The Heretic

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I am going to make a Heretic on Pryd (when it comes back up) and i have a few questions.

I plan on soloing as much as i can, what sort of spec would be good? I was thinking of something along the line of:

50 flex
42 shield
36 enhance
16 rej

or

50 flex
15 crush (for the stun)
44 enhance
34 shield

Which master level routes can they take?

I am going to be using a cold leggy for the debuffs to increase levi damage, but what artifacts can they get? If you could give me some of the stats that would be great.

thanks

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I'd not bother with slam and get much higher enhance instead else you'll get pasted by anything you get into melee with.

36 enhance is about leather with no evade
43 enhance is not quite chain
50 enhance is plate

50 enhance 50 flex 17r 23shield works well for a levi heretic, plus you get 10% resist pierce buff for the proc, you could drop the shield down a bit and go for 15crush for the stun chain, or just rely on the 3s viper stun (or try and get anaconda off in RvR... hrm)

Don't bother with a cold legendary - it's a heat proc for heretics :) also debuffs don't work in pve for non-list casters, just RvR/duels.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Meleetics to me just seem like gimpy wannabe reaver tbh.

Art wise, theres a huge choice, seems you can use most things for mages and healer classes, snakecharmer whip seems nice stat, proc and spd wise. :)

43 Enchance gives worse AF then my Scout's studded, altho the abs buff might make up for that.

But you shouldn't listen to me, I'm an Avalonian Warder tic. :p

Lundarian

Fledgling Freddie
Imo if you REALLY want 50 flex I'd say a reaver would be a better choice, as flex line is cuite reliant on shield spec, but if you don't have a BB, Heretic would be best :p

oh and Heretics can choose between Banelord and Perfecter :)

as for artifacts there is a thread on VNboards listing which ones can be activated

personaly I like:

Guard of Valor
Scepter of Meritous (on back)
Crocodile Tear ring
Cermonial Bracer
Crown Of Zahur
Healer's Embrace cloak

hope this helps a bit :)

shaark

Loyal Freddie
Heretic can rezist very good in melee if his spec like 50 flex and 42 shield rest enh and rej, when they 15% HP thye can easy slam and heal to 100% wich is a very good

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
shaark said:
Heretic can rezist very good in melee if his spec like 50 flex and 42 shield rest enh and rej, when they 15% HP thye can easy slam and heal to 100% wich is a very good

2 enemies > Slamtic though.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
First off, you're going to HAVE to level up as rej spec because otherwise at lower levels, you'll be hitting with no decent styles(no levi/viper combos) and will be hit as if you were a caster still.....the 'purchased' respecs are coming in soon so that'll help.

50flex/50enh/10rej/27sheild works well as the highest AF buffs are very worth it. I don't often get hit by people who can reliably do 100 per swing at me and I've still not got a decent suit on. Unlike what someone said in this thread, healing to 100%life from 15% is not going to happen so you can't rely on it.

As a solo char, reaver is generally a better choice because of lifetap,pbaoe chants for uncovering and slam.

As for reavers being better then tics in a tank group, i still beg to differ. When people say they don't they seem to have a very short memory about chanters old BAoD which is effectively what tics rr5 ability is. Add BAoD/DI as well as the choice of PD/AoM and you have a VERY strong tank. O yes, and banelord. And MoC1 ae spamming snare is fantastic against MA trains as it locks them down and determination doesn't work on it xDDDD. Also the higher dmg (if reavers don't get piercing artis) is worth considering.

As for artifacts, tics are very hard to kit out. GoV/SCW/cere/harpies is a good selection and remember, levi damage is NOT effected by quickness so cap it. If you intend to get levi off often, try to get magic damage and quickness to max.

Hope this helps.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Oooh yeah I forgot, don't get scep[ter of meri in 2hand slot, it's not wortth nearly as much as malice charge ;)

Lundarian

Fledgling Freddie
Well Kir, the Scepter charge last 10 mins and boosts AF and hits up considerably, this is how to get ~1000 AF ;) on top of GoV proc ofc

but sure, it's a matter of preference :)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
And Tics can be Perfector or Banelord.

Intend to respec mine to BL once I get around to getting the higher MLs done but went Perfector at the beginning to get FoP while levelling to 50 :)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
my tic is 50 flex, 23 shield, 16 rejuv and 50 enhance.

if you take away buffbots, this is maybe the best solo tank in albion.

+shield and mastery of blocking to compensate for the low shield and increase the chance to start a chain is important imho.

to create a slam tic, you would have to sacrifice too much of the self buffs imho.

on the arte department i run around with SCW, GoV, BoStars and looking to get MS.

the damage shield/absorbtion buff of aten shield/SCW (and probably MS) don`t stack with the self buffs :/

kinda silly that the only flex tic arte weapon should be classed as partial use due to that, but still seems to be the best weapon out nontheless.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Heretics are pants :( I guess solo could be quite amusing, in which case I guess you HAVE to go melee, seeing as you won't get more than one tick off rejuv without getting interrupted.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Heretics are pants :(

A heretic duo for levelling is alot of fun, take it in turns to tank while the other focusses :) If it goes pear shaped you can bounce aggro back and forth while healing

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
A heretic duo for levelling is alot of fun, take it in turns to tank while the other focusses :) If it goes pear shaped you can bounce aggro back and forth while healing

I'm talking about RVR

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
eggy said:
Heretics are pants :( I guess solo could be quite amusing, in which case I guess you HAVE to go melee, seeing as you won't get more than one tick off rejuv without getting interrupted.
Non interuptable focus is handy but costs quite abit tho, killed that high RR Oz.. something ranger othernight with it, but aye if you ment CC. :p

kirennia

Part of the furniture
eggy said:

Problem is, we have no high RR melee tics on the server yet to see and far too many just say they're pants without having tried one with all the tools :( Come rr5, a melee tic will be just as useful in an MA train as a merc/reaver imo.

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
I am going to make a Heretic on Pryd (when it comes back up) and i have a few questions.

Hi m8! it's it coz of me you want to give Heretic a go? :)

But to you questen:

If you don't plan on going 50 Ench - don't roll a heretic at all. Having the best Ench line in the whole game and not get it to 50 is just stupid...

As you know, i solo/duo alot with my heretic. I never Group. It is a good char with utilities, but there arent really any spot that could be replaced with a heretic. So if you looking FG spot, i suggest you roll something else.

But if you just want to have some great fun, and since i'm the master of wierd classes - here's what i can say:

(I'm only 4L2, so don't have the OP'ed rr5 yet ... but can't imagine that 50% magic resist for 45 sec is a bad thing.)

Leveling:
1) Never ever xp a heretic with melee spec. Spec in rej until 40, then respec to your final spec of choise. Rej heretic is hands down the best PvE character in albion when it comes to killing yellow/orange mobs (necro is a pet, not a char!!!). Find something heat weak, and you're set to go. Highest dmg DD focus cost very low power.
Get eighter a sorc bot (pom), duo with mincer (stun/pom song) or cleric bot (fop, dex/qui, stun), and you can't chain pull everything.

2) IF you choose Rej for lvling, put Ench at lvl minus 1 or 2. Rest in Crush. You'll find the 15 crush style with 6 sec stun usefull too. That is two extra tics if mobs resisted on pull.

3) At lvl 20, when you get RR1L1 and your first realm point, put it in WP1. A heretic can't crit without Wild Power. And critting a Epic mob for 1700 +1699 aint that shabby.. :)

RvR:
I've tried both Melee (50 flex, 50 ench, 23 shield, 17 rej) and Rej (48 rej, 50 ench, 31 crush, 8 shield) spec, and I love Rej the most..

Solo Flex: Flex is way harder to kill ppl, at least when solo. Landing 6sec backstyle stun is hard with nmy on /stick (possible tho). It's hard to hit ppl with good defense (stealthers with evade, tanks with shield) with the anytime Diamond because it has no to-hit bonuses. However, you get a three style 9 sec stun chain, start of block. If u get that in, and nmy purge is down - you win. If someone back off, and try to outrun you, you allways have your instead snare that will slow him down and you'll get in his back to to what Flex do.

Duo Flex: Duo with a caster friend. I've been playing with my GF, and the flex spec was great. Most nmys go for the weaker target. They turn their back on you, and all u have to do is smacking your one button, if you want to be a bit more advanced, use the rear stun and back to your one button. Since Heretic have access to DI (OP), you don't have to worry about gimping your healing spec.. :)

Rej: BLAST! xD uninterupable focus on caster. I've even killed a few warlocks if i happened to resist one spell or two. Stupid SM's that think their pet is a "passive BG bot", die even faster. You have insta DoT that pwns in melee duels. Insta snare if you wanna run a bit off to get a heal or two (capped heals with high rej spec), then maybe focus some more before target is close for melee. And don't forget the amusing Monster ress!! xD

Melee as Rej: I use 31+14 Crush atm, and tbh it's way better then Flex (without the procs). I hit for more dmg per hit (malice is slower weapon, sure) but i have better to hit bonus, and malice proc of doom...

DOWNSIDES!!:
You can't use SoM.
You won't get access to IP - learn to play without it. Get charges, pots, abuse snare/kite/healing.
You won't get (good) group invites.
Most stealthers use elemental weapons. :eek:

UPSIDES:
You can get Banelord.
You have access to DI/PR (and other cleric ra's).
You'll have Pysical Defense.
You'll probebly have the best Absorb in the game.
And once you get the hang of your heretic - you'll have a blast!

That's all for now - if you have further questions, beep me on mirc! (piglet @ #ad.daoc)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Bonehead said:
Hi m8! it's it coz of me you want to give Heretic a go? :)
partly ;)

Thanks for the info guys, very helpfull

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
a 50 enhance heretic can tank single mobs just aswell if not better then a paladin, if you get jumped by more then 1 mob it always ends up very close or biting the dust.

For one, they have a higher AF due to their own buffs, unless the pally is heavily templated. They have 30% absorb. And are neutral to all weapons.

Add to that their ability to take physical defence and they can make decent melee characters.

Mine is 41 rej / 50 Enh / 26 flex / 31 shield (0 points left,) Physical Defence 4 / MoB 2

Erulin

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Got my tic 46 last night.

atm he's spec'd

42 rej
46 enhanc
23 crush
13 shield.

Been duo'ing with a Smitz0r Cleric alot, The stun is soooo handy =).
But usualy it's a trio ... Reaver, me , Cleric.

But i'm still unsure of my final spec tbh.
I'd prefer to have some Melee so the to 50 rej 50 enhance isn't really a option.

So it's either going to be 48 rej or keeping it at 42

aaaaaaa

Banned
Bonehead said:
DOWNSIDES!!:
You can't use SoM.
You won't get access to IP - learn to play without it. Get charges, pots, abuse snare/kite/healing.
You won't get (good) group invites.
Most stealthers use elemental weapons. :eek:

UPSIDES:
You can get Banelord.
You have access to DI/PR (and other cleric ra's).
You'll have Pysical Defense.
You'll probebly have the best Absorb in the game.
And once you get the hang of your heretic - you'll have a blast!

That's all for now - if you have further questions, beep me on mirc! (piglet @ #ad.daoc)

I wqouldn't count elemental weapons being a downside when Fanaticism is up though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom