Football the European Championship thread

megadave

I am a FH squatter
German defence tactics = get 2 big obstacles as centre-backs? :p

Spain looked pretty good in midfield, germany looked good on the wings at times. Other than that both teams were pretty naff, had germany had a single decent defender i doubt spain would of broke through. Overall pretty weak game.

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Not deserved ?? What have you been smoking? Not lost one single game, outplayed German for about 70 minutes during the final? Germany only producing about what 2 chances ??

lol mate.

kivik

Part of the furniture
Not deserved ?? What have you been smoking? Not lost one single game, outplayed German for about 70 minutes during the final? Germany only producing about what 2 chances ??

lol mate.

lol agree.

I thought it was a great game. Should well have been 2/3-0 to Spain.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Germany should of won :) I didn't say Spain didn't play well, but I think Germany should of won it.

There's no doubt Spain played well, but with 4 in defense what the hell do you expect?

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Germany should of won :) I didn't say Spain didn't play well, but I think Germany should of won it.

There's no doubt Spain played well, but with 4 in defense what the hell do you expect?

Why should they have won when they failed to produce any chances whatsoever?

They switch in two giants and for 35 minutes they don't try one single long ball into the field.

Seriously talk about not playing on your own strengths.

Overdriven

Okay, I'm going to say this once, and once only.

I don't give a shit about who played in what way, I PERSONALLY think Germany should of won. I don't care if they played badly, I don't care if Spain slaughtered their play style. In MY opinion, it should of been a German win.

You think I care enough about this sport to give a hell about all the miniscule crap? Obviously the better team won, and I didn't want them to win.

Now, behave and go celebrate the Spainish win by drinking San Grea. (Which I shall most probably do tomorrow)

EDIT:

I also think it should of been Germany vs Russia in the final ;)

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Okay, I'm going to say this once, and once only.

I don't give a shit about who played, I PERSONALLY think Germany should of won. I don't care if they played badly, I don't care if Spain slaughtered their play style. In MY opinion, it should of been a German win.

You think I care enough about this sport to give a hell about all the miniscule crap? Obviously the better team won, and I didn't want them to win.

Now, behave and go celebrate the Spainish win by drinking San Grea. (Which I shall most probably do tomorrow)

Just seems like unsupported gibberish in my eyes but let us end it by saying you have your opinion and I have mine :)

Wasn't trying to flamebait or anything mate, just felt like digging up why you thought Germany deserved to win :)

Overdriven

I'm not totally ignorant, Jarahl, I know Spain played better, was obvious from the start. I've had Germany as a favourite since the start and I'm not too fussed they lost, granted, rather they win but shit happens.

Congrats to Spain, no doubt they played better.

*Hugs Jara* :wij:

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
I'm not totally ignorant, Jarahl, I know Spain played better, was obvious from the start. I've had Germany as a favourite since the start and I'm not too fussed they lost, granted, rather they win but shit happens.

Congrats to Spain, no doubt they played better.

*Hugs Jara* :wij:

Okie Dokie :)

*shakes hands*

leviathane

Part of the furniture
LOL seriously overdriven what game were you watching, cos the spanish were all over the germans.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Gratgs to Spain!
A well deserved win. Germany was the weaker side tonight. Amazing performance by Torres, not just because he scored the goal. This guy is great!

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Maybe if you actually read the last 3 posts you'd know something :) Awww, football mentality.

But germany have been shit pretty much throughout the whole tournament. Spain have on the other hand been pure class.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
well deserved win for Spain.

Good result for football, Spain have been one of the better sides throughout the tournament and played some good football from day one. Germany's appaling defenders were lucky they didnt get a sterner test before the final.

Anyone watching the Croatia-Germany game could see the German defence was ropey, the Turks tried to use that and were unlucky not to beat them when they played them.

Well done Spain

Olgaline

FH is my second home
aye poor things will be all disillusioned and sad, someone with an honest heart should go comfort these poor poor crushed souls.
especially number two from the left, she looks the emotional type! yeah thats it, poor thing!!

pigerf_349090f.jpg

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Deserved by Spain.

Germany played 1.5 good matches in the tournament, that's it, the team never found a rhythm.

Could have been 3-4 : 0 for Spain, though I don't understand the ref: in the 90th minute with 2 German players before the goal keeper he called an offensive foul, I didn't see a foul there and it would be the 1 : 1 most likely and later in the 93rd minute on the last action he called an offensive foul too, but it was a defensive foul in my opinion with one Spanish player leaning on a German player at a header duel, it would free kick from an okay distance.

Was a pity that it didn't get action replayed, but surely those 2 situations don't change anything, Spain really deserved it.

I wasn't surprised that the people in the stadium booed at the refs though.

Anyway, a master piece by Spanish coach, he took the guy off who could have gotten a red card doing something stupid after the fun he had with Podolski and he then did other 2 nice substitutions. Torres exploited Germany's weak point once nicely and almost scored the same way for the 2nd time. Spain let Germany do their stuff the in first 15 minutes and then played very very well from there.

Germany potential victory was under a bad star from the beginning, pre-injured Ballack who couldn't train, then he bleeding and the bloody German doctor sending him on the field with blood still all over his face (even though the bleeding stopped, the rules say that there shouldn't be any fresh blood) so he has been sent back by the ref again, time passing by with him not on the field.

Then Lahm injured in half-time and after that we got Gomez and Kurani and it was pretty much over, though I kinda thought that it was over after Spain scored anyway.

It least they didn't leave the field with a 4 : 1 or 3 : 0 like Russia.

4th game lost by Löw. I hope he continues and draws the right conclusions for the next tournament. Ballack, Klose and Frings can still play in South Africa and the rest of the team is pretty young.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom