The dreaded DAoC forums ;)

Would you like the DAOC forums setup this way?

• Total voters

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Would be nice to return to our docile issolation rather than having to fight for our very exsistance.

Flesh

Banned
Jupitus said:
Fact is Pez, alot of the guys in the general area will spam from time to time, but they don't manage to do it with the same day in day out consistency we see elsewhere.
If you only look for something in one place..you will only find it..in that one place.

Flesh

Banned
As far as I know Thornton Heath is somewhere near Essex, and Rubric comes from Sussex..if you re-read the thread, ignoring the opinions or comments of anyone living in an area with "sex" as the suffix, it's much better.:(

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
Flesh said:
As far as I know Thornton Heath is somewhere near Essex, and Rubric comes from Sussex..if you re-read the thread, ignoring the opinions or comments of anyone living in an area with "sex" as the suffix, it's much better.:(

Thornton Heath is Surrey mate.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ladies & Gents, can we please stay on topic from this point forward.

Regards
Rob / MYstIC G

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Well, if you're up for a bit of work, I could live with the Off-Topic, eOT and pOT forums being combined. Would be nice to have the eOT and pOT threads moved into OT though.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Never been afraid of work however Deebs is the man with the authority (i.e. ability) to peform that feat.

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
I can understand the logic in getting rid of Prydwen OT. Because that is simply full of crap and hardly anyone ever posts there now anyway.

But getting rid of a forum as active as Excal OT, no matter how much you dislike it, is just not right imo.
Agreed. (and adding sum extra words cos I'm frightened of a 'don't post one word replies kthx warning' :eek:)

Tilda

Loxleyhood said:
The general DAoC forums are still for topics about DAoC, whereas the Off-Topic forums are for the people who wish to post about matters outside of DAoC but do not want to enter the general Freddyshouse forum. Considering the reception they can expect to receive I do not blame them.
I've posted on the general forums a bit, tbh I think if you dont act like a total fucktard they won't jump down your throat.

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
...and when you do fuck up the layout of the forums make sure you use spellcheck > Battlegrounds :p

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I .. erm.. *feels unwanted*

First of all, I find it quite amazing that a bunch of total strangers (to me, at least), would support our little community, by providing us with a forum. They gain Zilch, Zero, Nada from it. No, I didn't donate. The least we could do is behave, and try to play by their rules. Me likes this place. I would probably like any other place where the EU DAoC community would lurk, but that's another story.
Bad apples. Dump them out of the basket, problem solved.

As for the topic at hand, here's my opinion (although you can't say I'm an eOT or OT, for that matter):

eOT has more bytes and less brain, while OT comes second in place on the bytes thing, but presents somewhat more brain. Of course, some users post in both places (did I say post ? I meant spam), thus we can not draw an exact line between the two.
I say merge the two forums, if it means that much for the people over at General Forums. They will cry for Undo button before the week ends.

Just my 7 cents.

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
<completely lost in the sense of this thread.... heading back to beginning>

One only thing I would suggest.
I never understood (but probably is me missing a point so I am very open minded if someone could be so kind to explain me) why crafter discussions are server specific....

Trade, RvR etc must ofc be server specific, but crafting is not the same in all the servers (and tbh quite similar in all realms too)?

So my costructional criticism is: put Crafting Discussion in the general section and not in the server specific section.

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Hib, Mid and Alb use different materials in metal (and wood I think) so I guess it's to save confusion when one realm is talking about asterite and another is talking about diamond..

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Loxleyhood said:
What? No realm and server specific off-topic forums? I say thee nay!

/agree!!

pwease include offtopics in teh big plan, please, please! please!!

ta :)

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
[QUOTE='Shy]Hib, Mid and Alb use different materials in metal (and wood I think) so I guess it's to save confusion when one realm is talking about asterite and another is talking about diamond..[/QUOTE]

Equally the costs are different between realms because of varying resell values and so on.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
[QUOTE='Shy]Hib, Mid and Alb use different materials in metal (and wood I think) so I guess it's to save confusion when one realm is talking about asterite and another is talking about diamond..[/QUOTE]Your completely missing the point.

The 1 crafting forum already covers all 3 realms - what was suggested was merging the Excal & Pryd versions of this forum.

The same applies to Arindra's post.

The only posts in either forum that are specific to either server are those that were mistakenly placed there and should really be in a server/realm specific trading forum.

Theres very few posts in either Pryd/Crafting or Excal/Crafting, the vast majority of posts that do exist are equally relevant to both servers.

Merging these seems like a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom