Formula 1 The F1 jibber jabber thread.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
He's reached the pinnacle of his sport, and has more money than he can ever spend.
He'll be a bit bummed about letting you down @Scouse, but I guess he wants to spend the next decade raising his own child, rather than go back to working alongside one.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He's reached the pinnacle of his sport, and has more money than he can ever spend.
Yeah, but it's weird. If you love a sport you don't give it up, especially so young. It's a weird and unexpected decision.

Maybe he figures he's never got a chance of winning it again, or defending it. But it's a bit lame. It's like is heart isn't really in it.

But he's not letting me down at all. I bailed on F1 a number of years ago after over a decade of constant tedium. When the opening show is better than the racing it's time to go. I was serious when I said this decision is more interesting than F1 itself.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
He can take a year or two with his wife, join a WEC or le mans team, run indy, he can still race - just not on the f1 intense calendar.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Suspicious. Hamilton will be pissed off tho cos now he can never beat Nico! Who will be 'unbeaten'.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Suspicious. Hamilton will be pissed off tho cos now he can never beat Nico! Who will be 'unbeaten'.

Except Hamilton beat him the two previous years and knows full well he's a better driver. Doubt he'll give a shit about Nico TBH, he'll be more concerned about whether the other seat goes to one of the four drivers who are actually as good as him.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It'll be between Vettel, Wehrlein and Bottas I expect.

I fail to see how Rosberg's move is "classy" as I've seen people say. He knows he was lucky to get it this year, he knows he wouldn't have a chance in hell without his teammate's bad luck. It'll be interesting to see how Hamilton fairs with an actual top-tier driver alongside him.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I don't think it will happen, but he'd be my choice.

Thing about this is that McClaren don't have tons of cash currently, so be able to charge top dollar + contract buyout for Alonso could be attractive.... they also have a contract on JB if they feel they do need someone with experience alongside a newcomer.... I'm very doubtful this will happen, but I have seen stranger events in F1.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If he left them they would be finished, contract payout or not.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Looks like it. I don't know why Williams are dragging Massa out of retirement though, I'm sure they could be more competitive with Wehrlein or another youngster.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Looks like it. I don't know why Williams are dragging Massa out of retirement though, I'm sure they could be more competitive with Wehrlein or another youngster.

It's their Martini sponsorship - they need a driver over 25 for promos....

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Pity Verstappen is contracted up, that would have been very interesting. Either way I'll be supporting him next season, guys a star. Who knows with the new regs he might even get a few wins, or more.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Hopefully it can go forward now, not overly hopeful though.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Dont they own virgin media as well?

Wonder if that will give them an advantage in screening the events

Embattle

FH is my second home
That is technically a asset of Liberty Global which is owned by the same bloke as Liberty media.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I just want them to allow the top teams to push the fuck out of it.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yeah - that merc looks really nice :) No obvious dramatic aero tricks spotted yet, but you can bet Scarbs and others will be poring over the pictures, zoomed in :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
All of the cars announced so far...

That McLaren colour scheme is going to take some getting used to (putting it politely).

Last edited:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
All of the cars announced so far...

That McLaren colour scheme is going to take some getting used to (putting it politely).

I like it.

I was kind of hoping broken-nosed F1 cars were a thing of the past, but can't have everything.

NB. That list is missing the Williams:
williams.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom