Games The FM Wolves 2011/2012 challenge!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
0-0 at Anfield, Doyle did a Rosenthal and missed an open net!

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
and the season begins, Karl Henry sold to Swansea for 3.5 million, Hammill farmed out on loan

replaced by Rory Delap (anti-football here we come haha), Jay Spearing and Paul Pogba on loan with first option to buy

4-5-1 formation

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Beaten by City 2-1 despite having 54% possession and having more shots on target. :(

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
9 games played, 17 points on the board. Not too bad.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Bought Lambert from Southampton. An absolute god in pre-season, he just put 4 past Malaga. I will post transfers and whatnot at the start of the season proper.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Club is turning £1 million profit a month at the moment and the cunting owner won't extend the wage budget!

Will post a selection of screens after league match 13, it will give a nice breakdown of what I have done.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Starting to struggle now, alot of injuries and suspensions combined with a lack of squad depth.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
haha England are screwed. Stuart Pearce is the manager, Steve Bruce is managing the U21, and Dennis Wise!! is in charge of the U20's

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Forgot to get screenies of before the 1st game.

Anyway. 1st Premiership game. Thumped Lollerpool 3.0...standard

1st game.png

Transfers

Transfers.png

Got rid of a couple of decent players but they didn't fit my tactics unfortunately and I see no reason to keep them.

- English -

Resident Freddy
I see you have a tactics folder? what happens in there? is it a new feature of FM?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I see you have a tactics folder? what happens in there? is it a new feature of FM?

No, its just where I save my tactics. I had to reinstall it so made sure I backed up my saves and tactics from previous games. - I have a 5 season old Spurs game on the go from the lst time I played it about 6 months ago.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
£5.5m on Caldwell.... LOL

It's the only position I needed and he had just signed for someone else. I had 7 million to spend and had every other slot pretty much sorted out. He also fitted my wage bill. He isn't the best in the world but covers DC and defensive midfield nicely, he can also go on the right when desperate. It's not like I could have attracted anyone else, nobody was transfer listed and everyone else is on crazy money each week.

As it's a one season only game I don't really care about saving any money for future signings.

- English -

Resident Freddy
No, its just where I save my tactics. I had to reinstall it so made sure I backed up my saves and tactics from previous games. - I have a 5 season old Spurs game on the go from the lst time I played it about 6 months ago.

Dont your tactics change for each game / each team?
I mean surely you cannot use your spurs tactics with wolves?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
13 games played, 7th in the league with 22 points. On this form I might make a Europa League spot.

Attachments

• fm7.png
    fm7.png
    495.9 KB · Views: 7
  • fm8.png
    fm8.png
    386.1 KB · Views: 7
  • fm9.png
    fm9.png
    455.3 KB · Views: 7

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Not really. Hence why I offloaded some players and bought replacements. FM is pretty simple once you have a couple of tactics that work. For average/low teams I play 4 defenders, a defensive midfielder, 2 central midfielders and 3 strikers. It dominates some teams and cancels others out. No point changing it if works.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Gonna crack on and try get the first half of the season done before bed.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Not really :D

Know your scouting son. Buying from the Prem at that end is a bit silly.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It is but for a 1 season challenge, who cares? It's not like I am building for the future or anything.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Exactly why you should aim higher than a championship standard player who happens to be in the PL :D

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Just reached the start of the season. Quiet on the transfer front really. Pogba deal fell through (too many loans), Henry to Swansea fell through (they ran out of money apparently). Balotelli listed for loan by City, but apparently he couldnt understand what anyone in Wolverhampton was saying so turned us down :(

2012-08-21_00001.jpg2012-08-21_00002.jpg

Arsenal splashed a fair amount of cash out in the close season as well...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
5 games in now - going to call it a night though, would have liked to have done half the season but had to re-download the game

League table

5 games in.png
Results so far

so far.png

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Tailing off a bit again but the transfer window is about to open, plan to bring in a player or two. 7th in the league, 19 games played and 32 points.

Attachments

• fm10.png
    fm10.png
    490 KB · Views: 7
  • fm11.png
    fm11.png
    457 KB · Views: 7
  • fm12.png
    fm12.png
    387.9 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom