheese and chalk. Groups can be composed of elements based for any purpose, generic, specific, PVE, PVP, Guild, etc. At the end of the day there's a person at the end of the modem. That person decides if he's a good player. Eight such people determine the efficacy of a group.

/yawn

F

Flimgoblin

Re: Radical Plan B:

Originally posted by K0nah
try it at tanglers, trust me aoe rox.

shame enemies tend to not stick together quite so well behaved as tanglers :(

that and you see

You hit bignastyhib for 50(-150)
rather than
You hit pygmy goblin tangler for 300(+100)

but more aoe is good :D

O

old.Gombur Glodson

2 air theurgs,
1 fire wiz
1 body sorc
1 minstrel
1 s/s paladin
1 cleric
1 friar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom