Formula 1 The F1 jibber jabber thread.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I wouldnt have put Sainz as a vettel replacement. Will have to wait an see. I guess he will be the number 2 in the team and no more le clerc fights.
He will be number 2 definitely. Leclerc was the better driver last season and Ferrari aren't that stupid.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
He will be number 2 definitely. Leclerc was the better driver last season and Ferrari aren't that stupid.

I think they'll make a good partnership - Sainz has been very consistent in McLaren this year and should do a good job of making sure they maximise points without rocking the boat...

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Formula 1: Deal reached to hold British Grand Prix but quarantine questions remain

2 races at Silverstone, should they ever get going and providing they can get a exemption.

Well, exactly - the races would be 'behind closed doors' and the F1 bosses are doing absolutely everything to try to make this happen - isolating all teams, all staff tested every 2 days and so on... they NEED to run races or their business collapses. As a fan, I genuinely hope they can do it but with proper protection and safeguards for team members....

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Well, exactly - the races would be 'behind closed doors' and the F1 bosses are doing absolutely everything to try to make this happen - isolating all teams, all staff tested every 2 days and so on... they NEED to run races or their business collapses. As a fan, I genuinely hope they can do it but with proper protection and safeguards for team members....
Its not just the teams its all the marshals and track staff needed as well.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
About to watch the first race of Formula racing this year, F3.

So glad it is back :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
@Jupitus hope you are sat in front of the tv with a beer for qualifying! 🍻

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fucking lol @ vettel

Leclerc 10th

and it is only Q2.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
@Jupitus hope you are sat in front of the tv with a beer for qualifying! 🍻

Of course!

Ferrari are fucked at least until Hungary - would be a remarkable recovery if it happens.

Go Go Lando, I say - rumours right now that HAM didn't slow for the yellows which might get Lando into 3rd on grid!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Have a brother in-law at Mercedes and one at McLaren, was supposed to be getting paddock tickets this year :(

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Have a brother in-law at Mercedes and one at McLaren, was supposed to be getting paddock tickets this year :(

That's bloody grim timing then, eh? Sorry to hear it!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's an aero rake, used in testing to measure airflow over parts of the car. I've no idea why they chose to use that image for that article, though.
I wondered if F1 had gone full pussy in my absence!

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I wondered if F1 had gone full pussy in my absence!
Each square in the 'rake' has a precise air pressure sensor so they can determine exactly what is happening with airflow around the car and see if it matches the data they gathered in the wind tunnel - the correlation between them is essential and sometimes not there, which causes teams many issues... FYI

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Stewards reversed their decision - HAM gets 3 place grid penalty so starts 5th, Lando 3rd... this is gonna be a spicy race I reckon!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Pity that Verstappen's a DNF after Red Bull ran to the teacher to get Mercedes in trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom