"The First Line of Defense" -- The Official SS Movie!

F

Flimgoblin

good stuff, nice to see something other than "Look at us we pwn fgs of teh enemy!" :)

looking forward to some more :) (hopefully some story-based ones too)

H

heath

Well, i was impressed by it. Very good work Belo, and because i know Belo is to polite to mention it

Apathy....why don't you go take your face for a shit and take your comments elsewhere ((o:

Excuse my french.

P

phule_gubben

Guldbagge nominering IMO.

Well done Cerdin.

:great:

A

adari

Nicely done

Only thing that I find silly is reading "courage" and "strength" when I see 2fg ganking a kobold in the background :p

The rest of the text n music is well chosen and looks good though

May I ask what programs you used to tape this and edit this?

I

Iswind

Wow that keep lord got one fiiiine looking cloak ;)

I

Iswind

Originally posted by adari
Nicely done

Only thing that I find silly is reading "courage" and "strength" when I see 2fg ganking a kobold in the background :p

The rest, text n music is well chosen and looks good though

May I ask what programs you used to tape this and edit this?

Lol that gotta be the funniest comment today :D

M

mastade

i like the part where there is a slider that says:" COURAGE" and 3 albs are beating 1 healer :D

I

Iswind

ohh and btw nice work with camera angels and such :)

And it looks very nice when it says bla bla Heroes and that scout draws his bow.

What kinda apps did you use to make the movie ?

D

duact

nice made movie.

when "strength" rolls ower the screen and i see 5fg albs i have the proof that alb strength is in numbers

S

saltymcpepper

i liked how you cant tell who any of the people in the vid are, till it gets to 2 min 17 secs in and you just know its outlaw:D

O

old.m0000

Originally posted by Apathy
No more cheesy DAOC movies with soundtracks from Titanic or Gladiator. Please.

a.

here here, although the movie was good - this kind of thing is getting old.

S

sollers_natus

Originally posted by saltymcpepper
i liked how you cant tell who any of the people in the vid are, till it gets to 2 min 17 secs in and you just know its outlaw:D

Indeed, and that makes you wonder why....

His way of casting perhaps? ^^

Feel free to suggest !

H

hercules-df

film one of our middie molesting keep defence sessions next dude :)

O

old.Outlaw

lol ye but did u see my reaction speed on that Norse :cool:

X

xajorkith

Even though it's done by an alb I thought it was quite good...

Though I thought it was funny where the word "Honour" flashes past ... just as a fleeing poor young female dwarf is being hacked to death from behind by 2 albs.... :p

O

ormagaa

Originally posted by mastade
i like the part where there is a slider that says:" COURAGE" and 3 albs are beating 1 healer :D

ok, im pissed off

IM THE HEALER1!#¤"¤%&"424

:D

I got the movielink from a friend, he said u seen it, I said nope, and damn i laughed when i saw you were beating ME in it. in closeup. im a moviestar. btw i sign autographs for those who want. I really hoped you included me in the credits but no no.

Joking around, but really nice movie mate. keep up the good work, but leave the ganking of me out in the next one mkay?

D

Draylor

Very nice Belomar :)

Cant quite work out why the largest guild in the realm needs a "promotional video", but thats hardly important ;)

P

phule_gubben

Originally posted by old.Outlaw
lol ye but did u see my reaction speed on that Norse :cool:

No, but then again the movie was about DAoC not j00.

:lol:

G

Garnet

Downloaded but the screen is just blank...it says the words on the screen but then it goes all black...why?

C

cougar-

Originally posted by Garnet
Downloaded but the screen is just blank...it says the words on the screen but then it goes all black...why?

you need correct codex.

B

Belomar

Again, thanks all for the compliments. The movie was made using Fraps (http://www.fraps.com for download, the new 2.0 version costs money) and edited using Adobe Premiere. The soundtrack is, as some people correctly have pointed out, from Armageddon (so no, Apathy, it's not Titanic). Those of you thinking it's too cheesy can keep on thinking this, I had fun making it and I like it the way it is. :)
Originally posted by adari
A very good point. :D On the other hand, this is what assist does to you... Hardly fair to the poor support classes out there. And the fight itself was a fair FG-vs-FG fight, as far as I know (this was when the Pro Patria group was rushing to get into Bledmeer, which GoL + HB + BF were sieging at the time).
Originally posted by duact
when "strength" rolls ower the screen and i see 5fg albs i have the proof that alb strength is in numbers
Like I said, we were sieging Bledmeer. Besides, the camera does not show the 5 FGs of Mids that just arrived at the keep and who made the regretful(?) tactical mistake of not porting inside but instead thought they could gank us on the slope. Well, we showed em the error of their ways. :)
Outlaw surely is unmistakeable, I agree. :)
Originally posted by old.m0000
here here, although the movie was good - this kind of thing is getting old.
How could it be old? I have yet to see any Excal movies like this, just gank movies. I, and it seems many with me, think this was a nice change.
Originally posted by ormagaa
Joking around, but really nice movie mate. keep up the good work, but leave the ganking of me out in the next one mkay?
Hehe, I had my interface turned off so I couldn't see any names, but I was pretty sure it had to be you... Though you used to have a helm and not that crown, right? ;)
Originally posted by Draylor
Cant quite work out why the largest guild in the realm needs a "promotional video", but thats hardly important ;)
Cough, um, well, it's a propaganda movie to make our enemies fear us. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread