Film The General Film Thread

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Didn't realise that was Cate Blanchett, had to IMDB who it was, and also 'Charlotte' from Westworld who is lovely

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I have watched that trailer more than once.... love it ;/

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Asguardians of the Galaxy.

Very intentionally. GoTG2 and Ragnarok are the lead ins to Infinity War which will bring together the Avengers with all the cosmic Jack Kirby space stuff. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the closing credits in one or both films refers to the other.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
2whjp90r1csy.jpg

Urgat

Part of the furniture
FUCKING NERDGASM

I don't know what it is about Star Wars trailers, but they always make me almost tear up in anticipation and exitment.

It's like some kind of religious awe.

Just me?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Actually more excited about Kurt Russel being in GoG2. :)

DaGaffer

GotG2 - Great. Laugh out loud funny and visually its just stunning. Most surprising bit was that its...sweet. In places. Five end credit scenes though. Five (only two actually move the story on).

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Agreed, GotG2 was a damn fine, well paced, nicely twisted, belly-laugh entertainment.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Just saw a trailer for Alien Covenant. Looks OK. One for the cinema

DaGaffer

Just saw a trailer for Alien Covenant. Looks OK. One for the cinema

Bleh. I see they're all tramping about on a new planet without spacesuits. So they're idiots. So its "Alien kills idiots". Again. Pass.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You appear to be missing one of the subplots that was explained in Prometheus. The atmosphere is supposed to be breathable. The engineers are the ancestor of humans so its not a great leap that they breathe oxygen/nitrogen and have a similar air pressure and so on.

Secondly, its a sci-fi action/thriller/drama created for entertainment, not a NASA documentary. If you think there are no science holes in alien then you might want to re-watch it.

Personally, looking forward to it and I imagine I will get 1.5 hours of solid entertainment from it.

DaGaffer

You appear to be missing one of the subplots that was explained in Prometheus. The atmosphere is supposed to be breathable. The engineers are the ancestor of humans so its not a great leap that they breathe oxygen/nitrogen and have a similar air pressure and so on.

Secondly, its a sci-fi action/thriller/drama created for entertainment, not a NASA documentary. If you think there are no science holes in alien then you might want to re-watch it.

Personally, looking forward to it and I imagine I will get 1.5 hours of solid entertainment from it.

There's a lot more to a breathable atmosphere than it's chemical composition, especially when you think there might be life. And since everyone in Prometheus was clearly brain-damaged before they even landed, (it's the only way to explain the worst "scientists" ever), I don't hold out much hope for the quality of the crew in this either. I hate plots than rely on stupidity to move forward.

I wouldn't mind but this is the director who portrayed the best scientist-astronaut ever.

Job

The utter disregard for infection is sooo unlikely thats its cheap story telling...they could have spent five minutes writing a script that showed the alien life cleverly beating any hazard suits.
Instead the crew are going around smelling flowers and licking their fingers.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I just watched Split:

Split (2016) - IMDb

Really enjoyed it. Also, total spoiler so only read if you have seen the film:

Reveal at the end is great and follow up is in the making, 'Glass'!

(y)

Job

The reviews ...go from' loved it' to 'utter pile of shite'.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I have no faith at all in the director any more so I'd go in to it with heavy scepticism at the very least.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I thought Spilt was pretty good. Saw it a while back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom