Film The General Film Thread

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
What...where?

Trump - The US election thread, you are definitely fighting his corner.

ColoUr - its spelt with a U here

Rasist - Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I spelled it without the U because the phrase is very American.
And I'm not a rasist?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Watched the latest Jack Reacher, then The latest Bourne..it's the exact same film.
You could literally swap the main characters and not notice.

Just watched Never Go Back. There really is no area where you don't talk shite is there? Other than both containing Americans and having fights in them, they're nothing like each other.

Job

Oh sorry, I must have missed some sub plot then.
They are that similar that after watching the two on the run, I kept forgetting if it was Cruise or Damon in particular scenes...who was riding the motorbike with the girl on the back.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Eye in the Sky...not actually that bad to have on while gaming.

DaGaffer

Oh sorry, I must have missed some sub plot then.
They are that similar that after watching the two on the run, I kept forgetting if it was Cruise or Damon in particular scenes...who was riding the motorbike with the girl on the back.

If you insist on watching cams, everything's a blur anyway. Only explanation for claiming they have the same plot. Either that or you have the IQ of plankton. Take your pick.

Job

I didn't say they had the exact same plot..but good guy fugitives who can beat up 10 people at once on the run from the law..who are corrupt.
I mean they even used the same way to take out the alpha bad guy.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Thought I would try out renting a video on Amazon rather than pirating it. Watching Steel Dawn.

976/1222 for those in the know.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Whats the number thing about. (Obviously not in the know).

How was the experience and how much was it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Whats the number thing about. (Obviously not in the know).

How was the experience and how much was it.

Ah occured to me the number was uthgard queue. Doh. Lol. How was the rental anyway.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
£2.49 I think...not the best picture but it an old, un-remastered film. Bat shit fucking crazy film too...a little bit like Conan but in some 80s version of a post apocalyptic world after a 3 day bender.

Edit, 524/986...not going to happen.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
£2.49 I think...not the best picture but it an old, un-remastered film. Bat shit fucking crazy film too...a little bit like Conan but in some 80s version of a post apocalyptic world after a 3 day bender.

Edit, 524/986...not going to happen.
Yeahi have seen the film before. Bit steep for such an old movie?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I had some amazon money left over and nothing to buy so meh. Probably a little steep I guess.

Job

Watched Sully..the plane that ditched into the Hudson river..Tom Hanks.
Pretty controversial in RL, but good watch.

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
More nails in the Tom Cruise haters coffin - A Few Good Men, Jerry Maguire, Interview with the Vampire, Rain Man, Born on the 4th July. Tom Cruise delivers. I put him in the same category as Clint, Harrison and the other Tom. Hardly ever does shit, and even when he does, he is still watchable.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
More nails in the Tom Cruise haters coffin - A Few Good Men, Jerry Maguire, Interview with the Vampire, Rain Man, Born on the 4th July. Tom Cruise delivers. I put him in the same category as Clint
Not Clint. Nosirree.

Tom's good in things. Very good in things. Big, mainstream, things. But Clint is an oscar-winning actor / producer / director / composer of both mainstream and more arthouse projects and, importantly, not a batshit crazy follower of a despicable religion.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Ooh Scouse what are you doing? Only Scientology believers call Scientology a religion. Us normal folks call it batshit insane generally and a cult if we're feeling particularly mild and nice.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ooh Scouse what are you doing? Only Scientology believers call Scientology a religion. Us normal folks call it batshit insane generally and a cult if we're feeling particularly mild and nice.
Oops. Had a Cruise-induced brain fart.

Try this out by way of an apology :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I like Tom Cruise, he's a fantastic actor and seems only to choose good projects. Although Mi2 was utter shit.

Anyhow, I've just watched The Hateful Eight and I loved it. Tarantino always does amazing dialogue.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I've just watched The Hateful Eight and I loved it. Tarantino always does amazing dialogue.
Great dialogue but his films are flabby now. Needs someone else to edit them. Wanted to love Hateful Eight. Loved the dialogue. Rest of the film? Not so much...

Job

Moana is the dogs...the chicken is funny and I got all tearful at the end for some reason.

Started watching Manchester by the sea...that takes slow to all new heights...just a bit too self indulgent , even for me.

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
Not Clint. Nosirree.

OK, granted Clint is The Man and exists in at least 2 categories, but I'm not apologising for putting The Cruiser in the same box office star category as Clint. Clint isn't perfect - he likes jazz ffs.

<goes into hiding>

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Clint is fully grown too, Tom has to stand on a box.

DaGaffer

Just watched Trainspotting 2. Really can't decide what to think.

I certainly didn't hate it, but the original was so iconic and the plot of this relies on the original very heavily, to the extent that it never really comes out of the shadow of its predecessor.

What it is, rather unusually in this day and age, is a story about middle aged men and their regrets that doesn't make you want to slash your wrists with irritation.

It's worth watching, but don't expect a repeat of the blackness of the original; the tone is very different.

Nb. Spud is by far the best part of the whole movie, Ewan Bremner is excellent

If that sounds a bit confused, it's because I am.

Job

Just watched Lion, true story of adopted Indian boy who lost his original family as a young boy and his search for them..heavy going, but brilliant...proper tear jerker..10/10

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Just watched Lion, true story of adopted Indian boy who lost his original family as a young boy and his search for them..heavy going, but brilliant...proper tear jerker..10/10
Wow must be a 30/10 in hd then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom