The Force Awakens

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Oh yeah. And black clone? WTF?

Or is it racist to point that obvious shit out?

To be fair, we don't know he's actually a Stormtrooper. Just because he's wearing the uniform ("aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?" etc)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They wouldn't reuse the same (disguised as a storm trooper!) plot tool...would they?!?!??!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Sorry to disappoint @Scouse , you know we could go on a bit of a runaround this subject, but i don't have the energy right now. I'll juust say you have valid points, scepticism is understandable, it's only a trailer and we'll just have to (new) hope for the best and see what comes of it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
3 films worth of evidence that this will be utter, unmitigating bollocks.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Oh yeah. And black clone? WTF?

Or is it racist to point that obvious shit out?

I actually thought "woo token black guy!" before I thought "waaaaaait a minute, aren't all stormtroopers clones of Boba Fett's original incarnation of whom I forget the name or something?"

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I actually thought "woo token black guy!" before I thought "waaaaaait a minute, aren't all stormtroopers clones of Boba Fett's original incarnation of whom I forget the name or something?"
JANGO FETT!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Funnily enough there was no token black guy term when the original SW token black guy was around :p

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
1531680_873687045982828_6271938647715699335_n.jpg

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I bet they've got some more lightsaber gimmicks lined up. Next time it'll be a scythe or a boomerang or wolverine claws or something.

Gwadien

Yeah, they will, had the dual lightsaber, quad lightsaber, bent light saber, double edged light saber....

Ormorof

FH is my second home
im excited, and i (feel free to shoot me) feel that no matter how bad parts of the movies are 1-3 still have to be watched as part of the whole package (well maybe skip 1 it doesnt really add much)

cant see many crazy lightsaber wrist twirls with those mini lightsaber guard thingys though :)

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
As a 7 year old who was taken to the bright light of the Odeon in Leicester Square in 1977 (yes i'm that old) to see Star Wars, in the days when blockbuster film didn't reach local cinemas for about 4 weeks, it has been a huge part of my life, and i'm very much looking forward to this. I love what Abrams has done with the Star Trek films, so I think this is going to be good to

Of course its not going to match up to the original films, but I wish everyone would stop talking about how shit it is before its even been made

Its like reading the comments section on Digital Spy

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I was 8 years old when the phantom menace came out so I loved that shit. I didn't even realise that people hated jarjar until years later.

Gwadien

I was 8 years old when the phantom menace came out so I loved that shit. I didn't even realise that people hated jarjar until years later.
This.

I loved it, I thought it was epic, i didn't realise the hate.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I was 11 at the time. Left the cinema thinking that all the light sabre stuff was cool, but that it didn't really feel as a Star Wars movie. Watched it a couple of years later and realised it was garbage

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I don't expect everyone to like JarJars stuff, it's a style of it's own(like michael bay who still made one of the best action movies ever, id est bad boys), but even if the movie wasn't fan-atically approved, it's still a good movie entertainment wise. That's why i disagree, that and liking it, which would make me disagree wouldn't it :p

I usually don't care about who the hell directs, poduces, or wanks over a title screen. It still comes down to the +/- 2h that i'm spending on it and the cockles feeling of it all.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Looks like your are on your own there @DaGaffer

If Gene Rodenberry hadn't been shot into space already, his spinning grave could have powered the Enterprise for eternity. Abrams took Star Trek, fucked it, set fire to it, buried it a cess pit, dug it up, dry humped it, then set fire to it again. Then filmed it with extra lens flare. Cunt.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
You've got to be kidding. Into Darkness was the biggest pile of wank I've seen this decade.

While I didn't think it was anywhere as enjoyable as the first one, it wasn't on par with the likes of Transformers for being absolutely fucking garbage.

I'll definitely be hitting the cinema, if only to try and remove the previous three from my mind!

Gwadien

If Gene Rodenberry hadn't been shot into space already, his spinning grave could have powered the Enterprise for eternity. Abrams took Star Trek, fucked it, set fire to it, buried it a cess pit, dug it up, dry humped it, then set fire to it again. Then filmed it with extra lens flare. Cunt.

I can officially say, you're wrong.

Another flight to launch more of his ashes into deep space along with those of Majel (Barrett) Roddenberry, his widow who died in 2008, is planned for launch in 2016.[45]

ONLY PART OF HIM IS IN SPACE

SO HALF OF HIM HIS SPINNING IN HIS GRAVE

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bro had a cool theory on the crusader sword, that the vents on the side burst out flames because the saber is so powerful.

TdC

I can officially say, you're wrong.

Another flight to launch more of his ashes into deep space along with those of Majel (Barrett) Roddenberry, his widow who died in 2008, is planned for launch in 2016.[45]

ONLY PART OF HIM IS IN SPACE

SO HALF OF HIM HIS SPINNING IN HIS GRAVE

so he's a half-spin Roddenberry? FNAAAR PHYSICS JOKE KEKEKkeKeKeKEKE

TdC

Bro had a cool theory on the crusader sword, that the vents on the side burst out flames because the saber is so powerful.

nope, every saber is just as powerful as every other, that's why you can perform sword lock and have them grimace at each other and chat about the weather and such. iirc it's canon that a saber blade can cut through anything except another saber blade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom