The inside story of GOA's problem!!! *MUST SEE*

T

Tharion

HACKERS ?!?!

They used GM-tool provided by someone on the inside, or ex-employee.
There was NO HACK!!
Just a kid who got his hands on some tools.
He even said so in the text.

And GOA said they where a victim of a computer crime, that DON'T nessesarily mean they got HACKED.

Damn morning grumpiness at work :D

F

Farnis

Criminal imo

The fact that he/she is a nice guy is moot - this is just another version of kiddie terrorism (ie chucking eggs at grannies, sticking sugar in petrol tanks etc).

Its a top laugh when you do it, and if you can get away with it then fine - but if your stupid enough to get caught then you deserve to be bitch slapped by big johnnie - the remand centre daddy.

...and mitigating your crime by saying that you could have dome something more serious is laughable at best.

Ban Hang Draw Quater.

D

Damini

I think people associating this with "shooting people on the street" and so on are wide of the mark.

The incident with Kr0n which had the community knickers in a twist was malicious - a person was selected because of his personality and standing in the community, and his account was deliberately messed around with to teach him a lesson of sorts.

As far as I can tell, there was no malice in this incident. No accounts deleted, no mad profiteering from the people mentioned, no ebayage, there were initial efforts to contact GOA and explain the situation... Hell, Jesus only just managed forty days and nights of temptation, if GOA don't shut the stable door in time it's not going to be surprising to find the horse has already bolted. This incident and confession is actually incidental - if this MrX exists, then he is the real issue, and so this down time should have happened anyway, it just occured that these two playing silly buggers was the (apparently much needed) catalyst.

That said, it was a dumb thing to do, and I can understand why people feel so angry, and I don't think you deserve your accounts back. If you do this kind of thing, you know full well that its completely unacceptable, and with that in mind you expect and accept the consequences.

T

triangle

hmmmmm pretty simple in my understanding of it.
you break the law you pay for it.
Now maybe GOA didnt want this getting out in case it hindered any other projects it was hoping to get in the future and so didnt prosecute but it looks like its out now so..... :)
Soz to hear they screw ya m8 but come on what were you hoping for ? to be best buddies again?

A

Ala

Originally posted by Tilda
I need to watch my language

< omg I cant swear on forums (even tho loads of other peeps do and dont get censored).......:doh:

<I have been nerfed>

A

Ala

I dont like u nemore Tilda.... actually who gives a ****

O

old.Laryssa

imho GOA just try to cover their inability to run a secure environment.

I bet many consulting hours were paid in the last 3 weeks to make the platform secure ;)

At least I know who to blame when I get the next p0rn mail on my private address since everyone could have sponged the GOA databases before they even noticed.

1 month response time after the kid told them already taht there was a hack - so laugh able ;)

O

old.Laryssa

Originally posted by Ala
< omg I cant swear on forums (even tho loads of other peeps do and dont get censored).......:doh:

<I have been nerfed>

word biatch, you post was the boardfucker.

O

old.Laryssa

Originally posted by Damini
I think people associating this with "shooting people on the street" and so on are wide of the mark.

Only demonstranting peeps were harmed in the incident.

L

-Lonewolf-

U know what I am gonna run into my Companies server rooms with all the admin passwords I am gonna mess up every customers Mortgage accounts

Then I will admit it and indicate to them their security lapses

Then I will ask for my job back and get it back

er.......NOT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom