The Feedback & What-Are-You-Up-To Thread

TheJkWhoSaysNi

One of Freddy's beloved
Thanks, dont know why but that error wasnt showing up in Firefox for me. Anyway, i fixed it a better way:

if (page == null) page = "index";

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
you could add cursor: hand; to the buttons CSS

as the whole button is te link,but the hand only shows up on the text

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Nice suggestion, wyrd_fish :) Just to be overly picky, if you use 'cursor:pointer' you get the same 'hand' effect but this value conforms with CSS standards whereas 'hand' is something the browser makers invented. Like I say, overly picky, but just for I'd mention it for future reference.

Nice work, TheJkWhoSaysNi :)

Kind Regards

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
"cursor: pointer" is the correct value in all current browsers, however if you need IE4/5 support then you need to specify the incorrect "hand" as well.

You can use the cascade to your advantage here and should find that the following will work:
Code:
foo 
{
  cursor: hand;
  cursor: pointer;
}

Both "hand" and "pointer" work in IE6.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Alternatively to specifying a different cursor on the parent element of the link (what forms the "button"), you could alternatively change the display of the link to "block". This causes the link to be clickable over the whole area of the button. It does tend to need a bit of tweaking to get right, but this should hopefully get you started, if you're so inclined:

Code:
foo a
{
  display: block;
  width: 100%;
}

You will need to tweak that to get sizes and spacing right, but the principal is the important bit.

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
At the moment I'm just trying to set up my own ftp. New to it all so taking it one step at a time.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Well, right now I've got a kind-of ongoing redesign on my personal site, having just migrated from b2Evolution to Wordpress for backend power. Seems to have gone well with most links resolving valid.

I was aiming to get a proper redesign done in time for CSS Reboot but work is much harder at uni so that wont happen. I think I'll just be evolving my site as and when I get time for now.

As and when I do make some progress on my site, it'll be some of these things:
  • Getting a custom theme made based off 12 months of sketches
  • Writing Wordpress plugins for del.icio.us, flickr and Audioscrobbler using XSLT
  • Looking for ways to magically integrate my site with as many web services as possible, without cluttering it. Ha!

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
at the moment i'm dicking about with a server in my cellar

nowt special on it atm... but i'm enjoying fiddeling with it

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I mentioned this in the flash validation thread, but anyway I'm working on Kick Start Physiotherapy at the moment. It's kind oif silly but I'm more pleased about the heart in the logo than anything else, did it in Fireworks 8. :)

Doing some video work for another site after I finished this one.

Gef, I like the Intranet design, looks pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom