Film The General Film Thread

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
In short - Dan Aykroyd wasn't happy with how the all female version of Ghostbusters turned out so he wanted to create a more authentic one for the fans

The Director is the son of the Director that did the first 2 movies, the only downside is Harold Ramis being dead :( other than that, it could have Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, Ernie Hudson and Sigourney Weaver... I doubt they'll get Rick Morranis because he retired from acting when his wife passed away to take care of his children, you never know though!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
In short - Dan Aykroyd wasn't happy with how the all female version of Ghostbusters turned out so he wanted to create a more authentic one for the fans

The Director is the son of the Director that did the first 2 movies, the only downside is Harold Ramis being dead :( other than that, it could have Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, Ernie Hudson and Sigourney Weaver... I doubt they'll get Rick Morranis because he retired from acting when his wife passed away to take care of his children, you never know though!

His kids all grown up now though so might make a cameo :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
His kids all grown up now though so might make a cameo :)

It'd be nice (with Harold Ramis's families permission of course) if they used some old footage of Harold Ramis and turned him into a ghost or something, sort of a shout out to him.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Vice. Excellent. Whole cast is brilliant.

The Favourite. Really enjoyed it except
ending isn’t great
. Read up about the history afterwards and its amazingly largely true.

Girl in The Spider’s Web. Meh. Plot is a ripoff of that Bruce Willis movie with the autistic kid. Looks pretty, but its really not great.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So then. Alita Battle Angel.

The feeling that I had leaving the cinema was that I'd just been robbed. There's a reason for that (which I'll spoiler again).

However, the film itself was good. Got into it quite nicely. It moved along, sometimes too quickly. But it didn't drag and by the time it ended I wanted more.

...but that's the fucking point - IT DIDN'T HAVE AN END FFS. If I'd had known that I probably wouldn't have bothered. It's like it's been setup for a series but nobody bothered to tell us. (To be fair - that could be my oversight - but series wasn't the impression I got from the trailer). It was fucking £17/ticket and Mr Cameron's work is getting stormed on the high seas from now on.

Speaking of him...
HE's the bad guy!

:eek:

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
So then. Alita Battle Angel.

The feeling that I had leaving the cinema was that I'd just been robbed. There's a reason for that (which I'll spoiler again).

However, the film itself was good. Got into it quite nicely. It moved along, sometimes too quickly. But it didn't drag and by the time it ended I wanted more.

...but that's the fucking point - IT DIDN'T HAVE AN END FFS. If I'd had known that I probably wouldn't have bothered. It's like it's been setup for a series but nobody bothered to tell us. (To be fair - that could be my oversight - but series wasn't the impression I got from the trailer). It was fucking £17/ticket and Mr Cameron's work is getting stormed on the high seas from now on.

Speaking of him...
HE's the bad guy!

:eek:
The eyes concern me in that movie, the daughter puts the big eyes filter on every goddam picture of herself.
When I see her in person she looks like piggy eyes.
All her mates do it as well..I swear if there was an op to have it done, they woukd all have it.
I think by 2200 people are going to look like cartoons.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
What a way to lift one up. Currently watching Beverly Hills Cop 1. So much fun.

Get the fuck out of here!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What a way to lift one up. Currently watching Beverly Hills Cop 1. So much fun.

Get the fuck out of here!
Steven Berkoff is a great baddie!

Don't make the mistake of watching the others ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Anyway, the next (and maybe penultimate) Tarantino film...
The quality of his output has declined steadily since Reservoir Dogs to the point that I now think his films are so flabby they're not even must-watch any more.

Inglorious Basterds was a big pile of shite with a shocking moral centre and Django was dull. I wanted the hateful eight to be brilliant, and it could have been, if someone had told him to stop fucking monologing constantly and just get on with the story.

I'm afraid Quentin's gonna get pirated, unless the reviews are absolutely stellar. And tbh, the only reviewer I listen to nowadays is this guy.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just saw Captain Marvel. It was alright.

A bit like Black Panther, I think that a lot of the hype was simply because the protagonist is female. (Who cares? Never stopped anyone liking Buffy the Vampire Slayer..). But what she lacked, mostly, was charisma. She was just sorta bit too much girl-next door.

Film went on OK. The worst bit:
The fucking cat. Awful animation and particularly the model - supposed to be a "funny" moment when they were heading into space and the cat was sprawled against a box because of the g-forces - but all you could think was "that's a fucking awful model, and where are it's genitals"? The shot was only a second or so, but it was really jarring. Bird thought the same

Standard Marvel production values. I guess the reason she's not in the storyline earlier on is:
She's effectively Superman. She could have pretty much done everything the Avengers did single handed. I don't know what Fury was thinking not pressing the "god-mode" button during Avengers 1. She'd have whupped, gone found Thanos, won. Job jobbed.

I guess Marvel understands that DC's biggest problem with Superman is that he's Superman, so use him sparingly. But it does make me worry about the next film. Like the end of Half Life 2 - you go all god mode when your gravity gun turns into amazeballs energy thrower - and the game is lesser for it

Anyway. Am being critical there. If you've seen it, or are gonna see it. It can't hurt ya :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I enjoyed it thought it was a fun action pop corn romp

Looking forward to endgame more now, worth trying to find Ant man and the wasp first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom