Formula 1 The F1 jibber jabber thread.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm torn between the Renault and the Merc as the best lookers. Merc = elegant, Renault = fierce.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
w895rw827nky.jpg

Embattle

FH is my second home
They'll do better if they load it on the tow truck at the start of the race.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
My god! I am amazed noone has yet commented here - absolutely epic qualifying today in Melbourne and the cars' speed through corners / turn-in is totally monster!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
My god! I am amazed noone has yet commented here - absolutely epic qualifying today in Melbourne and the cars' speed through corners / turn-in is totally monster!
It was! I was impressed with Bottas, I didn't think he'd be that close to Hamilton so early in his Merc career. Monster laps from Lewis of course and I actually didn't expect Vettel to get on the front row. Mercedes were clearly bossing it in FP1 and FP2 but Ferrari found that extra pace in FP3 and carried it into quali. These new cars seem to have a very specific sweet spot and either side of that they suddenly become much much slower.

I thought Palmer came across as a complete twat in his interview after failing to progress - it was him that smashed the car up in FP2 and then he was moaning about it the next day. I want to like him but he just doesn't seem to be very good in an F1 car.

Embattle

FH is my second home
TBH so far I just don't rate Palmer and I suspect without some massive turn around he won't make it to next year in F1.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
TBH so far I just don't rate Palmer and I suspect without some massive turn around he won't make it to next year in F1.

He has showed some promise last season, but overall I agree and his bitching today didn't do him any favours at all!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
How does Magnussen have a seat? The boy can't drive drive

Embattle

FH is my second home
I think we can honestly say the McLaren is actually getting worse each year, probably each race as well.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think we can honestly say the McLaren is actually getting worse each year, probably each race as well.

It looks that way, sadly. There are rumours out there that Mercedes might be given a remit to help Honda with engine tech to help them catch up, but Wolff said it's not the case ... :unsure:

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Pretty good race, mercedes strategy was on point.
Vettel should've pitted under VSC, it saved hamilton 5s at least and then bottas blocking vettel cost him another 5.
Raikkonen not being there to defend that strategy cost ferrari the win.

Ferrari looked like the stronger car this weekend.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
It was monaco. idk what else you'd expect with no rain.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Last fifteen laps were ok. Few taps and crashes. But monaco is always a procession.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Yeah it is always a spectacle, not a race and now even more so.

Also with more aero making the dirty air problem even worse.

Regs this season are pretty stupid honestly.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Alonso is doing quite well in the indy 500, trading the lead with his team mate for fuel saving, but it's a long long race and it's nowhere near enough to say much about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom