The end is ni !

Slytale

Loyal Freddie
Maybe i'm just paranoid .. or hung over ...

why does it seem like daoc is dying a slow and inevitable death.. and what is the cause of this...

some small details bother me ...

overpowered PVE classes messed up the ingame economy.
overpowered PVE classes allowed a player to powerlevel MANY useless chars that flood the servers.
overpowered PVE classes allowed for people to have " the perfect equipment "
overpower PVE classes allowed for a balance shift in realm population.

so really ... when did the end start.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Slytale said:

why does it seem like daoc is dying a slow and inevitable death.. and what is the cause of this...

overpowered PVE classes allowed a player to powerlevel MANY useless chars that flood the servers.

True that!

Valeres

Fledgling Freddie
or maybe people are just still hiding in ToA trying to get that perfect equip with their overpowered pve classes.

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
Slytale said:

agreek, nerf dem svgs :<

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Slytale said:

u dont like animists huh ?

Ulkez

Fledgling Freddie
The game is getting old, ppl getting bored and play less or quit - and add that ToA made it hard to reroll a new class also...
And RvR isnt fun anymore :p

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Doom! DOOM!!!! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Doom!

I don't think DAoC will be dying anytime soon, I know there are going to be a lot of changes. But change is a good thing right?

I almost feel sorry for Mythic in a way, if they don't change the game then it will never get better and people will leave from bordom. But when they do change the game they've got people whinging and bitching because they've got to wait for the RvR guilds to work out the new FoTM specs so they can follow their lead.

I do kind of agree about the overpowered classes, but I blame players more than I do actual game design. Understandably you need a solid base for a group (2Healers, 1 Shaman - though this is more and more replaced by a bot atleast from my eyes - 1 Shield tank) after that as long as you've got people its not overly important what you have, ok it might be more difficult if you have say.. 5 Shadowblades, but whens that ever going to happen? I'm not saying class design has nothing to do with it, but it wouldn't be such a factor if people didn't obsess over the 'optimal' group setups to the point where they will hold up an entire raid because rather than take the 1 extra damage dealer (lets say a Hunter in this case) thats infront of them they'd rather wait.. say half an hour for a Savage or zerka to appear.

Ironically people are begging those Hunters and Shadowblades to help with things like 5.2 and 9.10, so I guess theres some kind of karma at work there (that or sombody at Mythic has a lousey sense of humour) ;)

Yaemon

Fledgling Freddie
Slytale said:

In hib it started with the focuspulling pl...changed the attitude of many.

Excalibur is often described (atleast by ourselves ;) ) as a rvr focused server. Rvr is fun but the mentality is reflected in our pve play aswell. PvE becomes a "necessary evil" to get the items as fast as possible.. optimizing your char and go out in the "real game" (rvr) again. Also.. we rarely have to work together and solve problems etc. The Yanks already have the answers for us on some webpage or some forum. Take ToA for example.. might have been a good expansion if we didn't already know how to get all the items and the tactics on mls etc.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
savages are nowhere near as good as zerk in pve cus their dmg is variable whereas zerk is constant. Play it to know it etc

Ceryseth

Fledgling Freddie
Yaemon said:
Take ToA for example.. might have been a good expansion if we didn't already know how to get all the items and the tactics on mls etc.

I really agree with that, TOA would have taken more time but would have been much more fun, would also have stoped every single good artifact been camped the whole time even by ppl who dont need the item and just camp there for pure greed, you come with guild after beging them for help, they come a guys there camping so he asks to join for credit and lotto so you loose the lotto with him and you think , o well he also needs the arti never mind , but what gets me mad is to go then to his house and see he already has 4 of those for sale :twak:
The worst case is all these artifact robbers, after w8ing for all that spawn and getting a group there b4 other u kill the mob all for some <insertnastyword> guy to come and pick it up and run off.....
Was there a reason to make artifacts public loot? :eek7:
I do enjoy TOA, especially Mls even though i end up having to do loads of raids to get them done :D

Chronictank

FH is my second home
i prefer the yanks getting it first, they get rid of most the bugs before they reach us

Auriel

Fledgling Freddie
Before ani's, everyone hated focus pulling for putting tanks out of a job - it's the same story in different clothes. Next patch FoP will be nerfed for PvE so things will change a little, but I think the real trouble is the way buffs boost Abs on pets to insane levels and how pet spam makes 1 player the equivalent of many. It just feels a bit cheesy to reduce a game down to using farming toons and bot accounts rather than playing what are relatively PvE-unfriendly mains with some friends. Perhaps the only time that is possible is when a game is new and people are still ignorant to the killer setups, don't care about killer setups, and are just interested in exploring and having fun with whatever they have at hand. I'm not sure if we'll ever see that again in DAoC, but we'll see how things turn out with 1.71 and Catacombs.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Chronictank said:
i prefer the yanks getting it first, they get rid of most the bugs before they reach us
It also allows people to abuse bugs now prior to us getting the patches...

Lets face it FOP is being hammered v hard becasue we all know that it is being nerfed somewhat in PVE.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Yaemon said:
Take ToA for example.. might have been a good expansion if we didn't already know how to get all the items and the tactics on mls etc.

Great comment, very true.
Then again, the pl'd characters don't really matter so much, and neither does the inflated economy. What used to be expensive early on in DaoC (rare items) is still expensive now. It is just inflated a bit.
Pl'd toons have to be toa'd out or just feed rp's to the enemies. The owner can also only play 1 toon at a time anyway :) resulting in diluted rp's (but maybe slightly more rp's in total). Albion might have the greatest number of lvl 50's, but few actually go out and rvr, most just pve (as rvr sucks for most Albs).
Right now we see a lot of people coming back to rvr, finished with their ToA templates. Should be some nice action the coming month (till NF hits the server).
Regards, Glottis

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Slytale said:

:twak: did u really have to open that stupid piece of mouth u have?

dumbnut!

:m00:

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Chronictank said:
savages are nowhere near as good as zerk in pve cus their dmg is variable whereas zerk is constant. Play it to know it etc
ur right:

savage hit from 400 to 1000
and bersi hit arround 230 :p

Chronictank

FH is my second home
ur right:

savage hit from 400 to 1000
and bersi hit arround 230 :p
A buffed zerk will never die to an orange
i have seen savages die cus they have had a bad set of hits/evades

A berzerker also wont ever kill a red/low unhealed
On a good run a savage will

Go to df
Farm hulks with a savage then a zerk
then argue

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
The game is dying, it has been for a long while but the fact is there has never really been any other game out there with a decent pvp system in a mmorpg environment to compare to daoc, so we've all stayed true to daoc with the odd little affairs with beta's that quickly died like flashes in the pan. We all remember the quotes about swg, coh etc etc being the death of daoc, it never happend though, because as shit as RvR is these days, the clever use of frontiers and realms brought an ideal balance between pve'rs and pvp'rs, you could fight other players if you wanted to, or you could stay safe and roleplay as you desired and still have a realistic gaming world.

However the situration has gotten so bad now and RvR so frustrating that no competition does not matter anymore, players are quitting simply for the sake of real life out of boredom and annoyance with Mythic.

Just look at all the recent leaving threads, doesn't matter what realm or realm rank they are, they are still leaving and so many old time players have already left, will NF bring in fresh blood? doubtful, can you imagine starting as level 1 these days and trying to get to grips with the game, the classes, RA's, SI, DF, ToA and the ml's ? We had all these things introduced to us bit by bit, i'd hate to try and deal with all this from new its so complicated these days, not to mention how many months it would take, so in short, no new players are likely to join either to replace the leavers.

The game used to be fun for every minute I played it, these days I can spend hours and hours looking to find a few brief moments of fun. Which raises a number of questions in itself.

Ailyn

Loyal Freddie
Z^^ said:
Lol, for what reason, so there isnt any dt in pve?..

Hes a runemaster he just want to be oom, so he dont have to do shit :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom