The Force Awakens

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's looking good, rustic, old look, jedi shit. Though it shines through it's going to be a trilogy trilogy and things will be left in worse state then after the hobbit.

And that crusader lightsaber is awesome, impractical, no use at all, but cool as sith :p

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
based on the trailer alone, I am going to go on record and state that this one may actually be worth while.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I liked the trailer(I saw a different one one Facebook earlier??), but I lol'd a little at the sith lightsabre. First blade was long and looked fierce as fuck. Then the two small puny blades came out the side and then it just looked like an updated modern knight's swords

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
I liked the trailer(I saw a different one one Facebook earlier??), but I lol'd a little at the sith lightsabre. First blade was long and looked fierce as fuck. Then the two small puny blades came out the side and then it just looked like an updated modern knight's swords

and your point is ? the sticky out bits stop the blade sliding down the other blade and cutting your hand off at the wrist, its quite a sensible "upgrade" . less silly that double bladed sabers anyway ;)

/edit
there was a "trailer" of cgi and game cutscenes doing the round, fake thing was super fake

Mabs

It's impracticality, just to make it look "cool", made me groan.

Jedi's wouldn't be retards.

its really not though
ive lost the link but there was an interesting article someone did about the fact that lightsaber fighting styles were based on japanese samurai techniques and are in fact all fucking mental and would be more defensive. fighting with something the touch of which is almost instantly fatal you would want some kind of guard on your sword ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
you would want some kind of guard on your sword ;)

Not the sort of guard that means that it's impossible to use in certain ways without chopping your own wrists off or risking lacerations or self-impalation if you use it in certain ways.

The normal lightsabre is practical. Didn't need "sexing up". Prolly a decision by disney marketing.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The Crusader Sword is amazing wtf are you talking about :p the only thing that can block a light sabre effectively is another light sabre, the fact that the crusader sabres guards are mini light sabres means it has a proper guard on it vs other sabres.

CorNokZ

I'll cut the top off your crusader light sabre and you can come at me with your two little shitty glow in the dark sticklets

Mabs

Not the sort of guard that means that it's impossible to use in certain ways without chopping your own wrists off or risking lacerations or self-impalation if you use it in certain ways.

The normal lightsabre is practical. Didn't need "sexing up". Prolly a decision by disney marketing.

yea thats arguable,, but they always "update" the sabers, went from 1, to DOUBLE LOL in 1-3, so they were going to do -something- and id rather this than curved sabres or fuckknowswhat

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The only problem i see with is is that they look more like side torches then the usual firm(ooh!) lightsabre stuff.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I do admit at first i was in the camp(as seen on my first post) about the impracticality of the saber, but it was a hastily first impression. It's more of a crusader sword vs a katana thing. Probably will show in the fighting style as well and there are tons of jedi/sith fighting styles in the canon if i remember correctly.

Anyway, if that's the thing people will moan about and can't find anything else(like with jarjar), then it's going to be an excellent film.

The xwing surface flight / falcon camera drive made a bit of sexwee come out though.

Mabs

I do admit at first i was in the camp(as seen on my first post) about the impracticality of the saber, but it was a hastily first impression. It's more of a crusader sword vs a katana thing. Probably will show in the fighting style as well and there are tons of jedi/sith fighting styles in the canon if i remember correctly.

Anyway, if that's the thing people will moan about and can't find anything else(like with jarjar), then it's going to be an excellent film.

The xwing surface flight / falcon camera drive made a bit of sexwee come out though.

lol
i loved the TOTALLY UNNECCESARY WATER EFFECTS cos you would fly that low really :X

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I thought it looks pretty cool and I think I'll probably enjoy the movie

CorNokZ

Has Disney managed to.. Not fuck it up? I am very confused

mfw JarJar makes a brief appearance at the end of episode 7, ruining an otherwise good film

mfw-i-saw-that-my-study-abroad-program-has-a-ratio-of-girls-to-guys-and-people-54856.gif

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Fuck me, a room full of 12 year olds. The sword is utterly stupid. End of. And can I just point out the Phantom Menace trailer was fantastic and JJ Abrams is a hack.

#fanboysneverfuckinglearn

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
If they ever came up with a cheese burger box meal where the meat, cheese, salad and ketchup, along with the chips and the box were dog shit it would still taste better than how this film will taste.

It will be utter garbage, specifically designed to sell crappy merchandise up to and including bed sheets, tampons, anal beads and dog kennels.

You have already seen the important bits. Storm trooper clone questions his role, place in the world etc and fights against all odds against the hammy bad-guy with his unnecessary cross guards, all looks bad but the comedy droid thing running about on a beach ball saves the world.

spread out over 3 films.

georgie

FH is my second home
Fuck me, a room full of 12 year olds. The sword is utterly stupid. End of. And can I just point out the Phantom Menace trailer was fantastic and JJ Abrams is a hack.

#fanboysneverfuckinglearn

Well, aren't you just the ray of sunshine. :twak:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well ain't you a pair of cute little grumpy dads :p

Someone get them their slippers, pipe and mention kids on the front lawn. Should keep them busy until the movie is out.

(Could actually make an argument, but can't argue with hatebois)

Fweddy

FH is my second home
I'll enjoy the film just because it's Star Wars but that lightsaber is retarded. Another saber sliding down the blade or being caught in the guard would just slice through the handle part and you'd barely be able to bend your wrists without cutting yourself.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
If they ever came up with a cheese burger box meal where the meat, cheese, salad and ketchup, along with the chips and the box were dog shit it would still taste better than how this film will taste.

It will be utter garbage, specifically designed to sell crappy merchandise up to and including bed sheets, tampons, anal beads and dog kennels.

You have already seen the important bits. Storm trooper clone questions his role, place in the world etc and fights against all odds against the hammy bad-guy with his unnecessary cross guards, all looks bad but the comedy droid thing running about on a beach ball saves the world.

spread out over 3 films.

Which all films pretty much do now.

That being said, I'll still most likely go to the cinema to watch it.

If you want to watch something for a in depth interesting story line, watch a series.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
there are tons of jedi/sith fighting styles in the canon

Canon = first three films (IV-VI pedant) - nowt else ;)

But:
Anyway, if that's the thing people will moan about and can't find anything else(like with jarjar)

Jar-Jar wasn't just something to moan about. He was the worst idea in a film chock-full of utter shitness that came to symbolise everything that was shit about the film. Just when you were having a shit time JarJar'd turn up and show you how much worse it could be.

People were justified in their hate.

But yeah - other than the fucking fucking FUCKING awful lightsabre in the new trailer I'm clearly still wanting to see this.

I think the sabre was balanced out by the millenium falcon's loop-the-loop. Finally - a film that looks like star wars ;)

Yep. I agree completely. A mate went to disneyworld with his kids - there's a bit where you can make your own lightsabres - including side add-ons. It's clearly a marketing department decision where they've gone to JJ - "can we have lightsabre options?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom