Votes: 18 3.0%
  • I couldn't care less

Votes: 92 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Muylaetrix said:
that was our strategy (to keep on to the foreign relic) at that time, yes. it's much easier to take a relic back than to take an enemie relic. outnumbered and attacked on all sides we made choises.

we decided to concentrate on the thing that would be hardest to take back, knowing that if we lost on of our own relics, we'd have it back by the end of the week.

Yes, as an alb, we know that if we can keep on to a location till after 2 o clock CET, we win by shear force of numbers.

Yup it's against the SoTG i tell ya and i'm gonna right now it!

Craparoni

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
Yup it's against the SoTG i tell ya and i'm gonna right now it!

I will most certainly jump on that wagon, clearly the spirit of the game from my point of view is ruined when pps are relic raiding when 90% of the community is asleep.

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
Wait I come to a sudden insight !

Spirit of the game is fucking every over except your own realm. The aim and goal in the game is to drive all enemy realm away and be left victorious with all keeps/relics forver !

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Boy, for a cluster that is dying there sure is a lot of fuss over some pixels.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Muylaetrix said:
it's all a mater of PoV. the alliance to which TMM belongs reacted almost unanimously with shock and outrage on TT's action.

also, i have not gotten A SINGLE negative pm ingame yet over my postings / position. i did receive a lot of posts of people saying that they agree with me but can't be arsed to post here in this ' useless pit of verbal agression'.

Well during the FG PuG I was in last night I got 3 seperate people pm me to ask me to release the keep (non FH goers, casual players if you like and people who I didn't know so they were impartial). I responded nicely, explained why we did what we did and by the end of the conversation, all 3 of them saw why we did what we did and 2 of which said good on us.

This is the problem. When you say your /as was unanimous and hardly any of them read here, it's because all they've heard are the opinions of people in your alliance and not the other side of the story. It's quite easy to jump onto a bandwagon against people when on the face of things it looks like a bad thing which has been done.

As for other pm's, they have been good ones and the poll is reflecting that. No doubt some people simply made a FH account, put their opinion on the poll and didn't even bother reading the facts because they've been asked to spam us as well (Was actually told this by someone).

Make of this what you will.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
Well during the FG PuG I was in last night I got 3 seperate people pm me to ask me to release the keep (non FH goers, casual players if you like and people who I didn't know so they were impartial). I responded nicely, explained why we did what we did and by the end of the conversation, all 3 of them saw why we did what we did and 2 of which said good on us.

This gets to the crux of the problem, at least from my perspective. TT decided to act unilaterally, you did not consult other GMs and have never tried to do so in-game (posts on FH do not count as about 50% of what is posted here is macho jockying for positions). Personally speaking, what angered me most was that you felt you could take this action for all Albion without consulting anyone outside of an alliance that is relatively isolated from the bulk of the player base.

Now you will say had you consulted we'd have simply said no. And you may be right, though I would expect I'd have said 'let's see what the Hibs population in rvr is like over the next few days and then decide'.

In the end the course of action and it's various repercusions have made things much worse (not entirely TT's fault certainly not all the repercusions are) but a less arrogant 'we can so we will' attitude might have been considerably more productive in restoring a sense of community to the game, both within and across realms.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
I wonder how many makes several accounts just to vote twice! :p

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
Dr_Evil said:
Is this gonna start a civil war in Albion? How much will Hibernia take before they reunite and show us a sign of strength again, or have they given up and believe this is doom? How long will Midgard stand by and watch Hibernia getting bullied by a bunch of Albs, before they intervene and start some violence and destruction?

as it is atm it seems to me like hib cant reunite and show strenght as done before.. atm i cant mention even one decent hib set group running at all(Maybe NFD, but dont know them enough to tell). This goes again for all realms and i'd say that the only groups i find good atm is TT and GA(Yes GA - they really changed!)

All the good players are now on either Avalon or US. Some quit ofc. But i'd agree with TT, trying to save the cluster and maybe stopping some people from leaving.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:

This is the problem. When you say your /as was unanimous and hardly any of them read here, it's because all they've heard are the opinions of people in your alliance and not the other side of the story. It's quite easy to jump onto a bandwagon against people when on the face of things it looks like a bad thing which has been done.

As for other pm's, they have been good ones and the poll is reflecting that. No doubt some people simply made a FH account, put their opinion on the poll and didn't even bother reading the facts because they've been asked to spam us as well (Was actually told this by someone).

Make of this what you will.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to kirennia again.

Tubbs

Fledgling Freddie
Deadweight89 said:
im quite happy about it as now they have joined us on avalon thanks to some of the cocksuckers on here!

C IS FOR COOKIE!

Good riddance to bad rubbish :)

Konstantin

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
it's all a mater of PoV. the alliance to which TMM belongs reacted almost unanimously with shock and outrage on TT's action.

also, i have not gotten A SINGLE negative pm ingame yet over my postings / position. i did receive a lot of posts of people saying that they agree with me but can't be arsed to post here in this ' useless pit of verbal agression'.
proooof it .. else it doesnt mean a shit me personly dont think you have friends, so im seriusly dont think anyone Pm´d you :puke:

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Voted but it's in the wrong bit so take off one for Hibernian and agree with TT and add it to the no realm/all realms and agree with TT bit.

I still agree with their actions, Alarm Clock raiding has been one of the things that has led to many people deciding there is absolutely no point in fighting over the Relics because what's the point when they'll be PvE raided in the middle of the night when the overwhelming majority of the server is asleep?

I am not now and never have been a manic PvPer, but I enjoyed that side of the game the same as I did the PvE side. What I cannot stand, whichever side it comes from, is someone trying to impose how the game should be played and then using the 'Spirit of the Game' bollox as a means to justify it.

If the 8v8 players want to FG then they can do so, but they then have absolutely no right to whine on people who don't wish to play that way. Neither do the people who play it as they want to - whether you define that as the 'zerg' or, as I do, the way the game was set up to be played (an all out every realm player against the other two realms anyone not in my realm is an enemy situation).

However, I also agree with what Bracken has said elsewhere, since the game launched until around 18 months ago, the Relic situation had absolutely no baring on what went on in the Frontiers, be they Old or New.

This game attitude and community started to alter the minute people started minutely dissecting their characters to gain the maximum % advantage over someone else. At the moment the 'win at all costs' mentality set in, that changed the way people saw RvR. It was then no longer a fun thing to do with an added bonus along the way, it became the be all and end all of it and the 'only' measure that people judged how others were seen and saw themselves.

Well, me and my RR3L5 (from memory) Shaman had a lot of fun RvRing during the days before the 'opted' groups and for that I will always have fond memories of DAoC as it used to be.

Preatoria

Loyal Freddie
irvr sucks ... relics should be nerfed ,

more groups in agramon and i support TT imagine how you would feel running in agramon for a night finding 2 groups and those are from the same realm (yours!)...

All because some xxx found that i was fun to take a relic and therefor other groups from other realms didn't want to come out to meet the op'ed relic advantage

My POV offc.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
the funniest thing about this poll is that it hides the fact that 70% of respondents agree with TT.

lol

funneh

Drizzt

Fledgling Freddie
I don't get great accomplishments in rvr 4 the outnumbering factor of albions too like mist hibernians are stating; can't GOA put a cap on the number of ppl that can join each realm? Other games have done so and it raises only when there is a clear parity in numbers.
I yhink that would solve the big problem (jst a suggestion don't start raping me yet:p):worthy: :touch:

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
If you do not agree with TT...who are you to make the decisions for another guild?

leviathane

Part of the furniture
grats albs for tryign to kill the server again, TT were obviously trying to keep it alive, but your whining is probably gonna finally kill off all the fg action now. <3 TT.

Aberrathien

Fledgling Freddie
even more funny stuff here is that the greatest part that disagree with TT is from albion... Geeesh... What a BIIIIIIG surprise...

Rolv

Fledgling Freddie
I've been away for a week (as always, since Im only to play in weekends), and come back to this.. Im shocked. :(

..But somehow I'm not suprised. GOA have done so many cruel, inexplainable, weird, (griefing?) things, that Im just not capable to get surprised anymore.

Yes. I voted: I play Midgard and agree to TT :)

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
IF im not mistaken didnt CM release Crim not so long back because they got so much hassle over taking the keep in the AM ? Isn't this against the ''spirit of the game'' and in turn disrupting the game play for there own realm?

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
prodical said:
IF im not mistaken didnt CM release Crim not so long back because they got so much hassle over taking the keep in the AM ? Isn't this against the ''spirit of the game'' and in turn disrupting the game play for there own realm?

The point is, GoA is not even gonne notice untill you RN it. When TT lower'd their keep to lvl1 a whole lot of cry baby's RN it and GoA decide'd to ban them, cause it whas against the spirit of the realm :wanker: .

Xeros

Fledgling Freddie
The day I found out that TT had done this I warned a member about this. I knew that something familliar was done once in the States and they also got a bann. The member from TT laughed about this. But I bet he's not laughing now anymore.

Sorry for the members of TT and BF that didn't had anything to do with it, but the others were warned enough to upgrade the keep back. So I don't feel pity with them..

They litterly said that hibs could not even get the relics back, even as the relic was bare on the ground instead of lvl1 keep.

I hope that guy has now what he deserves and that he has learned something.

Rigga Mortice

Fledgling Freddie
Xeros said:
The day I found out that TT had done this I warned a member about this. I knew that something familliar was done once in the States and they also got a bann. The member from TT laughed about this. But I bet he's not laughing now anymore.

Sorry for the members of TT and BF that didn't had anything to do with it, but the others were warned enough to upgrade the keep back. So I don't feel pity with them..

They litterly said that hibs could not even get the relics back, even as the relic was bare on the ground instead of lvl1 keep.

I hope that guy has now what he deserves and that he has learned something.

So a mysterious Mr X, would you care to name name's?

And while you are at it, explain the point in cross posting the same message in three threads?

If you have a specific problem with TT, PM me; the above just looks like more baiting, and a poor attempt at that; I'm rather disappointed to be honest.

Xeros

Fledgling Freddie
Mr X is my trade mark of all me X chars, but most that know me already knew that.

it's not an attack to TT itself, only to the ppl who are responsible to setting the keep at lvl1 and refusing the upgrading.

The person i spoke to ingame was Arenwyr or something like that. He said me that it was a decision made by their keepofficer and that he couldn't do a thing about it and he just laughed that a bann could follow as was happened on US servers once.

if i see 3 posts about the same thread, then I also have the right to say the same thing on all those 3 posts.

I'm not attacking the guild TT,as you can read that I feel sorry for the TT members that now get banned for even something they weren't online with.

mr X

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
well only sollars was banned, so... so much for your pity

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom