Film The General Film Thread

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It was s 1080 download..so

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I like Tom Cruise, he's a fantastic actor and seems only to choose good projects. Although Mi2 was utter shit.
I think it's more that he knows own his limits and highbrow drama is definitely not his forte. Big budget films where scenery and action stunts win over plot and dialogue.

Fair play, he knows what he can do and does it well.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
It was s 1080 download..so
of a screener? So a DVD Rip meant for Oscar reviewer. Always the same this time of year load of Screeners up. Did not hit the Cinemas until 6-Jan in USA.

Job

Pretty good screener..no watermarks..and anyway..its bit rate..not resolution that makes for image quality

Job

True..4x4 pixels at 100mb still bad.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Watched Magnificent Seven and Hell or High Water on the plane over to LA.

Magnificent Seven - absolutely loved it, thought Denzel and Chris Pratt were excellent, definitely getting it on BlueRay when I get back.

Hell or High Water - not quite as good but still enjoyed it, loved the plot and The Dude was excellent as always, bit slow at times but worth a watch.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Traders, an Irish low budget film but really rather good.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Watched Magnificent Seven and Hell or High Water on the plane over to LA.

Magnificent Seven - absolutely loved it, thought Denzel and Chris Pratt were excellent, definitely getting it on BlueRay when I get back.

Hell or High Water - not quite as good but still enjoyed it, loved the plot and The Dude was excellent as always, bit slow at times but worth a watch.

Liked Hell of High Water, thought Magnificent Seven was gash; "The Ethnically Balanced Seven" more like (let's not make the bad guys or villagers Mexican, we'll look like cultural imperialists. And we'll have a black leader with an Asian who knows kung-fu, a Native American, and a latino gunslinger; the white guys on the team will have various psychological problems. Of course the bad guy will be a white arch-capitalist, because bandidos are just brothers who've been oppressed by the white man). I consider myself fairly progressive in my attitudes (certainly compared to some of the knuckle-draggers around here) but this was so PC it made my teeth itch.

Job

Watched I Daniel Blaire.
A little bit BBC leftie, Cannes film festival right on and all.
Still a good, if infuriating film about an old man with heart problems trying to get benefits.
If I hadn't seen the farce that is the benefits system with my own eyes, I would probably be sceptical.
Not a popcorn movie, but it's real and so frickin Geordie it needs subtitles.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I don't not like Tom Cruise but he's just a bit 'throw-toys-out-pram' for me. Been in some very enjoyable movies but not even remotely in the same league as Clint Eastwood imo.

Watch Unforgiven. One of the best movies ever.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The Great Wall has poor reviews but looks kinda entertaining

DaGaffer

Lego Batman has some proper laugh out loud moments (and a fuck-ton of in-jokes) but its not as good as the Lego movie (imho).

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Liked Hell of High Water, thought Magnificent Seven was gash; "The Ethnically Balanced Seven" more like (let's not make the bad guys or villagers Mexican, we'll look like cultural imperialists. And we'll have a black leader with an Asian who knows kung-fu, a Native American, and a latino gunslinger; the white guys on the team will have various psychological problems. Of course the bad guy will be a white arch-capitalist, because bandidos are just brothers who've been oppressed by the white man). I consider myself fairly progressive in my attitudes (certainly compared to some of the knuckle-draggers around here) but this was so PC it made my teeth itch.

Noticed that but didn't really let it get in the way of enjoying the film - Hollywood's been going down the route since T2 (the Terminator that couldn't kill people), just thought it was a thoroughly enjoyable Western.

Watch The Accountant on the way back, another one to get on BR I think, great film.

Also watched I.T (Gash and full of plot holes - if your smart house is under attack, just turn the internet off?) and Keeping up with the Joneses (not original in the slightest, but passed the time).

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Hacksaw Ridge.

Don't fucking bother, terrible film with some of the worst casting ever. utter, utter flimsy bed wetter cast as the lead. Irritating from the start.

I did wonder if it was going all forest gump, but it didn't.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Jesus, it turns out the mongoloid that plays the lead in it is also the next Spiderman...that's write off then.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Explains why it passed me by then, must be an excruciating experience.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Yes I don't like him either. I think he is an incredibly shit actor.

Tom Holland is the new Spiderman.
Tom Holland - IMDb

He was Spiderman in Captain America Civil War

DaGaffer

Hacksaw Ridge.

Don't fucking bother, terrible film with some of the worst casting ever. utter, utter flimsy bed wetter cast as the lead. Irritating from the start.

I did wonder if it was going all forest gump, but it didn't.

He was on Graham Norton the other night and came across as a right pretentious twat.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Also, Passengers.

Its basically Red Dwarf with better special effects and no funny bits. It even has scutters. Crap.

Job

Yeah..started watching it and then started picking my nose..nose won.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Jesus, it turns out the mongoloid that plays the lead in it is also the next Spiderman...that's write off then.

Andrew Garfunkel? The ladies like him. I think he cries listening to Lionel Ritchie and apologies when he ejaculates.

Also, Passengers.

Its basically Red Dwarf with better special effects and no funny bits. It even has scutters. Crap.

Terrible, terrible film. Totally missed opportunity for some good 2001 "things on ship get self-aware" style plot twists, but no.

I saw Trainspotting 2 last night - I liked it in principal, but it was missing some of the rough-around-the-edges, low budget magic of the original. That says more about me, and less about the film - the original overlapped with my puberty when music, girls, experimenting with drugs (in my case a bit of weed, not skag) were very much of the time and my priority. T2 feels empty for me in comparison. It sends quite a positive message that I feel accurately reflects Edinburgh's onward and upward change in affluence (for instance the scene in Harvey Nic's, the trams, the club scene in the Cowgate when compared to the Volcano club / the pool hall / Mother Superior's flat).

Job

Watching Moonlight.
Hmmmmm..redefines the word slooowwww, half way through and nothing has happened, the only interesting
bit so far is the hot as fuck Janelle Monáe, her outfit in the opening scene..those tits.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Also, Passengers.

Doesn't it fulfill even the slightest alone-in-space feels exploration mojo?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I quite enjoyed watching "Passengers". I found the choices people could make when placed in an ethical dilemma can be quite stark to the hypothetical decisions you would make given the same situation. If you have nobody around you to "bounce" your ideas off of or keep in you check how do you react?

It is not a simple boy meets girl film...or Red Dwarf which is a bit crap these days anyway

Job

So Moonlight is basically a classic , tick the boxes, PC snoozefest.
Don't even bother.

Black drug dealer who cares, is politically correct about gay people, hispanic/black gay relationship.
No story, no heart, no nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom