The end is ni !

Lizz

Fledgling Freddie
In 5years from now ppl will still play this game.
so no, end is not near for this game, the world will end before this game to end.
They made a game, the earned alot of money, they spended even more money, and need even more money.
So daoc will never end!!! :cheers:

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Slytale said:
Maybe i'm just paranoid .. or hung over ...

why does it seem like daoc is dying a slow and inevitable death.. and what is the cause of this...

some small details bother me ...

overpowered PVE classes messed up the ingame economy.
overpowered PVE classes allowed a player to powerlevel MANY useless chars that flood the servers.
overpowered PVE classes allowed for people to have " the perfect equipment "
overpower PVE classes allowed for a balance shift in realm population.

so really ... when did the end start.

Well its time to pass over the game to the kiddies (for the ones that not going to go wow)

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
"But of course we are always be working on RvR and balancing and making sure that things are ok even if we work on the expansions we always work on feedback to make sure what we are doing is pretty much what the community expects and demands." by Matt Firor

Elwizardo

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:
"But of course we are always be working on RvR and balancing and making sure that things are ok even if we work on the expansions we always work on feedback to make sure what we are doing is pretty much what the community expects and demands." by Matt Firor

community = albion?

Killrake

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
The game is dying, it has been for a long while but the fact is there has never really been any other game out there with a decent pvp system in a mmorpg environment to compare to daoc, so we've all stayed true to daoc with the odd little affairs with beta's that quickly died like flashes in the pan. We all remember the quotes about swg, coh etc etc being the death of daoc, it never happend though, because as shit as RvR is these days, the clever use of frontiers and realms brought an ideal balance between pve'rs and pvp'rs, you could fight other players if you wanted to, or you could stay safe and roleplay as you desired and still have a realistic gaming world.

However the situration has gotten so bad now and RvR so frustrating that no competition does not matter anymore, players are quitting simply for the sake of real life out of boredom and annoyance with Mythic.

Just look at all the recent leaving threads, doesn't matter what realm or realm rank they are, they are still leaving and so many old time players have already left, will NF bring in fresh blood? doubtful, can you imagine starting as level 1 these days and trying to get to grips with the game, the classes, RA's, SI, DF, ToA and the ml's ? We had all these things introduced to us bit by bit, i'd hate to try and deal with all this from new its so complicated these days, not to mention how many months it would take, so in short, no new players are likely to join either to replace the leavers.

The game used to be fun for every minute I played it, these days I can spend hours and hours looking to find a few brief moments of fun. Which raises a number of questions in itself.

Amen to that , u are right m8

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
hehe ya .. you see it when you find it more fun to browse the boards than it is to reroll the new "fotm" toon which is required in this particual patch..

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
The game is dying, it has been for a long while but the fact is there has never really been any other game out there with a decent pvp system in a mmorpg environment to compare to daoc, so we've all stayed true to daoc with the odd little affairs with beta's that quickly died like flashes in the pan. We all remember the quotes about swg, coh etc etc being the death of daoc, it never happend though, because as shit as RvR is these days, the clever use of frontiers and realms brought an ideal balance between pve'rs and pvp'rs, you could fight other players if you wanted to, or you could stay safe and roleplay as you desired and still have a realistic gaming world.

However the situration has gotten so bad now and RvR so frustrating that no competition does not matter anymore, players are quitting simply for the sake of real life out of boredom and annoyance with Mythic.

Just look at all the recent leaving threads, doesn't matter what realm or realm rank they are, they are still leaving and so many old time players have already left, will NF bring in fresh blood? doubtful, can you imagine starting as level 1 these days and trying to get to grips with the game, the classes, RA's, SI, DF, ToA and the ml's ? We had all these things introduced to us bit by bit, i'd hate to try and deal with all this from new its so complicated these days, not to mention how many months it would take, so in short, no new players are likely to join either to replace the leavers.

The game used to be fun for every minute I played it, these days I can spend hours and hours looking to find a few brief moments of fun. Which raises a number of questions in itself.

Could not have said it better myself, perfect evealuation of how things are going.

Outlaw

Fledgling Freddie
Lol you guys r wierd, every expansion has braught new things, new toys, new classes, each changes RvR experience, variation is the spice of life etc, evolution etc. Stop whining, stop looking for the perfect Alt, the perfect Setup, if you don't r0x with 1 char, trying an alt aint really gonna help. It's about quick selection, playing with wits etc, and if your mid, it's about exploiting every cheap tactic possible.

Keep up the good work imo Mythic.

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
A buffed zerk will never die to an orange
i have seen savages die cus they have had a bad set of hits/evades

A berzerker also wont ever kill a red/low unhealed
On a good run a savage will

Go to df
Farm hulks with a savage then a zerk
then argue

i took out a nightmare in df this one time when i had no buffs, nerf zerks!

(oh wait, they did :( )

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Have to agree with Outlaw, people whine to much aout changes, but without changes this game would die way faster...

yep, pl is probaly the form of xp that brings most new lvl 50's in game, but then again there is still plenty of people xp'ing the old way.

I still love the game, best game i ever played.. And im looking forward to NF will be nice to try something NEW...

Only thing i really really hate in this game is zephyr.. NERF NERF and NERF it HARD! 30/15 min timer/purgeable.. plz ^^

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
why am I never whining about getting FZ+ganked..hmm.. :touch:

Slytale

Loyal Freddie
Mid/Exc

Officer Fellowship Of Midgard

Killrake 50
Pilare 50
Slinkie 50
Barudi 50
Toxicate 50