Votes: 18 3.0%
  • I couldn't care less

Votes: 92 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Dr_Evil said:
And btw the short version about have happened so far: (in case you wouldn't know)

-Abion's night owls steal the power relic from Hiberia in the middle of the night, when there's no chance to defend.

-Hibernians are devestated and feels they aren't strong enough to take the relic back.

-Tedious Ten downgrade Renaris (where the relic is placed) to level 1, in good intentions to save the cluster.

-A good portion of Albion starts a flame war against TT.

-The strength relic is stolen from Hibernia the night after in the same manner.
Update:
-TT and Black Falcon (whom had handed over the keep to TT) members has been given a 5 day suspension by Goa for this noble act, and have become martyrs.

-The GM of TT have stated that he quit.

-The majority of Hiberian guilds release their keeps/towers in protest.

-A large portion of the community signs a petition against Goa.

-Albion goes on a keep-taking pve frenzy in Hibernia and paints it all red.

-The Red Shadows Alliance of Midgard states they will not attack Hibernia until they've rebuilt, and concentrate their entire force on besieging Albion and defending Midgard.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
- The FH drama rises to an unstable level of amusement.

:D

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Seems GOA have supported the minority in this case, become the worst griefers of all times themselves, and lost it's credibility with the majority. Well done Goa, congratulations.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Writing was on the wall when they brought in the emote spam bans, bunch of anal retentives who listen to the lowest common denominator.

/rude
/rude
/rude
/rude
/rude​

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
Yes, it's like Jade Constantine came all over the forums.

You should expand on this point for those who do not know her.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Sharkith said:
You should expand on this point for those who do not know her.

She is so famous, you can google her. Her as in female MMORPG char in EVE Online. He used to win games on the forums, plotting, playing the smart french political drama queen. Basicly the best forum warrior the MMORPG world has ever seen. Some adore him I find him disgusting ;).

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
She is so famous, you can google her. Her as in female MMORPG char in EVE Online. He used to win games on the forums, plotting, playing the smart french political drama queen. Basicly the best forum warrior the MMORPG world has ever seen. Some adore him I find him disgusting ;).

You know I was in Jericho Fraction on Eve for a few months then playing with her and others?

I found them to be much more respectful that most here.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Sharkith said:
You know I was in Jericho Fraction on Eve for a few months then playing with her and others?

I found them to be much more respectful that most here.

Ah, hello. I was Molly/Sally in Space Invaders and later Corp 1.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
Ah, hello. I was Molly/Sally in Space Invaders and later Corp 1.

Sharken here, though I sold that toon and started a new one - I still have a toon there for relaxing PvE and to get away from the pain here. :)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Latest patch looks good - pity I am stuck doing PvE on Avalon though :<

Blow

Fledgling Freddie
prodical said:
IF im not mistaken didnt CM release Crim not so long back because they got so much hassle over taking the keep in the AM ? Isn't this against the ''spirit of the game'' and in turn disrupting the game play for there own realm?

We claimed Crim in the evening, we released it a couple days later because after 3-4 days spamming in
/broad and in /as if there was any guild that where able to claim towers in Albion (where lots of towers
unclaimed), so after the 3-4 days all was still unclaimed we decided to release Crim and claim hurbury tower 3

Since we prefer to have a safe albion frontier above holding a keep in emain that provide iRvr. After we
claimed Hurb t4 other guilds started to claim the other unclaimed towers.

So we did not set Crim to level 1, and Crim was not holding a relic at that time.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Blow said:
We claimed Crim in the evening, we released it a couple days later because after 3-4 days spamming in
/broad and in /as if there was any guild that where able to claim towers in Albion (where lots of towers
unclaimed), so after the 3-4 days all was still unclaimed we decided to release Crim and claim hurbury tower 3

Since we prefer to have a safe albion frontier above holding a keep in emain that provide iRvr. After we
claimed Hurb t4 other guilds started to claim the other unclaimed towers.

So we did not set Crim to level 1, and Crim was not holding a relic at that time.
Clearly against the spirit of the game, as you made up your own choice about what to do with the keep. Ban them! :(

Dr_Evil said:
Clearly against the spirit of the game, as you made up your own choice about what to do with the keep. Ban them! :(

Agreed, if GoA where to be consistent with their former intrperation of the Sotg act, then Blow and any other CM person involved in the decision/action should have a 5 day ban.

They singlehandly decided what was the was the best for their whole realm, irvr or claiming a tower.

BAN BAN BAN!

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
looks to me that a few albs are really turts, and the rest of the cluster is ok

(Even though; come play avalon)

Preatoria

Loyal Freddie
AngelHeal said:
looks to me that a few albs are really turts, and the rest of the cluster is ok

(Even though; come play avalon)

pl me and i will :p

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
No problem with what TT did. My view is they were trying to maintain a healthy balance between the realms.

I believe that GOA should stay out of server issues like this and adopt a EVE like approach. Maintain a tight control of bug abuse. Maybe spend more time concentrating on merging this server with US or Avalon. While there is a population to merge and a large enough population to stop the Early Morning crews and their merry antics.

The abuse of relics (I deem this abuse), since relics were meant as a realm event and not a opportunity for a small group to knock down doors. Lies in the fact that this would not have happened if the relics were sitting behind the doors of OF Relic keeps. With rows and rows of purple guards and required a bloody army to knock them down. My only grumble with NF is relic control, its to open to abuse.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
SkarIronfist said:
I believe that GOA should stay out of server issues like this and adopt a EVE like approach. Maintain a tight control of bug abuse.

CCP is EXTREMLY slow on fixing bugs and CCP interfers with the server a lot. Examples?

Took them 6 months to fix the sensor dampening bug, even it was documented very well and bug reported and even it cost a lot of people lots of ships. When the community was getting more and more mad about this they started to threaten their own players with bans when they would use the modules that are bugged instead of fixing it.

They haven't fixed log on/off exploits for years and actually don't ban people for that.

People who used the click bug to gain more skill points didn't have their skill points taken back.

They had a roque GM giving away ultra rare and expensive expensive loot to one player buddy.

GMs have been teleporting PK'ers out of solar systems to protect some noobs and GMs have been warning people and banning them in the same manner GoA did with TT by saying 'it is not intended to do this like this, it is against the spirit/design of the game' (see Zombies/Yulai or Molly/Tank CEO vs 1.0 systems).

CCP has killed a lot of player invented proffessions and they never intended to have a fair balance between certain player arche types (realms don't exist there, it mostly player driven).

Just a few examples.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
CCP is EXTREMLY slow on fixing bugs and CCP interfers with the server a lot. Examples?

CCP has killed a lot of player invented proffessions and they never intended to have a fair balance between certain player arche types (realms don't exist there, it mostly player driven).

Just a few examples.

I would expect any MMORPG company to be facing the same issues GOA has had to face here. On another note Eveonline now has 35K playing it at peek times. The numbers playing it have risen to that from 15k just over a year ago.

Are the numbers playing DAOC rising in a similar fashion....

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:

Took them 6 months to fix the sensor dampening bug, even it was documented very well and bug reported and even it cost a lot of people lots of ships. When the community was getting more and more mad about this they started to threaten their own players with bans when they would use the modules that are bugged instead of fixing it.

They haven't fixed log on/off exploits for years and actually don't ban people for that.

People who used the click bug to gain more skill points didn't have their skill points taken back.

They had a roque GM giving away ultra rare and expensive expensive loot to one player buddy.

GMs have been teleporting PK'ers out of solar systems to protect some noobs and GMs have been warning people and banning them in the same manner GoA did with TT by saying 'it is not intended to do this like this, it is against the spirit/design of the game' (see Zombies/Yulai or Molly/Tank CEO vs 1.0 systems).

Just a few examples.

Sorry you misunderstood. I was not talking about CCPs control of bugs. I was talking about CCPs handling of what actually goes on in the server. The population is left to them selves. In the context of this discussion, we are talking about the morality of what was done. MMORPG Companies should focus on the game itself, but thats digressing onto a completely different subject.

GOA/Mythic should focus on bugs and things that really effect us, like declining popultaion. Not realm issues like what went on with the keeps being lowered, this is a player/realm problem and we should be left to deal with it ourselves. Not that there will ever be an resolution to this agrument. The 2 sides are diametrically opposed.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Jupiter said:
The poll suggests that the majority of the SERVER agree with TT's actions, or are u too dumb to see that? Alot of crap has been spouted on this forum the last few days by people who cant see beyond the end of their noses

God forbid someone should express an opinion different from yours :twak:

Personally I was not playing at the time and don't really care too much if I'm honest. Just waiting for WH and AoC to start up :)

Do think people need to chill a bit. After all it's only a bloody game!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Konstantin said:
proooof it .. else it doesnt mean a shit me personly dont think you have friends, so im seriusly dont think anyone Pm´d you :puke:

I PM'd him :p His PoV was valid, you might not agree with it but it was a valid arguement. If anything proved by GOA's actions.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Hawkwind said:
God forbid someone should express an opinion different from yours :twak:

Personally I was not playing at the time and don't really care too much if I'm honest. Just waiting for WH and AoC to start up :)

Do think people need to chill a bit. After all it's only a bloody game!

did u actually read the post that i was replying to? i didnt express my opinion i examined the facts and the facts at the time and still are that nearly 66% of the SERVER population that use FH have no problem with TT's action, are u too dumb to see that also?

Gamah

Banned
Jupiter said:
did u actually read the post that i was replying to? i didnt express my opinion i examined the facts and the facts at the time and still are that nearly 66% of the SERVER population that use FH have no problem with TT's action, are u too dumb to see that also?

OMG END OF ZE WORLD!

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Jupiter said:

Fact is that not everyone playing DAoC visits this forum and alot of people that do not play DAoC anymore voted on this poll which means the poll is utter useless to take into consideration regarding any statistics, or are you too dumb to see that?

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
Fact is that not everyone playing DAoC visits this forum and alot of people that do not play DAoC anymore voted on this poll which means the poll is utter useless to take into consideration regarding any statistics, or are you too dumb to see that?

here will i put it in bold large writing for u dear???

Jupiter said:

Gamah, u luv me u know u do............:touch:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
so they got banned for downgrading a keep that held a relic?

thats griefing how?

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Ctuchik said:
so they got banned for downgrading a keep that held a relic?

thats griefing how?

I will explain this later - we need to clear this up hopefully to bring it to a close and to make it all very clear.

Andrilyn said:

As for responses like this - they miss the point. Its a poll. Last time I checked polls are and never were intended to be representative of a population as a whole. They are a very useful tool to get current opinion from an unrepresentative group. Another thing if they did nothing why the fuck does government for example run its whole policy by them?

You can also do statistics on them those statistics are just not population statistics.

If your going to call people dumb you ought not to make yourself look dumb in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom