Formula 1 The F1 jibber jabber thread.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
How are you not sure?
You do realise the drivers/engineers have the majority of input on race strategy right?

It's just not remotely conceivable that Alonso didn't know.
It's like trying to argue Hitler didn't know they were gassing jews or something similarly staggeringly inane. [head assplosion gif here]

If you read the radio transcript, Alonso's engineer was confused as to why Symmonds wanted Alonso in early. Not sure if Alonso knew, but I'm pretty sure his engineer didn't.

@RB yes, Piquet Jr has said that it was all arranged before the race.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
If you read the radio transcript, Alonso's engineer was confused as to why Symmonds wanted Alonso in early. Not sure if Alonso knew, but I'm pretty sure his engineer didn't.

@RB yes, Piquet Jr has said that it was all arranged before the race.

It was a no win strategy, Alonso knew that he is a clever chap. Something pretty serious had to happen for that strat to work, a SC on lap 13 would have been a miracle.

And yet it happened. as by magic....or a slightly heavier right foot than normal when you shouldnt.

If youre going to sack your driver you had better make damn sure he doesnt have dirt on you..

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Bleh c'mon, they got off super-lightly. Having a sneaky peek at your opposition's files is one thing and telling your driver to tell a little fib is another but telling a driver to crash and endanger his own life and other lives around him is just totally something else.

And I know Briatore and Symonds went already but I was expecting much more of a punishment than this.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Yeah it's bullshit.

Ferrari don't want Alonso punished as he's going there next year and the FIA knows any monetary punishment or heavy punishment means Renault quit F1... sackless decision.

Kryten

Old Cow.
"Punish us and we'll just quite motorsport"

Bah, how lenient.
McLaren get fined $100m and thrown out of championship for possessing someone elses documents. Renault also found guilty - not charged.

Renault, found guilty of endangering lives by forcing a crash on purpose. Get away with next to no punishment.

Am however glad to see Briatore banned from F1 for life. According to the statement's wording he is actually banned from even going to watch.

And I also agree with Martin Brundles sentiments about Piquet being a moron too.

it is however possibly worth noting that the "suspended ban" is a permanent one, so should they cross the line again, they're out for good. That however, is not likely to happen.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
by the time the ban comes to place Renault will have left anyway, seems a bit of a slap on the wrist punishment tbh.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Pretty sure they got off because the few responsible are already gone. At McLaren there was a culture of lies and deception that was fairly widespread.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Passing the buck game. Still think the company should of gotten some sort of financial fine.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Bump for singapore, it seems like the red bulls found their pace again - ironically something Jensen must actually want as anything that stops Rubens winning any of the last three races seals the deal for him.

Who would had thought at the end of the 2008 season that we'd have back to back British Champions.... and not both called Lewis Hamilton lol.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Bump for singapore, it seems like the red bulls found their pace again - ironically something Jensen must actually want as anything that stops Rubens winning any of the last three races seals the deal for him.

Who would had thought at the end of the 2008 season that we'd have back to back British Champions.... and not both called Lewis Hamilton lol.

hehe true, I think the cars sound cool especially with surround sound up like they are driving through a tunnel as if its echoing around the track.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Plus of course the whole shooting match looks absolutely bloody marvellous under lights.

Looking good for Lewis, damned strong qualifying session. Shame about Rubens though, but lets face it that didn't do him much harm. Starts from 10th on the grid after that crash (5th + 5 dock for new gearbox)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Brazil this weekend :)
I really enjoyed Japan though, qualifying was total carnage.

Practice looked mixed, I guess we have to wait for Qualifying to make any race pace predictions.

Jenson only needs 6 points to take the title. ( While rubens winning both races would tie then Jenson would win on race victories ).

Brawn only need half a point to win the constructors ( almost impossible that they dont win it ).

Vettel is a bigger threat than Barichello though, as if the brawns are good they are both good and Barichello needs a 1st+2nd at minimum to get it done, while avoiding Jenson getting his six points.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
What a qualifying session... if I didn't know better I'd say Bernie has waved his magic wand at this one ;)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The weights are not available yet, but they should be pretty interesting... I can't see Rubens parking it on pole with an ultra light fuel load to hurt his championship chances.... so I think he has a very legitimate shot at winning tomorrow.

If he wins and button from 14th fails to score...shits on next weekend :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Yay weights are out.

1. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 650.5kg
2. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 656
3. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 656.5
4. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 658.5
5. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 651.5
6. Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso, 659
7. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 657
8. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 656
9. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams, 664
10. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 652

Looking at the weighs, it looks like Raikkonen was only fast due to fuelling light and won't have a good showing tomorrow.

Rubens is lighter but he's obviously going to push from the get go and try and build up a lead for the pit stops.

Trulli and Buemi look like they have good comparative fuel loads also.

It wouldn't surprise me if Trulli ends up ahead of Sutil and Sutil takes them both off trying to retake :)

The black horse is Naka naka naka.

He's fuelled quite a bit heavier than the rest of the top 10... and if the rain/safety cars appear he's going to be in prime position to take advantage.

I have a secret driver crush on the Nakman and would love to see him do well.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Yay weights are out.

1. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 650.5kg
2. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 656
3. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 656.5
4. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 658.5
5. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 651.5
6. Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso, 659
7. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 657
8. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 656
9. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams, 664
10. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 652

Looking at the weighs, it looks like Raikkonen was only fast due to fuelling light and won't have a good showing tomorrow.

Rubens is lighter but he's obviously going to push from the get go and try and build up a lead for the pit stops.

Trulli and Buemi look like they have good comparative fuel loads also.

It wouldn't surprise me if Trulli ends up ahead of Sutil and Sutil takes them both off trying to retake :)

The black horse is Naka naka naka.

He's fuelled quite a bit heavier than the rest of the top 10... and if the rain/safety cars appear he's going to be in prime position to take advantage.

I have a secret driver crush on the Nakman and would love to see him do well.

Watch for safety cars.

If its pouring like this week, at least a couple of SCs

Kryten

Old Cow.
Barichello to win it, Raikkonen in second and a very surprised driver from the usual suspects in 3rd. Button maybe? Does he have the balls? With plenty of safety cars involved, we could be looking at Vettel or Hamilton there I think.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Button may not want to lose the championship but neither does he seem to be trying hard enough to win it either.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Not even lap 30 yet but more overtaking so far than the whole season so far! Button doing well...

Uara

Part of the furniture
Well Button's done it......good on him!! Although it looked a bit dodgy couple of races ago!

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Well that was a surprise... Good for him and the Brits win again!

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Button may not want to lose the championship but neither does he seem to be trying hard enough to win it either.

At the time you said this I would have agreed. But bloody hell he looked like he was trying today, especially in those first few laps. The most exciting F1 has been all season.

RB

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Great race and lots of effort from the contenders rather than playing by numbers. If Button had won on maths I'd still have said he deserved the title from his early season performances, but now he has shown he is fighting for it again and deserves the title without any questions asked.

Good season

Good winner

Great race!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom