Film The General Film Thread

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
None of it is canon, they just make it up on the spot.

"They" change it year by year.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Watched Chasing Mavericks, the true story of young surfer Jay Moriarty , spot on movie, Gerald Butler as the seasoned surfer who trains him to take on the huge waves off California.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
If ye haven't seen Prisoners (2013), do so. Great thriller/mystery slow burner.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just got back from watching Logan, thought it was a great finale.

no idea how X-Men film continuity all fits together anymore, so I'm treating this like an alternate universe
Funny you brought that up, this shows how it all pretty much hangs together:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YGHDTIUt0s

I thought Logan was an excellent ending given it removes all the ambiguity of "what happens afterwards". The only bits I couldn't get on board with really were
Xavier was totally scrambled when you first see him, then a couple of pills and some sleep later and he's all hunky dory and 100% lucid.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Didnt like the book. Thhink i got to part that describes some guy in really tight trousers and didnt feel the need to continue.

Original film was a bit crap too. Most stephen king films are rubbish with shawshank and shining being the exceptions

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Original IT trailer is crap, but the movie in itself is great. Builds up atmosphere and doesn't fall flat mid-time. We´ll see how this one stands.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Fantastic Beasts and... just leave them where they are.

Snoreathon.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Trying to watch the latest Resident Evil movie adaption but goddamn the constant shaky camera (apart from the obvious shitty movie) is throwing me off, what where they thinking?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Trying to watch the latest Resident Evil movie adaption but goddamn the constant shaky camera (apart from the obvious shitty movie) is throwing me off, what where they thinking?
I had shacky cam issues with ss gb as well. Jesus keep the camera still. I want to see the image on the screen not be distracted by the edges moving

dysfunction

FH is my second home
The only shaky cam thing I ever watched from start to finish was Blair Witch Project.
I don't get it so never again.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Cant believe no one has said how shit the chips reboot looks. They changed it to a comedy.

The original series was awesome.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Original IT trailer is crap, but the movie in itself is great. Builds up atmosphere and doesn't fall flat mid-time. We´ll see how this one stands.
The original movie was just the tv series cobbled together..I dont get King movies, they are like the Adam Sandler of horror, the child sex part of the IT book is just seriously wrong as well...King is a weirdo hiding in plain sight.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
8hh52ngbnjoy.jpg

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Jeff Bridges. All I need to know.

Win

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Cant believe no one has said how shit the chips reboot looks. They changed it to a comedy.

The original series was awesome.

Was it? Was it really? I think your nostalgia chip is on the blink.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
The guy that was in The Raid.

Headshot (2016) - IMDb

Pretty damn good.

Both Raids were pretty good. This however is sub-par. The acting in the Raids was perfectly meshed into the action, this feels like two separate streams. It's as if they put down their paper with the lines and go "Ok, now comes the fighting scene."

leggy

Probably Scottish
Ghost in the Shell. Anime fans should maybe stay away but it wasn't quite as shit as the critics are making out.

Plus Scarlett...

In a weird body suit, walking all weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom