The inside story of GOA's problem!!! *MUST SEE*

F

freeq

thanks feck the stupid sod isnt comming back. good riddance i say :flame:

O

old.Tzeentch

interesting :eek:

glad i read it before all the mongs jumped on this thread.

.. very interesting :O

hope some people understand why GOA did what they did.. that guy and his buddy X had access to _everything_

K

kameh

yup think GOA did a good job considering. Got to ask how it was allowed to happen though, guess we'll never know though.

T

Tilda

cool, tbh i admire him for having the guts to come clean and help GOA sort it out.
Its better do that than delete everybodys charachters.

Tilda

O

old.Tzeentch

Originally posted by kameh
yup think GOA did a good job considering. Got to ask how it was allowed to happen though, guess we'll never know though.

nothing is 100% safe ;o

G

Gladiatorrr

Well, what can i say... havent been able to play for the last 3 weeks and still havent recieved my passwords but hell, least ya had the guts to come right in the end!
Thanx for being honest m8.

N

Nivellen

Originally posted by Gladiatorrr
Well, what can i say... havent been able to play for the last 3 weeks and still havent recieved my passwords but hell, least ya had the guts to come right in the end!
Thanx for being honest m8.
Hey hey,.... it wasnt me :) :p

O

old.yaruar

interesting...

I think a certain mrX might be spending a bit of time contemplating his actions in a french jail soon if it's true though.. And afair french prisons are particually unpleasant..

The guy posting should thank his lucky stars he isn't facing prosecution rather than whining that his characters got stripped. As far as I'm aware there isn't a country in europe without pretty strict computer misuse laws and most are looking to make examples of perps right now.

M

Mid_Blejsarus

just fyi, laroma is 1 of the nicest person i meet (in game)
And i really hope she get her chars back, very nice person.
i was mentioned!! :D "Blejsarus" :D but i had my savage there tho :p and it sure was a blast that evening :)
Wondered why i had 3dragons going for me :p now i know :D

O

old.Tzeentch

yus
i think at the very least, for damages to business etc, he could be sued.

lol @ him whining about not getting his chars back.

O

old.Zarff

to me it seems Laro didn't do any of the hacking just using the information MrX told him, that can't be illegal can it? (Illegal like irl not ingame ofc)

X

Xeanor

See people posting things like "she was a nice person".

Perfect example of the fact that even your closest friends can be criminals. Can't say things like "he would never do that", everything is possible.

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by old.Zarff
to me it seems Laro didn't do any of the hacking just using the information MrX told him, that can't be illegal can it? (Illegal like irl not ingame ofc)

Of course it's illegal (well would be in the uk anyway) under the computer misuse act.

He was a conspirator...

As I said, he should think himself lucky he got anything.

F

freeq

the thing that gets me is, if he / she / it met this MrX on the emu thingy, why the fuck didnt they stay there? was fucking the DAoC community over for 2 days - 3 weeks worth the 1 hours fun?

what did they expect to happen fanny arsing around on live servers? i reckon they should both get locked up for it. the down time aside, they broke rules, they should both be punished. having chars deleted is getting off light imo.

K

Khalen

He fell into a trap (the story with MrX). Temptation can be very lethal sometimes :)
And then again why should we trust a txt page typed by one of the persons (heck how do we know he's even the person who did it) who "used" that information. It could be partly true it could be even made up just for fun. The point is when people do bad things expect to be punished for it somehow.

B

Belomar

Oh my god.

As for getting "screwed over by GOA", I can't really see this point of view. He was an associate to countless people not being able to play and huge amounts of grief and whines. This translates to a huge PR and monetary loss for GOA, not to mention the fact that several of us either had to be without some of our friends for nearly two weeks, or be without the game ourselves.

Pathetic behaviour.

G

Gladiatorrr

Hy Blej m8 :) long time no see....
If Blej thinks that this person is a nice person, then i will second that judgement as i have known Blej for a year and a half now in game, and have had some really good conversations with him.

It must have been very tempting and i bet over 50% of the people playing daoc would have probably tried a level 70 charater if they had any chance aswell, so for this person to own up had my respect!

But just be pleased to have any account back stripped or non stripped :)

C

celtavigo

Jeez how the hell can he whine about "geting his characters deleted" when he fucking made 100's of players not being able to play and making 100's of people at GoA work for weeks just to fix this thing.. Both of them should be sent to prison.. Hope they find them aswell..

O

old.moriath

Originally posted by Mid_Blejsarus
just fyi, laroma is 1 of the nicest person i meet (in game)
And i really hope she get her chars back, very nice person.
i was mentioned!! :D "Blejsarus" :D but i had my savage there tho :p and it sure was a blast that evening :)
Wondered why i had 3dragons going for me :p now i know :D

lol

Defending self confessed hackers now blej .. lol

I know where BO gets its ethics from then

M

mucking_fuppet

And no-one even considers the idea that this could be completely made up? :rolleyes:

L

-Lonewolf-

Sounds like a nice guy who just strayed off the path hope you get it sorted out

To be honest still blame GOA who allowed this supposed MrX to actually get access to near enough everything

Scary

O

old.Xarr

wow. if this be the truth i'm glad it happened that way. it could have gotten soooo much uglier.

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-
Sounds like a nice guy who just strayed off the path hope you get it sorted out

To be honest still blame GOA who allowed this supposed MrX to actually get access to near enough everything

Scary

So, there was a security breach. No company is 100 percent secure. If people want to breach security they will.

And being a nice guy is no excuse for breaking the rules. He deliberately misused the software and disrupted 10's of thousands of people...

O

old.Zarff

100% or not, screw that, but GOA was telling a lie but saying they didn't get hacked and that everything was ok now....

T

Tilda

Originally posted by old.Zarff
100% or not, screw that, but GOA was telling a lie but saying they didn't get hacked and that everything was ok now....

Hardly, he abused GM tools sure, but hack, no.
And, it probably is all ok now.

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by old.moriath
lol

Defending self confessed hackers now blej .. lol

I know where BO gets its ethics from then

Strong jealousy. :rolleyes:

Trying to turn the post into a BO flame, how fucking sad.

It's pretty obvious where the problem lies (hint: it's not with BO).

O

offalthwaite

Fair play to ya...

But at the end of the day, its just the blind leading the blind, blah blah blah

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom