The goal has been reached.

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by sorusi
i find slamming savages easy :p and that as a paladin with only 39slash/42shield

considering they have the highest evade of any class in the game, i wouldn't call them easy to slam :p not by a long way, i've seen runs of 5+ slams evaded straight, its not a rarity

S

sorusi

Originally posted by ab_fluid
considering they have the highest evade of any class in the game, i wouldn't call them easy to slam :p not by a long way, i've seen runs of 5+ slams evaded straight, its not a rarity

for me it was, slamming more than 2 times on every was very RARE :p sure sometimes they gt on lucky sttreaks :p try attacking in back perhaps etc? :p

A

ab_fluid

for me it was, slamming more than 2 times on every was very RARE :p sure sometimes they gt on lucky sttreaks :p try attacking in back perhaps etc? :p

why would that make a difference? :)

S

sorusi

why would that make a difference? :)
they cant parry from back :p also ive noticed alot less evade rate

A

ab_fluid

they cant parry from back :p also ive noticed alot less evade rate

the evade rate is exactly the same, as for parry, not many of the little shits spec much in that, and i don't think i've ever seen a savage use their parry buff.

V

vintervargen

mumin once evaded 7 slams in a row from behind with 1948 ws

D

Driwen

you did have dex and dex/quick buff? As weaponskill for slam is based on your weaponspec/class and dex as stat. So you might have had 1948 WS for your weapon, for your shield it could have been a different one.

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by driwen
you did have dex and dex/quick buff? As weaponskill for slam is based on your weaponspec/class and dex as stat. So you might have had 1948 WS for your weapon, for your shield it could have been a different one.

true, it was my luri hero with ~340 dex and ~260 qui

S

sorusi

the evade rate is exactly the same, as for parry, not many of the little shits spec much in that, and i don't think i've ever seen a savage use their parry buff.

well you are doing something wrong since i dont have a big problem landing slam on savages with a "gimped" paladin :p a 50blade/50shield hero would do the job alot better :p

V

vintervargen

well you are doing something wrong since i dont have a big problem landing slam on savages with a "gimped" paladin :p a 50blade/50shield hero would do the job alot better :p

against yanks that is :confused:

A

Aussie-

you know we have 1k range on shaman end regen too?

Changed the Shaman Minor Earth Invigoration line (fatigue regeneration buff) to be realm targeted concentration buff. If the target of this buff moves more than 1500 world units away from the caster, it will stop affecting the target until he moves back within this range. As with all concentration buffs, if the caster is killed all the buffs he is supporting will drop.

:m00:

T

tildson

Originally posted by Aussie-
Changed the Shaman Minor Earth Invigoration line (fatigue regeneration buff) to be realm targeted concentration buff. If the target of this buff moves more than 1500 world units away from the caster, it will stop affecting the target until he moves back within this range. As with all concentration buffs, if the caster is killed all the buffs he is supporting will drop.

:m00:

Says 1000 range when u click on it though :m00:

A

Aussie-

have a 50shield,mob4 paladin to guard
i find slamming savages easy :p and that as a paladin with only 39slash/42shield

soruzi m8, you arent supposed to melee :m00:

O

old.Lethul

Originally posted by vintervargen
mumin once evaded 7 slams in a row from behind with 1948 ws

well, its kinda obvious isnt it?

mumin > savage

A

ab_fluid

funnily enough, just because you say it doesn't make it so, you have a number of people here telling you savages are a nightmare to slam, i've played against them since the day they were brought into rvr, i've seen heroes stood trying to slam savages unsucessfully for 5+ times on many occasions. Maybe, just maybe, someone else is right and not you here. :/

A

Aussie-

damn it got quiet here....................wonder why

H

hotrat

Sorusi getting pwned :) Fotm mid groups are just insanely overpowered, I agree albs can have a chance against them, and my groups often do win vs random fotm groups. Its the guild ones such as JH and NP that are almost impossible to beat because of huge class imbalance.

As for running the perfect group all the time, maybe FC should, but I enjoy grouping with a theurgist or a reaver sometimes, and in some fights it actually makes it easier to win.
For example if we get a jump having a theurg instead of a 3rd det tank can actually be better (and they have asd :) ). But if we get jumped the theurg will prolly just end up dead without casting a single spell.
Another example; vs hib pbae a reaver becomes very useful, a 2nd person to slam, and pbae interupt so I can just focus on casting amnesia.

Again it comes down to alb having more potentially bad classes to have in a group than mid, you just kick out the sm's, rm's, thanes, bd's. Albs have a much longer list of not wanted classes :(

S

sorusi

funnily enough, just because you say it doesn't make it so, you have a number of people here telling you savages are a nightmare to slam, i've played against them since the day they were brought into rvr, i've seen heroes stood trying to slam savages unsucessfully for 5+ times on many occasions. Maybe, just maybe, someone else is right and not you here. :/

ive seen heros slamming infront of ppl 2000 times too :p slamming any tank/assasin infront is very stupid :p

oh and aussie, i think you should get some experience with midd end regen before you open your mouth again because you are a complete noob when it comes to midgar :p (and no reading all the patch notes doesnt gain you "ingame experience")

S

sorusi

Originally posted by hotrat
Sorusi getting pwned :) Fotm mid groups are just insanely overpowered, I agree albs can have a chance against them, and my groups often do win vs random fotm groups. Its the guild ones such as JH and NP that are almost impossible to beat because of huge class imbalance.

As for running the perfect group all the time, maybe FC should, but I enjoy grouping with a theurgist or a reaver sometimes, and in some fights it actually makes it easier to win.
For example if we get a jump having a theurg instead of a 3rd det tank can actually be better (and they have asd :) ). But if we get jumped the theurg will prolly just end up dead without casting a single spell.
Another example; vs hib pbae a reaver becomes very useful, a 2nd person to slam, and pbae interupt so I can just focus on casting amnesia.

Again it comes down to alb having more potentially bad classes to have in a group than mid, you just kick out the sm's, rm's, thanes, bd's. Albs have a much longer list of not wanted classes :(

huge class imbalance.... on savages, and on healers asd...

S

succi

Albs should usually get mezz in first , when Walker was playing his sorc no bards/healers had a chance ; it's all about reactions and connection speed.

O

old.lewstherin

ive seen heros slamming infront of ppl 2000 times too :p slamming any tank/assasin infront is very stupid :p

advanced evade anyone?

S

sorusi

Originally posted by old.lewstherin

advanced evade anyone?
parry infront, also evadeing in back seems to be at less rate that infront, atleat from those tests ive done on zerker + alot of heros have low 1h WS, makeing them poor at slamming.

Users who are viewing this thread