Football the European Championship thread

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Turkey would of stood a chance if they didnt have Septimas icon playing in every position.

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
Just been very impressed by the fight the Austrians put up. I thought they would of fallen apart after the penalty but they ran rampant for much of the second half and the latter half of the first. Same prob as the Swiss though, can't finish for shit.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Good start for Germany. Podolski seems to be in top form. Although Poland was not the strongest opponent, I´m looking forward to GER against the other/stronger teams.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
2morrow:

France - Romania

Netherlands - Italy

France - Romania:
Will be intresting, romania did very well in the qualifies but has to proove its skill vs the world cup finalist France.

Netherlands - Italy:
Both teams suffering from injuries (netherlands: Van Persie, Robben, Babel; italy: euh they have one important injury forgot wich).
I somehow doubt us orange can beat italy, but who knows the ball is round.

Calo

Part of the furniture
2morrow:

France - Romania

Netherlands - Italy

France - Romania:
Will be intresting, romania did very well in the qualifies but has to proove its skill vs the world cup finalist France.

Netherlands - Italy:
Both teams suffering from injuries (netherlands: Van Persie, Robben, Babel; italy: euh they have one important injury forgot wich).

You mean cannavaro the captian of italy.

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Good start for Germany. Podolski seems to be in top form. Although Poland was not the strongest opponent, I´m looking forward to GER against the other/stronger teams.

Who would you suggest are strong opponents? Really I can't see them being tested until the semi finals, maybe with a Ger, Ita, Fra, Port grouping.

I think Germany just ooze professionalism. They are like what England SHOULD be like =) Professional, classy when there is time, but they get the job done :D

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
2morrow:

France - Romania

Netherlands - Italy

France - Romania:

Netherlands - Italy:

Italy are missing Cannavaro and Nesta, their 2 centre backs. Means Barzagli (typical italian centre back, excellent tackler, top speed of about a mile a week) and Materazzi (chances of getting sent off = 50/50) are likely to play. Still good defenders, but not the class of Cannavaro and Nesta. Italy arn't all that really, still think they were very lucky to win the last World Cup, and they're defenitely beatable.

France are always tempremental, they could be class, could not get out of the group. The same could be said of Holland, but they're showing a lot of promise.

You'd expect Rumania to finish bottom of the group, but they've got a young, promising side, and could be the Greece of Euro 2008. Maybe it will not be this year, but give them 4 more and they could be a decent side.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Can't say am impressed so far.
Portugal: nice ball handling as usual but they kinda miss a goleador tbh.
Germany: no game tactics it's just; search for either Klose or Podolsky from the wings and pray they invent summat (or the defense makes big mistakes like Poland did).
Croatia: doesn't have the depth to achieve anything.
Czech Rep.: Can we say the team needs a refoundation from scratch?
As for the rest ... well :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Croatia played very poorly after 25 minutes, the players just defended, but they are capable of much more.

I have to disagree about Germany, they played a very good passing game, made space well by switching flanks and totally dominated Poland and gave them only one clear chance -which was offside.

The czechs just are not the same free flowing attacking side anymore. But I would not rule them out, Koller was poor in the first game but we know what he is capable of.

Portugal were given a lot of space by Turkey and flourished. I think there is a lot more to come from them, unlike the czechs they are just as good if not better than they were at the last Euro's.

One more thing, is it just me or have all the teams apart from Germany and Portugal so far really suffered from a lack of fitness?

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Croatia look knackered after 30mins and Austria look terrified when they got near the Croation box. The game turned into schoolyard football =)

Lucius

Banned
I think Lahm impressed me the most, he was fantastic. Jensen doesn't look very good and I think teams will pick up on this, the right side may be a problem for Germany. Schweinsteiger didn't have a good game but I hope he picks up his form because I can't wait to see him.

Italy probably have the weakest side out of the big three but I just think that the Italians are masters of football and will know how to win games, Holland to go out for me, they seem as over-rated as Spain have been in the last 4 years.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Lahm has always been a class act, loves Munich though so i don't think he'll be joining a big team in the near future. Jansen looks alright, he is young, he'll get better. Schweinsteiger is over-rated.

Marc

FH is my second home
Ive never bought into the hype about Shweinsteiger. Sure hes athletic but he looks so clumsy at times.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
What a god awful game that was. what a disappointment from the French attacking players. No flair, no effort.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
What a god awful game that was. what a disappointment from the French attacking players. No flair, no effort.

same happend vs holland during qualifies though..

romania its defense is amazing sometimes :p

well..

he lads we havent got the ball!!

right!

/10 man sprint off to own 16 yard!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Even with the Romanian defence, the French attacking was shocking. Their was no imagination, nothing.

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
Lol that was just simply boring as hell, bit like watching England play :)

French midfield was just so poor today, no supply whatsoever to Benzema/Anelka.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
In the history of most blatant offsides we`ve just witnessed the most blatant. Blind people in lost amazonian tribes all shouted offside when van horselroy poked that 1 in! Typical cheating Dutchies tho!

Lethul

FH is my second home
nice to see a diving italian getting punished for it.

Panucci -> :sex: <- Nistelroy

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Yeh good goal but cant` help feeling the Italians all relaxed an switched off once they saw the ball heading to Kuyt. Next time you see it look behind the goal at the few thousand fans all getting ready to duck...:england:

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Lethul: I`ve drawn Sweden in the work sweepstake. You guys gonna win me some loot?:worthy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom