Football the European Championship thread

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
He wasn't onside Castus? Ofc he was onside! Do you think a defender should be able to just walk out the goal line and make everyone infront of him offside? No no no.. Ruud was onside when scored, no doubt about it

3-0 as we speak ;p

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
He wasn't onside Castus? Ofc he was onside! Do you think a defender should be able to just walk out the goal line and make everyone infront of him offside? No no no.. Ruud was onside when scored, no doubt about it

3-0 as we speak ;p

I actually spent several minutes googling this after the goal and i'm still undecided what the rules actually say. Fooking retarded offside rule.

Technically you need 2 defenders between you and the goal line, so stepping back over the line (in the exact phrasing of the rules) means you arn't playing them onside.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I say said in the prediction thread:

HOLLAND >>>>>>>>>>>> all ;)

Sneijder + Rafa Van der Vaart are just above every1 else :p

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I say said in the prediction thread:

HOLLAND >>>>>>>>>>>> all ;)

Sneijder + Rafa Van der Vaart are just above every1 else :p

well, wait and see. Their defense is one big mess. I don't think they can hold back a team like portugal.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
OHHH HOLLAND SUPPPPERR HOLLANND, was the team i wanted to win the compotition. But didnt have the guts to put any money on it due to their group... wish i had now tho :)

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
played, NL!
(and apparently, that wasn´t offisde :))

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
WAZZAAAH WAZZAAAAHHH brb getting drunk... even more xD

waooeeoeovoivdoiadvc,c, mv,mv,vvxxv

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
There is a clear difference between watching the game and just looking at the statistics.

In same periods of the game, Turkey looked promising on the counter attack especially.

Haha, even gave me a negative point for my comment.

Tell me, are you Turkish by any chance?

2 goals for Portugal, one goal not given, 3 bar/post hits: could have been 6 : 0.

How many near goal counter attacks did Turkey have?

Lucius

Banned
I'm still not really convinced, the blatantly offside goal demoralised Italy but credit to Holland who scored two fantastic goals.

I think if they meet Germany or Portugal in the later stages they are out.

Edit: Manisch, I'm not Turkish, once again, watch a replay of the game and you will see rather than looking at statistics :)

Also, you should note that in my original post I said that in the first half Turkey looked good when going forward, not that they were the better team throughout.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Germany: no game tactics it's just; search for either Klose or Podolsky from the wings and pray they invent summat (or the defense makes big mistakes like Poland did).

It's Podolski.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Germany has a versatile/varying attack system. If you haven't seen them playing an attack through the middle, then it maybe was too fast for you :p.

Compared to the pre Klinsmann/Löw national teams Germany is all about system and tactics play and not just wooden defense and set pieces (currently a weak point). It's even written down on paper, so the whole German Football Association uses the same philosophy. Something England lacked me thinks (youth work).

They busted Portugal 2 years ago, so the finalist from groups A & B could be likely Germany.

Gonna see how group D plays tomorrow, Holland has a fast attack team and a 1,96 man before the defense and a very good goal keeper, looks currently like the 2nd finalist to me.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
romania its defense is amazing sometimes :p

It was nice how they covered Ribbery, but standing with 11 men in own half and doing little for the offense isn't amazing defense, it's boredom :p.

But hell, Greece won it with such amazing defense and as we know winning is modern and amazing :).

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Holland was impressive, Germany too. Would not send France and Italy back home yet...They are very capable to change everything on second match.

Agreed with manisch on germany attack, there is really a pre klinsman and a post klinsman on how germany attacks.

The semifinals for group A & B seems easier to predict than the one for C & D, atm...

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Well deserved win for Holland. First half they were making chances and quick on the counter. Italy just gave the ball away far to cheaply for my liking.

CorNokZ

Serves the diving bastards well!

Either Holland or Sweden as European Champions please :)

Lucius

Banned
"If a defending player steps behind his own goal line in oder to place an opponent in an offside position, the referee shall allow play to continue and caution the defender [...]".

What relevence did that statement have? The defender didn't step behind his own goal deliberately to make Van Nistelrooy off side, he was off the pitch before the shot even came in.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
What relevence did that statement have? The defender didn't step behind his own goal deliberately to make Van Nistelrooy off side, he was off the pitch before the shot even came in.

What relevance does deliberately setting someone offside or not have todo with anything? It's a rule, follow it. Else anyone can fake dieíng off the pitch, once the ball gets near.

CorNokZ

Just face it, Van Nisterooy was onside! It's the rules as tut said..

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Sorry Gahn!

Shit happens dude, and our defence this time is actually shit (event tho our ct is mad to play 4 3 3 against holland lol).
Well played Holland!
Not sure and i don't care what's the offside rule, there was a penalty on Van Nilsteroy before, credit to him to not diving also!

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Shit happens dude, and our defence this time is actually shit (event tho our ct is mad to play 4 3 3 against holland lol).
Well played Holland!
Not sure and i don't care what's the offside rule, there was a penalty on Van Nilsteroy before, credit to him to not diving also!

well tbh, enough dutch people in the summer comming near you that you can get revenge on:p

Lethul

FH is my second home
Lethul: I`ve drawn Sweden in the work sweepstake. You guys gonna win me some loot?:worthy:

I don't think so sadly :p Our shitty manager won't play an offensive team so we will at best get 0-0 vs all teams :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom