• I belong to no/many realms and I disagree with TT

Votes: 18 3.0%
  • I couldn't care less

Votes: 92 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Yes we needed another thread with a poll about this. (My first poll actually, something might go wrong.)

After reading about some of the first 10 pages of Muy's thread and then skipping 20 pages and reading from page 30 to 40 (no way I cba to read through all the 43 pages lol), it seems to me there are few albs who share TT's views on this. While mids/hibs agree this was a good effort by TT to try doing something good for the cluster.

I'm interested in seeing what the different parts of the communty thinks, and who are the majority / minority.

Is this gonna start a civil war in Albion? How much will Hibernia take before they reunite and show us a sign of strength again, or have they given up and believe this is doom? How long will Midgard stand by and watch Hibernia getting bullied by a bunch of Albs, before they intervene and start some violence and destruction?

QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
Dr_Evil said:
Yes we needed another thread with a poll about this. (My first poll actually, something might go wrong.)

After reading about some of the first 10 pages of Muy's thread and then skipping 20 pages and reading from page 30 to 40 (no way I cba to read through all the 43 pages lol), it seems to me there are few albs who share TT's views on this. While mids/hibs agree this was a good effort by TT to try doing something good for the cluster.

I'm interested in seeing what the different parts of the communty thinks, and who are the majority / minority.

Is this gonna start a civil war in Albion? How much will Hibernia take before they reunite and show us a sign of strength again, or have they given up and believe this is doom? How long will Midgard stand by and watch Hibernia getting bullied by a bunch of Albs, before they intervene and start some violence and destruction?[/QUOT

i dont care either way i can see both sides to what they done.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Short refery

And btw the short version about have happened so far: (in case you wouldn't know)

-Abion's night owls steal the power relic from Hiberia in the middle of the night, when there's no chance to defend.

-Hibernians are devestated and feels they aren't strong enough to take the relic back.

-Tedious Ten downgrade Renaris (where the relic is placed) to level 1, in good intentions to save the cluster.

-A good portion of Albion starts a flame war against TT.

-The strength relic is stolen from Hibernia the night after in the same manner.

buffswithlove

Loyal Freddie
shame we was dual logged tonight in renaris but i think its my new home for farming rps =) with nice fg heh.

Deerstalker

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with what TT has done, and if my Hero and Warden were high enough level I would be out trying to get the relic back to hib.

Saying that,
the cluster needs to start taking the realm mission seriously and not just hanging around the bridges, when there's a keep take in progress everyone profits, fgvsfg's wander out of range of the keeps, solo'ers camping drop offs, zergs doing the sieges etc. I feel that most of the boredom of the server and the declining numbers is due to nobody taking any initiative on what to do.

Alb in notts earlier this week was a refreshing change, so tired of running around beno / berks / eras or Crim -> crauch looking for something to do.
Maybe head off and try and complete the realm mission each night would bring some variation into the rvr scene.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Would hold it a bit more but i guess, at least for what matters FH ppl, the poll is a clear slap in the face to all the Renegade Witch Hunters around here ^^

swifteagle

Fledgling Freddie
And this poll will prove what exactly ?

That Hibs and Mids will of course agree with it because it benefits them the most,some albs will agree some will disagree.

The next time hibs and mids decide that for the good of the community its time to join forces and take albs relics will they take any notice of albs saying this isnt fair,its not good for the community or worry about the fact that they are causing an inbalance because they have 10% extra damage ?

Of course not because then they have it and its fair when its an advantage to them and they then dont really care about their "friends" in alb.

People are talking about respect and making moral choices etc but all these things need some sort of earning,you dont slap someone around the face and then expect them to respect you when you say you want to be friends because it suits you do you ?

Yes everyone is a person behind that toon but as in life everyone treats people in a different way and judging by alot of the posts on here and in game actions not very many respect other people or all the things that have caused people to moan over the years wouldnt have happened and your not going to change it now just because what you have contributed to has caused the server to slowly die.

The next time you roll over that soloer or zerg down that fg or add to a fair fight or join another realms fight to grab a relic or anything else that could annoy someone are you going to sit there and think, I shouldnt do this its helping to destroy the server or if you've done it in the past did you think it then ?

Doubtful but that sort of thing is exactly why people get annoyed and over time get fed up with the game.

pip

Banned
I think they are right in doing it:) but imo they could leave the dam gates open, hibs would still be too lazy to go there:)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
swifteagle said:

That Hibs and Mids will of course agree with it because it benefits them the most,some albs will agree some will disagree.

The next time hibs and mids decide that for the good of the community its time to join forces and take albs relics will they take any notice of albs saying this isnt fair,its not good for the community or worry about the fact that they are causing an inbalance because they have 10% extra damage ?

Of course not because then they have it and its fair when its an advantage to them and they then dont really care about their "friends" in alb.

People are talking about respect and making moral choices etc but all these things need some sort of earning,you dont slap someone around the face and then expect them to respect you when you say you want to be friends because it suits you do you ?

Yes everyone is a person behind that toon but as in life everyone treats people in a different way and judging by alot of the posts on here and in game actions not very many respect other people or all the things that have caused people to moan over the years wouldnt have happened and your not going to change it now just because what you have contributed to has caused the server to slowly die.

The next time you roll over that soloer or zerg down that fg or add to a fair fight or join another realms fight to grab a relic or anything else that could annoy someone are you going to sit there and think, I shouldnt do this its helping to destroy the server or if you've done it in the past did you think it then ?

Doubtful but that sort of thing is exactly why people get annoyed and over time get fed up with the game.

When was last time that Mids or Hibs actually tried to take one of alb relics? 5 Months ago? 8 Months ago?

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
swifteagle said:

The poll suggests that the majority of the SERVER agree with TT's actions, or are u too dumb to see that? Alot of crap has been spouted on this forum the last few days by people who cant see beyond the end of their noses

swifteagle

Fledgling Freddie
Jupiter said:
The poll suggests that the majority of the SERVER agree with TT's actions, or are u too dumb to see that?

Thanks and you just proved my point,I didnt say I agreed or disagreed with what happened,I put forward a view as to what the result would be and what I see as the reasons why in a reasonable way without insulting anyone and your reply is as above ;)

Lorgeil

One of Freddy's beloved
pip said:
I think they are right in doing it:) but imo they could leave the dam gates open, hibs would still be too lazy to go there:)
pip its not about being lazy or not. Simple the matter of the realm size, Hib is "underpuplated" in the night around 24:00 to 6:00 if you do /who all on hib you see 50 - 60 hibs online. And if you also Alt+Tab and see how many there is online you mayby see around 300 on the cluster. wher 70% of those there is online on hib is PvEing where mayby last 15% is bb for the ppl out running and the last 15% is the ppl that run solo or small groups. And if you are in a toa / Cata / Normal zone you will on /rw that there is no flames on the keeps. so for those there is PvEing and don't realy look in /as. or anything like that they have no Clue what so ever happing in hib rvr zone. alot of times i have been farming some items i need in pve zone and sutendly it say Crau - Bolg etc. has been taken by Alb/Mid. So it not about being lazy it simple just we dont know and we are underpuplated. An do not see any point in sitting up hole night if people has Work, School etc. to defending the realm

Real life first = Gaming after!

Lorgeil

One of Freddy's beloved
Gahn said:
When was last time that Mids or Hibs actually tried to take one of alb relics? 5 Months ago? 8 Months ago?
Gahn we had relic a few time, on the Mastard Mass RvR events but they were lost the same night

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Dr_Evil said:
-A good portion of Albion starts a flame war against TT.

Hmm...are you sure its a "good portion" of the Albion community and not just a few loudly voiced FH trollers?

(Thats the picture Im getting both from this vote and from the thread anyway)

Basically it looks to me like a "good portion" rather agrees with them, atleast on principle...

Lorgeil said:
Gahn we had relic a few time, on the Mastard Mass RvR events but they were lost the same night
And that is whats breaking the spirit of the lowpop realms, not to mention the spirit of the game rvr overall.
When there is no point in actually attacking the other realms, because there will be no one that can defend what ever you gain, there just isnt any point at all doing anything else but fg vs fg or doorstepping. So in the end what is bringing down the server in a hard way is the ACraid teams. They just dont understand it yet, or dont understand that it will eventually impact equally hard on everyone in the game.

TT noticed this, understood it, and tried to make a point about it...good going TT!

/Charmangle

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Lorgeil said:

It was when Albs decided (oh the mighty Realm Roleplayers) that it was easier to lose their relics cause the AC crew would have retaken em in the morning.
And we were there to retake ours one for starters :)

pip

Banned
Lorgeil said:
pip its not about being lazy or not. Simple the matter of the realm size, Hib is "underpuplated" in the night around 24:00 to 6:00 if you do /who all on hib you see 50 - 60 hibs online. And if you also Alt+Tab and see how many there is online you mayby see around 300 on the cluster. wher 70% of those there is online on hib is PvEing where mayby last 15% is bb for the ppl out running and the last 15% is the ppl that run solo or small groups. And if you are in a toa / Cata / Normal zone you will on /rw that there is no flames on the keeps. so for those there is PvEing and don't realy look in /as. or anything like that they have no Clue what so ever happing in hib rvr zone. alot of times i have been farming some items i need in pve zone and sutendly it say Crau - Bolg etc. has been taken by Alb/Mid. So it not about being lazy it simple just we dont know and we are underpuplated. An do not see any point in sitting up hole night if people has Work, School etc. to defending the realm

Real life first = Gaming after!
Well it is friday get em back set alarm clocks

Lorgeil

One of Freddy's beloved
pip said:
Well it is friday get em back set alarm clocks
well i don't like the so called Alarm clock ide. i personaly think it show that ppl lack on skillz and cant do it doring primtime.

Craparoni

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
It was when Albs decided (oh the mighty Realm Roleplayers) that it was easier to lose their relics cause the AC crew would have retaken em in the morning.
And we were there to retake ours one for starters :)

Hehe, i remember that one. both alb relic gates was open, mid took strength and hibs took power, and albs was camping keep containing hib relic. same night both alb relics was AC'ed back.:m00:

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
As if freddyshouse is representative for the whole daoc community, lol

i think 80+% of the competitive players frequents FH and less than 20 % of the casual players frequent FH.

imho the casual outnumber the competitive players 5 to 1 at least.

with any poll on FH, you are only getting a result very much biased by the relatively small proportion of players who actually come here.

to compare, almost everyone of TT is posting on FH. tmm has probably twice as many players and only 2 of those can be arsed to come here.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Craparoni said:
Hehe, i remember that one. both alb relic gates was open, mid took strength and hibs took power, and albs was camping keep containing hib relic. same night both alb relics was AC'ed back.:m00:

that was our strategy (to keep on to the foreign relic) at that time, yes. it's much easier to take a relic back than to take an enemie relic. outnumbered and attacked on all sides we made choises.

we decided to concentrate on the thing that would be hardest to take back, knowing that if we lost on of our own relics, we'd have it back by the end of the week.

Yes, as an alb, we know that if we can keep on to a location till after 2 o clock CET, we win by shear force of numbers.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:

No it itsnt, but what has that got to do with anything? It is the only fact we have. So its what we have to rely on. One could argue since alot of the TT members have entered the game and only gotten good responses, that the whole community supports them. (With the exception of yourself and a few other decidents) But since thats not hard facts, thats nothing we can swear by, so in the end, FH is what we have to utilize to get to atleast some reading on opinions...

/Charmangle

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Muylaetrix said:
that was our strategy (to keep on to the foreign relic) at that time, yes. it's much easier to take a relic back than to take an enemie relic. outnumbered and attacked on all sides we made choises.

we decided to concentrate on the thing that would be hardest to take back, knowing that if we lost on of our own relics, we'd have it back by the end of the week.

Yes, as an alb, we know that if we can keep on to a location till after 2 o clock CET, we win by shear force of numbers.

That just says it all basically.

censi

Can't get enough of FH

i think 80+% of the competitive players frequents FH and less than 20 % of the casual players frequent FH.

imho the casual outnumber the competitive players 5 to 1 at least.

results show to me people that come here to discuss that game think TT did right thing. Peeps complaining about it seem to be known lemons.

That first stat is made up and prolly totally wrong.

ditto for the second stat its prolly closer to 20-1

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
charmangle said:
No it itsnt, but what has that got to do with anything? It is the only fact we have. So its what we have to rely on. One could argue since alot of the TT members have entered the game and only gotten good responses, that the whole community supports them. (With the exception of yourself and a few other decidents) But since thats not hard facts, thats nothing we can swear by, so in the end, FH is what we have to utilize to get to atleast some reading on opinions...

/Charmangle

it's all a mater of PoV. the alliance to which TMM belongs reacted almost unanimously with shock and outrage on TT's action.

also, i have not gotten A SINGLE negative pm ingame yet over my postings / position. i did receive a lot of posts of people saying that they agree with me but can't be arsed to post here in this ' useless pit of verbal agression'.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
censi said:
results show to me people that come here to discuss that game think TT did right thing.

people who come here are a vocal minority.

censi said:
That first stat is made up and prolly totally wrong.

ofc i made up the stat, it's my ESTIMATE of the numbers.

censi said:
ditto for the second stat its prolly closer to 20-1

hey, i was being very conservative in my estimate. if casual outnumber competitives 20 - 1 like you say, you seem to agree that any posting here is a very competitive player based view in general being supported here which is totally not representative for the totall amount of players.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Well Muylaetrix, Same can be said about TT as they recieved only praises for what they did, and didn't get slaughtered with pm's in game.

Deadweight89

Fledgling Freddie
im quite happy about it as now they have joined us on avalon thanks to some of the cocksuckers on here!

C IS FOR COOKIE!

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I think I agree with the sentiment of their action, though it was always going to be contentious.

I think people on both sides of the argument have gone over the top.

I think people who just enjoy putting others down who don't play like them have gone completely over the top, as usual.

The fragmentation of the community, which the above all heightens (as does AC'ing, adding, eliteism, etc), is what I believe is threatening to kill the cluster, if anything is.

Darzil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom