Film The General Film Thread

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why does Hollywood do that?
Happens with all sorts of movies. Remember the Mars one with Gary Senese (sp?) - there were two of them. Deep Impact and Armageddon - two asteroid movies.

I guess they work on a cross-marketing agreement with their "competitors" to build interest in <insert genre of movie here> - in this case "nazi assasination movies"...

:\

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Studio A commits to making $50mill steve jobs biopic
Studio B finds out and makes $5 mill steve jobs biopic, because people are idiots and Studio As $50mill marketing on top will send enough idiots to Studio Bs budget shit that they make money.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Like the one with the white house being captured

Edit olympus has fallen and white house down

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Watched Kong...it was trying to be some kind of Jurassic park, Guardians of the Galaxy , Apocalypse now mashup.
Pretty naff, great tits on chick though.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
John Wick 2. Brutal, does exactly what it says on the tin.

Unsure if it has a story line that wouldn't fit into a 10 min short but who cares.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Finally got around to watching Suicide Squad.

That's 2 hours of my life that I will never get back...

Yeah, sure, Margot Robbie has tits and arse to die for but you really must be struggling if that is what you use to keep a film going. Garbage from start to finish.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Wonder Woman was better than expected :)

Just got around to watching it. Far better than anything else in the DCEU but a. that's not saying much and b. it still lacked that sense of fun that the Marvel films usually deliver. Gal Gadot is very easy on the eye though and inhabits the role very well; I'm not sure she's a good actress but she's good in this. Captain Kirk is good as well.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Just watched Chips..trailer gives the impression of good crop - crazy cop popcorn movie.
Holy fuck its pretty dark in places, did I watch some R rated version?
Entertaining enough and just a bit outside the box I was expecting.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
It took me ages to realize that dude is Jackie Chan *boggle*

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Spider-Man: Homecoming. Best MCU movie since the first Guardians I reckon. Good villain who actually has a motive, proper introduction of Spider-Man to the MCU, Robert-Downey Jr used just enough.
killer twist as well

Only problem is with Spider-Man swinging around NY in broad daylight, and explicitly mentioned as "all over YouTube", its making the non-acknowledgement of the rest of the MCU in the Netflix shows look beyond weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom