The goal has been reached.

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by old.lewstherin
advanced evade anyone?
Because all tanks/assasins have that?

It's always better to slam from behind, no matter if they have advanced evade or not, simply because evade is the only defence they have back there.

S

sorusi

only with 28+19 parry i could probably parry 8 slams in a row from some heros when they try to slam infront...

A

Aussie-

OH NO iM A COMPLETE NOOB ;(((((((((((((((((

says the guy who owned himself twice :D

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by sorusi
only with 28+19 parry i could probably parry 8 slams in a row from some heros when they try to slam infront...

because most heros are 2h specced and got shit WS when they slam.. thing is even the 1h heros with 1900+ ws got a hard time slamming savages. maybe not us savages that spec 50 parry and dont use the evade buff, but at least excal ones

B

Belomar

Originally posted by succi
when Walker was playing his sorc no bards/healers had a chance ; it's all about reactions and connection speed.
I've heard funny things about Walker's connection speed... Like that he lags only when he desires. :D

H

Hercus

Originally posted by Haldar
Vanish = I win.
Volcanic Pillar = We win.
Bunker of Faith = You can't win.
Faith Healing = You WERE winning
Speed of Sound = At least we won't lose.

so true :)

A

ab_fluid

parry infront, also evadeing in back seems to be at less rate that infront, atleat from those tests ive done on zerker + alot of heros have low 1h WS, makeing them poor at slamming.

fortunately the heroes in vgn aren't that stupid, they spec along the lines of 50wep/42shield/39.1hwep or 50shield/50wep/rest 1h wep (think its around 25). unfortunately we gimp our heroes if we spec say 50 shields 50 blades unlike warriors :x parry really isn't a big issue with savages and if you're trying to guard and slam/brutalize more than 1 of them attacking your caster/bard/druid you really want to be stood facing them or guards not gonna work 100% effectively. I don't really see why you are still trying to go on with your argument about this, its 100% obvious savages have THE best evade of any tank in the game, advanced evade 4/5(not 100% sure on this) a possible evade buff of 25% and Dex as primary stat, the facts are right there staring you in the face, just admit it ^^

T

tildson

Originally posted by Aussie-
OH NO iM A COMPLETE NOOB ;(((((((((((((((((

says the guy who owned himself twice :D

Shcizofrenic and stupid!?!?! ;)

T

tildson

The evade thing, is by judging from my personal experience, totally random. Sometimes i evade Celt Tiarna's slam until he's OOP, and the other day mistur Paladin Warden slams me infront first try. Sometimes u evade literally every shield-attack, and sometimes you cant even evade the obvious.

But i toooootally agree with you guys who think Savage Evade is too powerful. It is, no doubt and under no circumstances should a tankclass with the best offense also have the best defense. Mythic have stated that themselves but unfortunately it will take them a year before they realize that :(

S

sorusi

Originally posted by ab_fluid
fortunately the heroes in vgn aren't that stupid, they spec along the lines of 50wep/42shield/39.1hwep or 50shield/50wep/rest 1h wep (think its around 25). unfortunately we gimp our heroes if we spec say 50 shields 50 blades unlike warriors :x parry really isn't a big issue with savages and if you're trying to guard and slam/brutalize more than 1 of them attacking your caster/bard/druid you really want to be stood facing them or guards not gonna work 100% effectively. I don't really see why you are still trying to go on with your argument about this, its 100% obvious savages have THE best evade of any tank in the game, advanced evade 4/5(not 100% sure on this) a possible evade buff of 25% and Dex as primary stat, the facts are right there staring you in the face, just admit it ^^

imo 50slash/blades isnt that gimped damageoutput :p considering spear/polearm got gimped damageoutput too compared to bm/merc

S

sorusi

didnt i allready say savages are overpowered? :p

O

old.Lethul

Originally posted by hotrat
Sorusi getting pwned :) Fotm mid groups are just insanely overpowered, I agree albs can have a chance against them, and my groups often do win vs random fotm groups. Its the guild ones such as JH and NP that are almost impossible to beat because of huge class imbalance.

As for running the perfect group all the time, maybe FC should, but I enjoy grouping with a theurgist or a reaver sometimes, and in some fights it actually makes it easier to win.
For example if we get a jump having a theurg instead of a 3rd det tank can actually be better (and they have asd :) ). But if we get jumped the theurg will prolly just end up dead without casting a single spell.
Another example; vs hib pbae a reaver becomes very useful, a 2nd person to slam, and pbae interupt so I can just focus on casting amnesia.

Again it comes down to alb having more potentially bad classes to have in a group than mid, you just kick out the sm's, rm's, thanes, bd's. Albs have a much longer list of not wanted classes :(

imo perfect alb group have 1 theurg :)

Z

zenith_merc

Such strong whine on your Cougar. Even tho ppl of your guild made a thread for ppl to come and say grats, you come and insult and be rude in here, thats just strong.

Grats Medde Stubbe Xanatea and Tivook, such strong farmage. :p

A

ab_fluid

didnt i allready say savages are overpowered? :p

yus, but you also said that they don't evade _that_ much :p

A

ab_fluid

imo 50slash/blades isnt that gimped damageoutput :p considering spear/polearm got gimped damageoutput too compared to bm/merc

LW has anni, which is currently the best way of melee stunning a savage (to hit bonus), but by using that you lose the defence of shield :) LW styles seem to do ok, but i gotta agree, pole and spear are not all that good atm.

O

old.Lethul

LW has anni, which is currently the best way of melee stunning a savage (to hit bonus), but by using that you lose the defence of shield :) LW styles seem to do ok, but i gotta agree, pole and spear are not all that good atm.

to-hit bonus is crap anyway :p

T

tildson

To-hit bonus is how often you will hit the target with that style, no matter if its a r1 cleric or a r10 infil. Of course the infil will evade more, but you will "miss" an equal amount of times vs both targets.

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by tildson
To-hit bonus is how often you will hit the target with that style, no matter if its a r1 cleric or a r10 infil. Of course the infil will evade more, but you will "miss" an equal amount of times vs both targets.

yeh, and slam has no to-hit bonus, so it misses more often that annihilation would, hence my point :p

T

tildson

yeh, and slam has no to-hit bonus, so it misses more often that annihilation would, hence my point :p

Ah ok, sounded more like the other way :) Hopefully my post will enlighten people that didnt know this then :clap:

T

Trubble

Originally posted by old.Lethul
imo perfect alb group have 1 theurg :)

For what reason? It will take 10+ seconds for the theurg to get pets out and doing some serious interrupting. But against a good group theurg dies first and being a cloth caster no one can help him really....

I agree ASD can have impact if the theurg is able to identify the pac healer early - but would you still consider theurg in 1.63?

R

-RG-Jaond

Originally posted by cougar-
"There is clearly some severe RP inflation on the european servers.

Does anyone have data on this? "

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=58877388&replies=581

LOL love those coments by us players:

lol my bad i thought you meant by server....but god dayum! thats alot of realm points!

those mids must be really good, but even bigger factor is that the albs there must be be just horrible.

Personally, im shocked by how bad those alb players must be.

Point is, Albion Excal is teh zerg realm, filled with RR2-3 casual players. A competent group (like NP) can farm a lot of RPs there. In casual player vs casual player zergs number matter way more.

:ROFLMAO:

N

)nick(

Originally posted by Trubble
For what reason? It will take 10+ seconds for the theurg to get pets out and doing some serious interrupting. But against a good group theurg dies first and being a cloth caster no one can help him really....

I agree ASD can have impact if the theurg is able to identify the pac healer early - but would you still consider theurg in 1.63?

I think someone posted that the added haste and dps buffs alone casted on the rest of the tanks turned out to be a lot more than what a single arms/merc could offer over time.

T

Trubble

Originally posted by -nicolas-
I think someone posted that the added haste and dps buffs alone casted on the rest of the tanks turned out to be a lot more than what a single arms/merc could offer over time.

Yes I saw that post, but later in the thread it became apparent that it wasnt so after all. The merc was unbuffed and there were some other issue as well, that I cant remember. Maybe something about style bonuses. Theurg bufs are a great addon, but they are quite a bit from replacing a tank. Conclusion was that a theurg bufbot could offer the group a lot if they cared for going to apk every 10 mins.

If they put in greater survivability for cloth casters, theurg would become a great class in RvR, but atm its far too easy for a good group to take out a theurg. To survive a savage train a cloth caster needs both BOF and SOS.

N

)nick(

Originally posted by Trubble
Yes I saw that post, but later in the thread it became apparent that it wasnt so after all. The merc was unbuffed and there were some other issue as well, that I cant remember. Maybe something about style bonuses. Theurg bufs are a great addon, but they are quite a bit from replacing a tank. Conclusion was that a theurg bufbot could offer the group a lot if they cared for going to apk every 10 mins.

If they put in greater survivability for cloth casters, theurg would become a great class in RvR, but atm its far too easy for a good group to take out a theurg. To survive a savage train a cloth caster needs both BOF and SOS.

/Agree

I am just pointing out theurgs aren't completely useless.

Give casters some luvin!

C

cougar-

Originally posted by -RG-Jaond
LOL love those coments by us players:

lol my bad i thought you meant by server....but god dayum! thats alot of realm points!

those mids must be really good, but even bigger factor is that the albs there must be be just horrible.

Personally, im shocked by how bad those alb players must be.

Point is, Albion Excal is teh zerg realm, filled with RR2-3 casual players. A competent group (like NP) can farm a lot of RPs there. In casual player vs casual player zergs number matter way more.

:ROFLMAO:

vnboards are velly fun sometimes

X

Xeanor

it's funny how all the US ppl immediately just say "radar users" whilst they've never fought NP

H

hotrat

huge class imbalance.... on savages, and on healers asd...
Pac healer is better than sorc as well, you said it yourself, sorc just dies after mezz/debuff, pac healer makes a very good 3rd healer.

Take for instance a fight I had with strondor in the group, was vs hib tank group, we got first mezz, they GP, tank runs out and starts hitting strondor. I root him and strondor moves away but before he gets out of melee range the tank purges. Now a pac healer may well have done exactly the same as me up to this point but now comes the huge difference: I start to debuff the tank, after a couple of debuffs i look elsewhere, there is nothing i can do. A pac healer can start healing the one under attack and hope that the shaman has noticed and will disease it so the one under attack can get away.
Of course the paladin could pull away from the assist team and slam it, leaving the assist team ooe and easy to kite. For mids the warrior could pull away slam the attacker and carry on with only a little bit of damage lost on the offence front (bearing in mind savage has rear stun).

Shaman as well I think in a group is.... well not overpowered its more like albs should have a class like this as well. Someone who can provide alternate cc such as root and disease. What I wonder is that if say skald had end regen would mids still group a shaman?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by succi
when Walker was playing his sorc no bards/healers had a chance ; it's all about reactions and connection speed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First mezz is not that important, good groups will spread on sight and the first ae mezz will at best only get either 2 healers or maybe all the tanks. Leaving 1 or 2 healers to try and mezz before the tanks reach you, and with savage insta taunt thats pretty unlikely.
Of course if you get the jump its quite easy to mezz the whole group, but thats about driving not about reaction speeds.
The most important thing is to keep all 3 healers mezzed or interupted, any healer not in that state will just demezz the others. You could land a real nice mezz on 7 out of 8 in the group but if the 8th is a healer and is not dealt with your mezz is not as good as one that hit just 3 out of 8 (the 3 healers).

Users who are viewing this thread